Trip Report Desire Pearl April 1-4th, 2022(first timers)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report Desire Pearl April 1-4th, 2022(first timers)

Postby pdxcouple » Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:03 pm

Let me preface this trip report with some background info. We are a couple in our mid 30’s and not in the LS. We are also not big party people which is what lead us to decide on Pearl for our first experience. We spent a lot of time reading the forum to gain as much info as we could before arriving. We originally decided to only stay for 2 nights and then move down the road to a “vanilla” resort for the rest of the week. We were both a bit nervous and not sure what to expect do we didn’t want to book an entire week. Eventually we decided to add a 3rd night as we thought 2 nights wouldn’t be enough to get a good feel for the place. Shopping for the trip was great, although we had most of the stuff already that we would need. A few small things were needed for the theme nights but that is about it. The main thing I got from the forum was we needed to have a conversation about what we are and aren’t willing/wanting to do while we were there. This ended up leading to many conversations but ultimately we decided that if we did in fact decide to “dip our toes in the water” then we had established our boundaries and were both comfortable with that. As the trip grew close some nerves started in but also mixed with excitement.

Day 1: We had some delays with our flights coming from Oregon so showed up about 90 minutes later than we were meant to. Customs and baggage claim went fairly quickly and it didn’t take much time to locate our transport that we setup through the resort. We arrived at the resort around 2:30 and our room was ready which was a nice surprise. We were staying in an ocean view room about the “quiet” end of the pool. We quickly changed into our swimsuits and went to grab some lunch. We ordered off the menu and were happy with the food at Aphrodite. After we ate, we went to the pool and were able to get a couple chairs. We quickly stripped our suits and got in the water. It was very refreshing after the long day. We hung around in the pool for a bit and kept to ourselves. A couple people said hi as they swam by us but that was about it. We had a late dinner that night since that was all the was available. We went to our room for a bit and had some “adult” time. We were told most people headed to the jacuzzi around 5 so we headed down there to check it out. We stripped down and got into the jacuzzi, grabbed a couple drinks and hung out on one of the benches in the jacuzzi. There were a few different groups of people talking and after a few minutes a group that was close to us asked us if we wanted to come over and talk to them. We aren’t the most outgoing when it comes to meeting people but we went over and introduced ourselves. One couple was close to our age and the other two were just a little older. One of the couple was pretty intoxicated and shortly took leave. We chatted for a while with the other two couples and got to know each other a little better. This was nice that people were opening up to us and made us feel comfortable. One couple was in the LS and the other wasn’t and since we weren’t but were considering we felt like we were in good company. Eventually we all had to get out to get ready for dinner. We ate at Aphrodite that night and were happy with the food. After dinner we went and got changed for neon night. I had brought body paint for myself but turns out it was old and no good. My wife had a great pink wig, white mesh crop top and a neon pink thong so she was all set. I should up in white linen pants and thankfully they were doing body paint in the lobby so I had the ladies there paint me and that was great. We danced a lot before the show that night. We met up with the friends we had made in the jacuzzi and watched the show. After the show we danced for a bit then the couple we met not in the LS said they were heading to the jacuzzi so we went there as well. He got beds next to each other and spent some time in the jacuzzi before they moved to their bed. They started playing so we moved up to ours next to them and started to play as well. We watched each out which was exciting, especially for our first night and never having done something like this before. They took off a little bit after and other people made their way to beds on either sides of us. We stayed for bit longer playing with each other before heading back to our room to finish.

Day 2: We had pictures with Provoke scheduled for 10am so we got up in time to eat a light breakfast then come back to the room and get ready. The buffet food at Aphrodite was good and gave us the start to the day we needed. When we got back to the room we pulled out the outfits for the photoshoot. We had been looking forward to this for a while. We had Ruben as our photographer and couldn’t have been happier with him. He was amazing with his ideas and shots. If you decided to do the photoshoot, and you should if you haven’t, definitely ask for Ruben. We spent 2 hours in our room shooting and it was everything we hoped it would be. After Ruben left we finished what we had started during the shoot and certainly worked up an appetite. After that we put our swimsuits on and headed to lunch. After lunch we headed to the pool to lounge around and get some sun. This was Saturday so the foam party would be starting soon. We made our way into the pool shortly before the foam started. We grabbed a couple drinks at the bar and saw some of our friends we had met the night before. We stayed in the pool during the foam party, which wasn’t too crazy, chatting with our new friends. Towards the end my wife went to the bar to grab a couple more drinks and one of our friends told to look out cause she was drawing some attention. I looked over to see a gentleman chatting her up at the bar but I knew better then to be worried. When she came back the person she was talking with came with her and introduced himself quickly and another couple came up and said hi as well. It seemed at this point that people were starting to warm up to us a bit possibly because we were now talking with other people as well. It started to feel like we belonged at this point. We had an early dinner reservation that night so we headed back to the room shortly after and got ready for dinner. We ate at Suki this night and it was fine. Some of the dishes were different than we are used to back home. We had plenty of time after dinner before the party started in the lobby, so we went to the jacuzzi to hang out for a bit. We met a couple more people during this time and had some great conversations. We went back to the room to get ready for tropical night but showed up to the lobby a little closer to the time for the show as we were a little danced out from the night before. We had befriend one couple a little more than the rest that were in the LS. My wife and I talked and were open to seeing where things went with them but we were looking to take things slow. We met them in the lobby in time to head into the disco for the show. We danced for a bit after the show then headed to the jacuzzi with them. We hung out in the jacuzzi for a while then moved up to a day bed. The 4 of us talked for a while but mostly about life and we felt like we were on a different page then they were. We went back to our room late and had some fun with each other before retiring for the night.

Day 3: We slept in as best we could but we also wanted to enjoy all the time we could. I went and got coffee from the coffee stand while my wife got ready. We headed to breakfast and met a couple 20 years our senior and ended up having breakfast with them. That was great because even with the gap in age we had so much to talk about and it was a great way to start our morning. Our wives exchanged some info about where they buy bikinis and we talked football and work. After breakfast they were getting ready to play beach volleyball so we decided to give it a try. It was a lot of fun although the attendance was a little light. After that we were all hot and sweaty so we showered off and went to get in the pool. Some of the friends we had made were leaving that day so we said goodbye to them while enjoying our time in the pool. We had met a few other couples but the ones we had grown closer to were leaving so we weren’t sure who we would hang out with the rest of the trip. After lunch we decided to head down the beach and check out the town for a little while. We talked into town and looked at a couple shops, bought a few things and grabbed some ice cream from a local shop. On our way back we decided to get a massage in one of the tents on the beach. It was a good massage for the price then we headed back to Pearl. When we got back we had some time before dinner since we were eating at 7:30 that night. We dropped off the stuff we bought in the room and headed to the jacuzzi. There were only a few couples in there and one happened to be a guy I met the first morning we were there at the coffee bar. We talked with them in the jacuzzi for a while and found out we were both eating at Pearl at 7:30 that night. We went back to get ready for dinner and when we were walking to dinner we ran into them on the way. We decided to eat together and had a great time getting to know them. Dinner ran long since we were deep in conversation so we went back to get ready quickly. It was lingerie night which I was looking forward to because I had picked out a beautiful outfit for my wife to wear. She definitely turned some heads when we walked into the lobby that night. We sat with our new friends at the show and the husband said they would like to go to the playroom with us later. We had been wanting to try it out but didn’t seem like it was getting much use the other nights. We danced for a while after the show then headed back to the playroom. There was one other couple in there when we arrived. The 4 of us grabbed the two spots on the back wall and started to play with our partners. It was extremely hot in the playroom and I am talking specifically about the temperature. We had fun watching and being watched. When we were getting close to being finished another couple walked in and specifically one that we had talked with briefly and certainly the wife was someone my wife had her eye on. They started in right next to us which made things hotter and not in the temperature sort of way. We finished quickly thereafter and made our exit because of the temperature. We headed back to the room so play a little more as we were still in the mood. After that we decided we wanted to try these tacos we had heard so much about so we headed towards the lobby. When we got there most people had gone for the night but the one could we were interested in that was in the playroom happened to still be there. We started talking with them and the 4 of us ordered some tacos and sat down. The wife of the other couple was wearing nothing but her thigh high pink boots as her lingerie costume was too complicated to put back on, which we certainly weren’t complaining about. We talked for at least an hour really getting to know each other. We certainly felt like we made a connection as we headed off to bed. We talked as we lay in bed that night and were sad that we were leaving the next day as they seemed like they could be the perfect couple for us to take the steps we wanted to get into the LS.

Day 4: I woke up first, which was usual and headed to get coffee. When I came back we got ready to head to breakfast. We ate breakfast by ourselves and talked about whether we could stay for another night so we had more time with the friends we made the night before. We decided that wasn’t going to work as the next place we were going was already paid for. We went to the pool and grabbed some chairs and laid in the sun for a bit before returning to our room to pack and go check out. We were going to stay at the resort until about 3:30 before heading down the road to our next hotel. After checking out we headed back to the pool and saw our friends. We hung out in the pool and talked with them as they were lounging in their chairs poolside. Shortly after we went to grab some lunch then back to the pool to chat some more. The husband and I went to the bar and were talking and I had told him I wished we had another night because we were interested in playing with them. He said it’s not too late and the beds by the jacuzzi were open but it was up to the girls. I told my wife about the conversation and she was ready to take this step. We hung around in the pool for a little longer as time was getting shorter for us. Then my wife said to them we are going to go play on the day beds if you guys want to join. The other wife needed to make a call but said they would probably come up after that. We headed up to the beds where another couple was playing across from us. We laid down and started to play with each other. It felt different when it was light out but also hot. About 30 minutes passed and the other couple hadn’t shown up. I think we both felt a little deflated. I finally told my wife she might need to be a little more forward with this and go down and ask, so she did. They came right up to the bed and the rest was history. It was our first experience with another couple and it was great. The girls played with each other and then us guys played with our partners. It was the perfect first step for us and certainly got us hooked. They made it so comfortable for us with no pressure at all. We went and got our bag and got dressed. We then went back to them and said our goodbyes, but hopefully not forever and went to grab our cab to the next hotel.

We left on a high note and were so happy with how the trip went. It was so hard to leave and we can’t wait until we can make it back. We were certainly on the younger end of the people there during our time and a lot of people said we should try RM but we really enjoyed the vibe at Pearl as well as all the people we met. It didn’t matter to us how young or old anyone was there, we made some great connections with people of all ages. I think we did it right except we would have loved to have a little more time. For anyone new thinking about coming I would say go all in. We dressed up for the theme nights, met people we didn’t know, and participated in some of the activities around the pool. We didn’t feel any pressure from anyone about anything and that made it great. We will 100% be back as soon as we can.
pdxcouple

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 27 Mar 2023

Re: Trip Report Desire Pearl April 1-4th, 2022(first timers)

Postby nokidclub » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:33 am

Nice trip report! Glad you enjoyed yourselves. Hopefully we will meet you at some point during a future visit!
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Tex_cpl » Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:19 am

Great trip report. Liked hearing all the details! We enjoyed meeting you guys and had fun hanging out. We were the couple from around Austin that you met the first afternoon in the jacuzzi. And then we had beds next to each other that night. Good times!
Glad the trip went well. Hope to see you guys at Pearl again!
Tex_cpl

Postby TamDanCouple » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:20 pm

OMG were we the couple that left the jacuzzi first lol? I don’t think we were that intoxicated … hopefully it was another couple after we left LOL.

We also enjoyed meeting the other two couples from TX that evening. Sounds like you had a perfect intro into the LS ... this was our first trip as well, and we had a great trip.

Tami and Dan
Last edited by TamDanCouple on Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FunKinkyDuo on Kasidie
TamDanCouple
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 May 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby TamDanCouple » Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:22 pm

Tex_cpl wrote:Great trip report. Liked hearing all the details! We enjoyed meeting you guys and had fun hanging out. We were the couple from around Austin that you met the first afternoon in the jacuzzi. And then we had beds next to each other that night. Good times!

Heya Tex_Cpl, hope we see you guys at Pearl again for some strip corn hole games hehe. We were so bummed we had to leave haha

Tami and Dan from Park City
FunKinkyDuo on Kasidie
TamDanCouple
Desire Convert

Postby BandMfromtexas » Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:08 am

What part of Texas are you guys from? We are in northeast texas
BandMfromtexas
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 13 Aug 2022

Postby pdxcouple » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:08 pm

TamDanCouple wrote:OMG were we the couple that left the jacuzzi first lol? I don’t think we were that intoxicated … hopefully it was another couple after we left LOL.

We also enjoyed meeting the other two couples from TX that evening. Sounds like you had a perfect intro into the LS ... this was our first trip as well, and we had a great trip.

Tami and Dan

HAHA I am not sure. Honestly a lot of the trip is running together and some of the details might be a little off. I know everyone we interacted with was great and we felt comfortable with everyone there. We will definitely be back and hopefully we will see some familiar faces again next time.
pdxcouple

Postby pdxcouple » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:10 pm

Tex_cpl wrote:Great trip report. Liked hearing all the details! We enjoyed meeting you guys and had fun hanging out. We were the couple from around Austin that you met the first afternoon in the jacuzzi. And then we had beds next to each other that night. Good times!

We had a great trip and it was a blast hanging out with you both as well. Thanks for being the first people to talk to us, you guys definitely made us feel a part of the group. Hopefully we will cross paths again.
pdxcouple

Postby gntatdesire » Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:43 am

We will wager the people at the vanilla resort you went to after Desire were not nearly as engaging, as the nekkid (or almost nekkid) Pearl attendees. There is something about a clothing optional resort that changes the dynamics of how people engage with others, and our trips (six) to Desire resorts made "typical" resorts downright boring.
Great trip report, sounds like there will be a return visit...and either Desire resort is great. Our preference is RM.
When does flirting become foreplay?

No regrets, except why did we wait to have so much fun!
gntatdesire
Desire Addict

Postby pdxcouple » Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:20 am

gntatdesire wrote:We will wager the people at the vanilla resort you went to after Desire were not nearly as engaging, as the nekkid (or almost nekkid) Pearl attendees. There is something about a clothing optional resort that changes the dynamics of how people engage with others, and our trips (six) to Desire resorts made "typical" resorts downright boring.
Great trip report, sounds like there will be a return visit...and either Desire resort is great. Our preference is RM.

You got that right. We were next door to a young couple and we talked a little bit but we could tell they wanted to keep to themselves. We loved the connection we were able to make with people at Pearl. I do feel like all other resorts will feel a little boring from now on. We did a fair amount of exploring the area once we moved to the other resort so we weren't just hanging around there all day which was good. We will stay longer at Desire next time we go and might try RM. Because of the length of time for us to get down there we feel like we need to spend the week is our only barrier at this point. Hopefully we can get back soon though.
pdxcouple

Postby TamDanCouple » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:53 pm

gntatdesire wrote:We will wager the people at the vanilla resort you went to after Desire were not nearly as engaging, as the nekkid (or almost nekkid) Pearl attendees. There is something about a clothing optional resort that changes the dynamics of how people engage with others, and our trips (six) to Desire resorts made "typical" resorts downright boring.

We agree that naked people are generally far more engaging lol, even tho we really didn’t talk to many people for the first few days, but that was probably our own doing, as we likely gave off a vibe that we were just into each other. By the 3rd day it seemed we were chatting with multiple couples throughout the day .. and it seems my pierced nipples were a good conversation starter for more than a few women :)

We picked Pearl for our first trip because we read it has a mellow vibe, which it did, and also because the pool and jacuzzi are larger than RM. While it would have been fun to have had some more peeps in their 30s and 40s (nothing against and ages, I’m 39 and Dan is 55 haha) I don’t think we would trade that off for a louder party atmosphere, which we hear RM has. I’m sure every week is different at both resorts, and since we joined as members, we might book a few nights at RM before the balance at Pearl on the next trip.
FunKinkyDuo on Kasidie
TamDanCouple
Desire Convert

Postby Lakeozarkcouple » Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:54 pm

We spent a week at Desire Pearl once then moved to a Sandals up north. We will NEVER do that again. And if we have to for some reason, we will do the other one first. That way we are looking forward to Pearl. As to “when does flirting bedcome foreplay?” Just my opinion; it is foreplay if it leads to sex. It is just flirting if it does not.
Kik: lakeozarkcouple1
SLS: lakeozarkcouple
Kasidie: Lakeozarkcouple
C4P: Lakeozarkcouple
Lakeozarkcouple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 08 Mar 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS C4P kasidie

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl