Trip Report, Desire Pearl, March 7-12, 2022 (PART 2 of 2)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report, Desire Pearl, March 7-12, 2022 (PART 2 of 2)

Postby b723641 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:02 am

Trip Report Pearl 3/7/22 – 3/12/22 (Continuing as Part Two)

On our honeymoon all those years ago, we “christened” every nook and cranny in the desert Southwest. Thrice daily, easy. Nude and out in the wide-open-spaces together for the then first time. The combination of the mountain views and the closer view down below as we engaged passionately was extraordinary in the climax moments and never to be forgotten. (Yes, now that we think of it, risky by 2022 standards. But…)

While our out-in-the-open sexual moments at Pearl were slightly slower paced, these were also typical:

Day 3 we were determined to finally warm up a bed at the hot tub. At 7’ish and dusk, some sensual oral fit just fine. The tub was crowded and it was a devilish feeling noticing some – women especially -- stealing glances our way in the bed. In silhouette, I suspect my pole and ma’lady’s attention to it was obvious despite the dim light. So nice ‘n naughty for us both.

Speaking of dim light, we (almost) wish there was a sort of night light at each of the beds – the ambient light being too dim after dusk for our taste to discern the sexiness on display. And while we didn’t witness any couples actually sharing a perimeter bed in 4-some, we encountered adjacent bed neighbors clearly OK with close-proximity loving. Climaxing, too -- while subdued and discreet -- was understood in this delightfully faux-vulnerable setting.

And sort of still on this subject, we noticed that the showers near the entrance to the hot tub saw very little use. Perhaps ‘cause the reminder sign was so tiny on the wall? Always nice to have people shower before entering a public hot tub.
Lastly, we did not notice one single public BJ at the tub BAR during our stay. Our impression from our readings was that they were typical – but not when we were there for perhaps just a slow week. Everybody chatting and chatting. (Anyway, we are still left to wonder how oral in that setting is possible without breathing pool water!)

Quickies (some not so positive):

The food at the resort: very unfortunately did not satisfy.

Aphrodite: The breakfast buffet was ample but limited by shortcomings. Example: bagels more the taste and texture of pretzels. (If you are going to do bagels at a resort like Pearl, fly ‘em in from New York if you have to. Otherwise, just leave them out. And no insult intended in our mentioning.) The wait staff at the Aphrodite breakfast buffet (for coffee and such) were not proactive. When we found a server, we had to hail them over. Small detail, but perhaps fair to mention.
We avoided Aphrodite for other meals.

Suki: Having lived in Southeast Asia our standards in Asian food are perhaps unreasonable. But we found the portions small and not particularly flavorful. Yes, we were dining on Asian in Mexico and that perhaps explains it. The ambience at Suki, though, very nice. With excellent wait staff.

Pearl: Jackie Mason, the newly deceased comedian, had a bit about food portions in uber-upscale restaurants. The main course on the plate, he’d say, “looks like a cookie…” Pearl has a dim and romantic vibe to it -- the low light to perhaps conceal that the always elegant florets seem more snack than main course. I feel like Ricky Gervais here saying so. (“Ohhh. Get over yourself.”) But it was a minimalist, albeit tasty, experience.

Perhaps by default our favorite food moments at Desire: the uniquely brick oven pizza at pool side! Who knew fun food could be so healthy.

And booze: the only alcohol we consumed that did the job was wine at dinner. At the pool, multiple mai tais and strawberry daiquiris had minimal buzz effect. We can only imagine why but that was our experience. After a week of the bar setting, there was no doubt for us in this regard.

The beach: while we had a beautiful view, the seaweed issue is one management would do well to tackle. As already duly noted here, netting, vacuuming…whatever. Overdue. We’re in the tropics and the beach should be a centerpiece.

But hey, the overall Pearl experience for us was wonderful. The staff mostly top notch and so committed and friendly. The landscaping gorgeous. The language barrier was a slight annoyance. (I do wish we spoke Spanish as many of the staff we encountered on the grounds spoke little or no English.)

And the biggest boner/bonehead move of all was when I (the husband) absent-mindedly whipped out a cell phone in the hot tub chaise area. I was absorbed in the Wall Street end-of-day and oblivious to the very nude in the crowded tub staring at me from 15 feet away. So sorry, folks. It was a dumb and unintentionally discourteous thing to do. But at least the camera eye was covered and the phone pocketed as soon as the problem was obvious. Note: Maybe a bigger “no cell phones allowed” reminder sign at the hot tub!

So – why aren’t we returning?

#1) As in “numero uno”: **She** is not as “hot” on the experience as I. And that, all can agree, is a problem. She would rather rediscover our honeymoon nooky experiences back in the desert West….or in the Bahamas. In wide open spaces. I’m up for trying.)

2) Cancun seems a place with “no THERE there”. We like to explore and experience the local color and flavor of real life when we travel. Multiple resorts punctuating a shore line did not satisfy. At least some time in “the other Mexico” seemed intriguing but impractical for the resorts as they are arranged.

3) Getting to and leaving Cancun was for us, this trip, an extraordinary pain. On the return, our 5-hour flight home evolved into a 20 (yes t-w-e-n-t-y) hour journey -- for the Apple Vacations airline we used losing a crew and a working airplane. Spent the night on the floor at Miami International after our direct flight due north was cancelled with no backup. ENTER TRIP INSURANCE. We had it, we highly recommend it, and will perhaps be reimbursed $4000 under the cancellation and trip delay terms of the policy. But we shall see.

Oh. And the Cancun Airport departure zone has the feel of a (duty free) shopping mall at Christmas selling $20 cheeseburgers. Uggh.

Hence (probably for us and sadly for him) never again Cancun.

But thank you to the folks we met – at the resort and here on this board. It’s been VERY fun. And we wish you all many exciting times at Desire going forward ( ‘cause sex, we can all agree, is wonderful!)
b723641
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Mar 2022

Re: Trip Report, Desire Pearl, March 7-12, 2022 (PART 2 of

Postby Lakeozarkcouple » Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:36 pm

sorry about your experience. We have returned 11 times. You are the second person we have ever encountered who would not return. I guess as much as most of us love the place, it isn’t for everyone.
Kik: lakeozarkcouple1
SLS: lakeozarkcouple
Kasidie: Lakeozarkcouple
C4P: Lakeozarkcouple
Lakeozarkcouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS C4P kasidie

Postby b723641 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:35 pm

Lakeozarkcouple wrote:sorry about your experience. We have returned 11 times. You are the second person we have ever encountered who would not return. I guess as much as most of us love the place, it isn’t for everyone.
:DL

Thanks very much., And believe me, I (i.e. he) "gets it" -- the Desire experience. But, as the management knows, it has to be a team -- as in couples -- effort. My loss, But we are very much in love which is, of course, what counts.

Now if only some enterprising free spirit could pour some big $$$ into a similar enterprise here in the States. I think it would work for us too.
b723641
Desire Lover

Postby b723641 » Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:37 pm

Abd I don't know where the thumbs down came from mine. Not mine. Not intentionally anyway. :)
b723641
Desire Lover

Postby DKCouple » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:36 am

Thank you for a great trip report, it was very interesting to read. And I am sorry Pearl did not do it for your wife, but I hope you find interesting new travel adventures in the future.

Mrs. DK.
DK Couple
Desire Pearl: Feb/Nov. 2015 - Nov 2016/2017/2018/2019/2021
Venus/Gran Canaria - 2018/2019
DKCouple
Desire Addict

We are from: Denmark
We arrive on: 29 Oct 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC Kasidie

Postby b723641 » Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:45 pm

DKCouple wrote:Thank you for a great trip report, it was very interesting to read. And I am sorry Pearl did not do it for your wife, but I hope you find interesting new travel adventures in the future.

Mrs. DK.

Thanks, Mrs. And kind of you to say so. 'Bye.
b723641
Desire Lover

Postby Regina Lima » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:35 am

I can only imagine how bad your accommodation in Cancun was to the point where you wasted your precious time writing about a bad experience.
And I am even more curious seeing that he participates in a specific Forum of the hotel even after having made the outburst.
Human nature is really very curious.
Be happy!
Ri & Si
DP 2016-Sep
DP 2017-Apr
DP 2018-Apr
DP 2018-Sep
DP 2019-Sep
DP 2021-Nov
Miches 2023 - Nov
Regina Lima
Desire Lover

We are from: Brazil
We arrive on: 26 Nov 2021

Postby b723641 » Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:04 pm

>>>I am even more curious seeing that he participates in a specific Forum of the hotel even after having made the outburst.

Thank you. But to what specific Forum of the hotel do you refer? Not me in that regard ("he"), as far as I know?

Anyway, my impression was the "trip reports" are meant as just that -- a report on our trip. The good and maybe the room-for-improvement? Or should I have spiced it up more to add to the fantasy element? I do regret that my better half didn't connect to the extent that we'd book another Desire visit on the spot. Because I, the husband, DO get it.
\
So couples of the same positive Pearl mindset are very fortunate in my opinion. Wish we were one of those -- but will have to settle for just true love after a lot of wonderful years together.
b723641
Desire Lover

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl