Trip Report: March 16-21, 2022: Lights, Camera, Karen

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report: March 16-21, 2022: Lights, Camera, Karen

Postby tj71903 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:48 pm

We returned to Pearl for our third trip of 2022 to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and to, as usual, take a break from the day to day grind.

Our dates were March 16-21

Unlike the February visit, we didn't know if any familiar faces would be there which meant we headed down planning to spend our time in our own little bubble, though at one of our favorite places. Overall we spent five nights in Puerto Morales and found ourselves already anxious to return soon. Why? Because Pearl has become a very comfortable and enjoyable place to spend some time for us.

Here's the recap.

ARRIVAL / TRAVEL

For the last year I've made a habit of hiring the VIP arrival service at the Cancun airport. The benefit being that we could bypass the customs hall and head straight to baggage. Unfortunately, earlier this year the company that runs the service had some challenges with regulations at the airport (their words) and the service has now changed. For starters the price has nearly tripled and, worse, the CUN airport baggage handlers appear to have lost their sense of urgency and efficiency. Last month we were not able to book at all. This month they asked for a much larger sum than usual which I could not reconcile as providing value. After arriving on the noon flight via Delta, I'm glad I did.

The customs hall was PACKED. All lines backed up to the escalator. We were thusly forced to mingle with the groups of tourist and found ourselves slotted into line behind a lady from Ohio. We'll call her "Karen". Karen was tired and had several offspring screaming, kicking, and at one point throwing down their belongings to express their displeasure of being on a vacation. As we moved through the line Karen decided to express her clearly superior world experience by pointing out that the attendant "didn't speak good English" and that "this country is lazy". As we entered the line one of her party ran from the side and attempted to push past the wife who stepped back...Karen immediately told us "I've been waiting and they are with me, so we're going in front of you"...."Ok, no problem". It was with immense joy that we arrived at the waiting line's end and she realized she didn't have the immigration form filled out for all of her party. And so they had to get out of line and go to the back. The whole clan. I felt bad for some of them, but as for Karen? f**k her.

Anyway, we got through the customs hall in about 30 minutes and into the baggage hall which took another 55 minutes for our flight to even find a carousel. Another 25 minutes and the bags start coming out. Sky Priority be damned, but at least Delta did get us the bags. So that's around two hours from touchdown to walking out to the car roundabout. The arrival service would have cut down the time in the customs line, but not the baggage hall. So, until they figure that aspect out we won't be hiring the service again. It's a waste of money without the bags being ready. (As an aside we came through Atlanta on the way home, hit Global Entry, picked up the bags, and were rechecked through in 25 minutes total on the way home).

Once we got to the car pickup area we checked in with the USA Transfer rep and were told it would be a bit while they managed the list. This was quickly remedied as another USA Transfer rep came up and greeted us in the line they had shunted us over to, grabbed us out and took us to the car. Total time? Five minutes. From there the drive was quick and uneventful.

Arrive at Pearl and are welcomed back by the concierge and butlers. Immediately shuttled over to the Mansion where we are checked in by Aline. There was a small issue with our room assignment which doesn't need to be aired publicly, but was addressed in person with he appropriate parties. After that discussion we're set up in Room 1090 in the Mansion (middle swim-up) and before I can unzip the first suitcase here comes Amir with a small plate of BLTs and some iced waters. Just something to take the edge off before dinner which he confirmed for us at Pearl at 7. All details pre-arranged and executed seamlessly.

PROVOKE VIDEO SHOOT

One of the activities we've enjoyed over our trips is the Provoke photoshoot(s). By now we have a small library of coffee table style books that live in my safe and which are unlikely to see the light of day more than a once a year or so.

People ask us why we've done the shoots as much as we've had and the answer is that it's a fun experience. She gets to dress up, look and feel sexy, and I get to feed the creative side of my brain while enjoying the optics of it. We don't sit around looking at the pics all the time, but I happen to find the Mrs. to be quite fetching on a normal day, and when she's dolled up like this...all the better. The flip side is that as we've done more and more sessions, I've found a desire to push the bounds and shoot in different locations, with different props, techniques, etc. Ahead of this trip we were asked about the idea of maybe branching out to do the video shoot and agreed. Albeit with some nerves.

The morning of the shoot the hair and makeup team arrived at the room at 10 AM which meant I was to become scarce. I headed down to the pool to read (and work) before coming back around 11:15 to get a quick shower and spruce up. Being the natural beauty of the couple (note, she doesn't read the forums...) I was ready to go in about 15 minutes owing to nature's blessings.

Around 11:30 the videographer and director arrived. We paid the hair and makeup team and jumped into the process. It began with outlining the vision for the video (the storyline, the setting, etc). We then picked which outfits would be utilized and headed up to the Mansion lobby to shoot the first few scenes at the bar.

The set was already constructed with lights, wires, etc all in place. We sort of eased into the shooting as it went along and enlisted some help of various staffers who served as extras. From there it was a short break and outfit change (her) as we headed back to the Mansion and up to the playroom where we commandeered the space for another few hours. After that it was back to the bar to shoot the final few shots and then to wrap up. In total it was around 5.5 hours of shooting for...1:26 of video. That was incredible. Absolutely terrific editing and compilation. Best way to describe it was a cinematic short that tells a visual story. We finished up just after 4:15 and ended up getting a look at the final video three days later. Yes, it took all day but we have already started collaborating on the next one.

If you are on the fence about shooting with Provoke I would tell you to simply jump in. A lot of people say "that looks fun, but what would I do with it"...and that's fair. I don't know many who keep those pics out for public consumption, but that's only the byproduct of it. The real value for me is spending a day with the wife where she feels sexy, empowered, and similar. That energy is intoxicating (for me, anyway), and the optics are pretty great as well. While the pics and in this case video are fun, they aren't nearly as clear as what's been burned into my memory.

SLOWER DAYS

Outside of the shoot, we enjoyed the usual routine of pool side relaxation in the mornings sandwiching meals and then heading to the room before dinner and the evening.

This week's crowd didn't really lend itself to being overly active. Nobody wanted to play volleyball in the mornings and the games were either called off or severely limited for extended periods. Things picked up toward the end of trip as the crowd turned over but for the first part of the trip the demographic could be rightly characterized as having voted in the JFK-Nixon election and, if not, having at least watched the Apollo landing live. It was very reserved group content to be content which left the activity inventory lacking despite the best efforts of the playmakers and staff. That continued somewhat at the disco and the lobby party at night. Very little in the way of dancing (of which I am incapable, though she likes it) or mingling on those first couple of nights.

After the nightly shows I'd estimate the disco was empty within 30 minutes. We walked by the hot tub once, but wasn't our scene and so we headed back to the Mansion for the night. Hung out in the pool a few times and throughout the building. Nothing too wild, but still a lot of fun.

Of note, the hot tub at the main side got a new heater at 6:30 in the morning last weekend. I know because I watched them unbox it and begin the install.

MISC NOTES

- We didn't do the erotic massage this time, opting instead for the hot stone. Itza and Elodia remain the go-to dream team for us. Both are incredibly sweet and both can probably break rocks with the strength of their hands. We did the 50 minute treatment and came away relaxed and almost sleepy.

- With the setting being a bit slow, wife decided to spice it up a bit by hosting a champagne dinner in the disco. We've done it before but for those who are unfamiliar we were treated to a sit-down dinner table for two on the disco floor on which we were served a multi-course dinner menu. After dessert you get the real dessert in which the disco comes alive with lights, smoke, and music (LMFAO's "Champagne Showers") in which you may or may not be showering a scantily dressed (or not) lady with bubbles. And you also may end up with said belle of the ball in a bathtub spraying one another with said bubbles. I think it was six or seven bottles, but who knows. I lost count. After a few minutes of this we exited the disco wrapped in towels and carrying the dinner clothes and shoes, laughing like idiots with the group at the bar and waiting to get into Pearl gawking a bit. So, yeah...that happened.

- The dock is continuing its progress. The decking is done and they are working on benches and structures.

- The new royal suites are progressing as well. We were told they are set to be completed by the end of May. They look neat.

- We ate dinner in town on the last night with some friends at a place called RoMarley's. Supposedly it's one of Bob's relatives. They had a Jamaican band playing which was pretty good, but the "Jerk Chicken" wasn't close to what you get in MoBay, Ocho, etc. Not much spice at all. Still, the place was a nice change of pace and portions were plentiful and very good. Very well stocked bar with talented mixologist.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Re: Trip Report: March 16-21, 2022: Lights, Camera, Karen

Postby wwpc » Wed Mar 23, 2022 3:33 pm

New Royal Suites?

Where are they? We head back on Saturday for 4 nights at Pearl and then 5 at RM, I will have to have a look.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby Vixen and Him » Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:56 am

Thank you for this lol . As an Ohioan..I feel the need to apologize...we are not all like this in ohio :-)
Vixen and Him
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2024

Postby CantWaitDesire » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:19 pm

We too have done the Provoke photo shoot multiple times!! However, we were not aware of a video?! Is this something new they offer? Unless you are talking about the compilation of photos put to music? That we have done also. But, dis you actually shoot a video?! Thank you!! We arrive April 27th!

XO C&K
Kasidie: LivgTheLife
CantWaitDesire
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Apr 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby nokidclub » Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:11 am

CantWaitDesire wrote:We too have done the Provoke photo shoot multiple times!! However, we were not aware of a video?! Is this something new they offer? Unless you are talking about the compilation of photos put to music? That we have done also. But, dis you actually shoot a video?! Thank you!! We arrive April 27th!

XO C&K

Yes, they offer a video. It’s called “Lights, camera, action” or something like that.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby tj71903 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:31 am

wwpc wrote:New Royal Suites?

Where are they? We head back on Saturday for 4 nights at Pearl and then 5 at RM, I will have to have a look.

The building that connects to the dive shop where playmakers used to live.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby tj71903 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:33 am

CantWaitDesire wrote:We too have done the Provoke photo shoot multiple times!! However, we were not aware of a video?! Is this something new they offer? Unless you are talking about the compilation of photos put to music? That we have done also. But, dis you actually shoot a video?! Thank you!! We arrive April 27th!

XO C&K

No it’s an actual video. Production and editing. You probably need to set it up before you arrive, however.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby XenaSteve » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:56 am

Excellent review! Interesting and funny (you hunk!).

But what everybody reading this is actually interested in is to see photos of your photoshoot. So...common...please share!!!
XenaSteve
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tj71903 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:18 am

XenaSteve wrote:Excellent review! Interesting and funny (you hunk!).

But what everybody reading this is actually interested in is to see photos of your photoshoot. So...common...please share!!!

If you're at the resort, there's plenty of them in the provoke books.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby XenaSteve » Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:49 pm

Will be there in 4 weeks but would have liked seeing some previews!
XenaSteve
Desire Fan

Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby tj71903 » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:10 pm

XenaSteve wrote:Will be there in 4 weeks but would have liked seeing some previews!

It’s a video this time.

Probably next time too. At least until we figure out a new theme for the photo shoots.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Postby Lakeozarkcouple » Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:51 pm

ok, the remark about voting in the Kennedy Nixon election was funny. The one about watching 5he moon landing live…not so much. Lol
Kik: lakeozarkcouple1
SLS: lakeozarkcouple
Kasidie: Lakeozarkcouple
C4P: Lakeozarkcouple
Lakeozarkcouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS C4P kasidie

Postby ParcMonceau » Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:38 am

Lakeozarkcouple wrote:ok, the remark about voting in the Kennedy Nixon election was funny. The one about watching 5he moon landing live…not so much. Lol

My thoughts, exactly. I was just a kid. But I remember it.
ParcMonceau
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 11 Jun 2022

Postby b723641 » Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:11 pm

The age thing as bandied about in this thread is...sort of snide and unbecoming of decent folk. Doncha' think?

MAYBE everyone on this page will live to 70 or beyond. But if not, maybe be advised that the sex drive is (still) a SPECIAL part of making it that far. And for those folks: hellllo Pearl!

If YOU make it that far, you'll know what I mean. Alas, as we know, there is a fair chance you won't. Make it that far, that is.

Said the old(er) guy.
b723641
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Mar 2022

Postby tj71903 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:24 pm

It’s more of a comment on the energy level which was severely lacking. The resort got a number of complaints about the vibe and energy at the end of that week. There was precious little they could do about it. As it was brought up in several areas of the trip I felt it worth including.

We’ve met people of all demographics who are a blast to hang out with. But the few days at the beginning of this trip was not at all fun in that arena for whatever reason. Doesn’t mean there aren’t other ways to have a blast for everyone. Which is what makes it so great.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl