Desire Pearl, March 7-12, 2022 (PART ONE OF TW0)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Desire Pearl, March 7-12, 2022 (PART ONE OF TW0)

Postby b723641 » Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:45 pm

We visited Pearl as first timers in the period March 7-March 12, 2022. We booked through a travel agent as an Apple Vacation. Total fee for five nights including air travel and ground plus trip insurance (the latter, important -- as we’ll see) : approximately $5000.

Ours was a good experience overall but not the perfect one we were hoping for. Our charter airline was “Swift”. (Quotes on the name ‘cause it was anything BUT “swift” on the way home. More on that later. But NEVER AGAIN Swift.)

We are not in the LS but would recommend Pearl for its unique vibe and the overall wonderful crowd experience. But for largely frustrating and personal-to-us reasons explained below we will likely not be returning.
Our visit, in chronological format…

First things. On the plane. A 40+’ish couple seated across the aisle. We need help with filling out the immigration forms as first timers to Mexico. The woman – in my mind – has a Desire aura about her. Is it my imagination? Turns out they were bound for Desire RM. We are – almost -- embarrassed for them to see “Desire Pearl” on our own filled-out form. But let the vacation begin!

Arrived Monday midday, March 7. Five hour uneventful flight. We had no checked baggage in the hope it would expedite our arrival at the Amstar transfer station. No such luck. The Customs area was packed and it took 45 minutes to get through. Not a huge deal but an early disappointment. (From all of our readings of the generally excellent posts on this web site, we realize Cancun arrivals can be hit or miss. Sometimes, people breeze through. Other times, long lines. For our visit, we would have hoped for more check-in stations than the two that were operating at the airport.)

The Amstar transfer service is situated at the ass end of the exterior terminal complex. Quite a trek with our bags and heavier clothing in the tropical heat. (It was snowing and 20+ degrees at 4 a.m. when we left our home. Hence, jeans and heavier shirts. We were shortsighted for not having lighter clothing at the ready. And yes, we don’t travel to the tropics very much.)

We get to Amstar and are told our road trip to Pearl will take 25 minutes. We sit in the vehicle for 20 minutes awaiting departure. Once on our way, we encounter the “no left turn” road that is perhaps unique to tourism in Cancun. Bottom line: everyone on the van (3 other parties) would be dropped first. And each stop involved backtracking on the main drag for the "no left turn" pain noted above. Frustrating.

So having departed our home at 4.a.m., it is now 2 p.m. or so in Cancun and 9 hrs later. We are hot, tired and famished. As the final last drop off, the trip from the airport took an hour by my watch from sitting to actually moving. Annoying – as Amstar had indicated 25 minutes to get there. Never again Amstar, if only for the hike at the airport to reach their vehicles.

So it is approaching 3 p.m. and we are finally at Pearl. I (the husband) am already horned up :twisted: We enter the lobby and are offered a beverage as we wait for check-in. Spouse and I notice a visitor in resort comfy/sexy clothing at the next chair awaiting answer to a question. She is our age, north of 50. The thrill is building as I begin to feel sensual. (Should perhaps note here that we are regulars at vanilla nude resorts, but I sensed Pearl would be a whole 'nuther horizon.)

At check-in, the hook is set for our “meeting”. Our host wanted it then and there but we stated with some determination that we were tired and hungry. He re-scheduled us for later in the week and we headed off to our room and a late lunch at Aphrodite.

First impression of the resort at this juncture: gorgeous grounds to rival Disney for the level of constant care of the well laid out landscape. Hats off to Desire management for knowing that appearances count.

After lunch we head back to the room to strip down and then off to the pool area. It is now just past 4 p.m. The pool vibe was a good one and as expected. Nothing wild…but couples actually touching! (At vanilla nude resorts as dear readers here may know, touching a spouse or SO in public is verboten. Not so here, as we knew to expect.)

First order of business was to find Victor or Miquel at the pool. Our chaises are arranged for the week and we are finally on vacation. And they watched out for us all week long – even moving us “up” when a nicer position became available. We tipped a much-appreciated $40 for the most important gratuity of our stay …and it was worth every penny for a week of top shelf attention.

Around 5 p.m. on arrival day, we headed for the renowned large hot tub. Friendly folk there but a slightly exclusive groupie experience feel to it -- or so it seemed. (We are an attractive pair but a decidedly no-longer-looking-40 couple. This was a factor we had not anticipated. Personally, I find peri-menopausal women an exciting delight to be around – to visually enjoy. Experienced-around-the-track-wise…so to speak ; ) At the 5 o’clock hour, the tub was a packed conversation place. No heavy sex on the adjacent beds as we had been led to anticipate. Serendipity, as we discovered later.

So, now condensing: our days were a mix of gym workout, some sauna, dining at the various restaurants or the poolside brick oven pizza – and pool/hot tub time. The pool time seemed surprisingly tame when we were there. The much-heralded playmakers didn’t seem all that successful at mixing folks – for our time anyway. (I was personally awaiting the chocolate syrup shot scenes but they never materialized. Darn, ‘cause my wife was OK with it for me for innocent fun. New for us, had it happened. Perhaps we missed those events for bad timing. And we did sleep late one morning.)
We were not there for a Saturday so we missed the foam party. Again, poor timing.

We met some nice people in the pool and hot tub. Great conversation. One delightful couple invited us to dine that evening with their group at Pearl – the highest-end restaurant option. We dressed to the nines but unfortunately the management at Pearl would not allow a larger booking at that already expanded table. Our would-be hosts were upset at the restriction, but hey -- it was a very nice gesture on their part. (If they are reading this, thank you again!) We ended up at Suki – for (just) OK Asian. More about food later.

-0-

We are not disco types so we kept the psychedelic dance floor to a minimum (the actual floor looking rather postage stamp against the pics we had seen on line.

We were intrigued by the (wink wink) mirrored “special room” off the disco floor -- supposedly unused most of the time. Our luck, there were two couples so engaged as we peeked in. One couple appeared our age, the other in their 20s. Wife and I looked at each other -- and pulled up a bed. Such group fun was a first for us -- after 30+ years of solo wedded bliss. Talk about an aphrodisiac! A mind-rocking experiencing for me, especially – with the mirrors just delicious icing on the cake.

(I hope this is not getting too long or tedious, especially for its “G” rating thus far. But we’ll let the thoughts flow and hope for the best.)

Erotic Massage: I would have liked, but spouse was not about to cross that bridge. ESPECIALLY after reading the wonderful reviews on this web site. “The masseuse will put her fingers where???!!!” Ha-ha. Never in TWO lifetimes.” As the guy half, I would have loved it – even as I wondered if I could last beyond the first stroke for all the visual fantasy going down. But just imagining was and is kind of a thrill. And yes -- sometimes just totally letting go is a wonderful thing. But this time it was not to be.

(And speaking of erotic: Perhaps a good juncture here to express a long-held theory of mine re the sexes. IF ONLY women could get into the skin of their men for, oh – maybe an hour. I think they’d be amazed at the sexual obsession most men endure day in and day out. Feelings that linger like a bad cold that feels oddly wonderful. 24/7 and 365. Men cannot deny it. Am I right guys? )

The Tour Meeting and Membership Sell Job: it took place on Day 4, Thursday. We knew by then that a buy was absolutely not going to happen for us for multiple reasons, so I told the friendly resort rep: “Look. Check out our ages on your paperwork.” (We don’t look near our ages – which would be 76. (Yup. 76.) We’ve fooled a lot of people a lot of the time – especially airport security. But it can often work against us. This time, though, a perfect alibi as I then added a whitish lie to the Desire rep noting that I had already had a brush with death in a prior year and so, the question: “Hector, would you sign such a long term deal if you were me??” An honest man, he closed his brochure book and bid us a happy rest-of-stay.

(To be continued in Part Two maybe tomorrow -- on language, food, culture , trip insurance – and two more sexy moments.)
b723641
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Mar 2022

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl