June 2022 report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: June 2022 report

Postby gaviao » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:36 am

If you are looking for in shape professional couples I would suggest probably not attending this resort. The guests were nice people, very respectful and were not offensive at all. The ages ran from 35 to 75, but were honestly just not attractive at all. I get it that looks are skin deep and I may sound shallow but looks do matter, being 55 pounds over weight is not attractive and having tattoo's covering the vast amount of your body is also not very attractive. There are cheaper local options for being naked for a few days and quite honestly hitting SLS and doing a hot date will probably bring you more luck in finding attractive options for your fun. For those of you that love it at Desire we are happy for you and we hope you continue to go and have fun, this report is for those that have not attended yet and are expecting to see a certain level of class and beauty.

What a non-standard report!
I don't know if these guys "bought" an illusion based on advertising photos, obviously made with models, or if they didn't look around them enough.
In 19 years of knowing Desire, a dozen or so trips, we've seen all kinds of bodies and faces. And although in this field it is hateful to resort to statistics, I will do it with respect to our personal taste (of the two ladies with whom I have gone and mine): At least 50% of the guests are attractive enough to enjoy seeing them; and among them, at least a dozen are to drop the jaw. I speak equally of men and women.
I also think that the attitude of almost all the guests during their stay at Desire increases their sex appeal. It is true that the environment keeps the libido high, but seeing other bodies has caused our excitement on numerous occasions.
I'm glad people like them don't come back to Desire; They are not the kind of clients that this resort needs so that all of us who go there can fully enjoy it.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Postby tj71903 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:35 pm

So....

We've been quite a few times in the last couple of years (Friday will be trip #23 since our first time in July of 2020) and have seen a bit of everything during these last two years in terms of aesthetics and such.

Perhaps the real issue here is that the OP misses the point of Desire. I can't speak for anyone outside of our bubble, but when it comes to why we go to Desire it has absolutely nothing to do with anyone other than ourselves. And we certainly don't base our visits (to Desire or otherwise) on what the fellow guests look like. For us if the crowd sucks by whatever metric, that's fine we can entertain ourselves and find things that don't suck for us. If the crowd doesn't suck that's great and we can incorporate that into whatever we are doing on that particular venture.

Over the course of our trips we've hung out with friends who are a bit older than we are and we've never once felt like that means anything other than they've got more stories to share of a meal or drinks or whatever. We've also been able to hang out with people who wouldn't be out of place in Milan, Miami, etc. In fact we've run into one couple who we had met at yacht week a few years back and I'm somewhat certain she was formerly a model before she found her golden ticket as it were.

What really gets me in this review is the idea of allowing something that you have absolutely no control over to affect or influence your vacation and your experience. And to influence it to the point where you feel the need to come on to a forum and review in such a manner. The good thing about Desire is there are people from all walks of life, some who may move the attraction needle for you and many who won't. And it doesn't matter. But for it to matter enough for you to come on here and take shots in such a manner speaks to insecurity if nothing else.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby Orcowgirl » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:31 pm

We have been around 20 times in 4.5 years and usually stay 7-10 days. This was our worst trip EVER! The crowd came as a group or "click" and was not friendly at all. We usually have a blast with who ever the crowd is and meet almost everyone, this time was a dud! Fortunately we brought our attractive SO so had a good time anyway.....think it was just a bad 2 weeks of June....
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 11 Apr 2024

Postby Orcowgirl » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:46 pm

Clarifying: Our trip was wonderful, but the crowd was different this trip, as far as friendliness, the OP maybe needs to give it a try on a new trip. I think the "click" crowd was a turn off for us this time.
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

Postby tj71903 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:54 pm

Can understand that POV as well.

We learned long ago that the crowd can impact you as can the weather and other issues. But there's always something to do and alternatives to get into. We've never really had a bad time though some of the crowds have certainly not been in the plus category at times. It happens.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby Orcowgirl » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 pm

tj71903 wrote:Can understand that POV as well.

We learned long ago that the crowd can impact you as can the weather and other issues. But there's always something to do and alternatives to get into. We've never really had a bad time though some of the crowds have certainly not been in the plus category at times. It happens.

Yes! We have encountered one other trip in the last 1.5 years that was a click group to the point that the "lead guy" would come and pull two of the women away that came to chat and dance with me (the girl).....this time it was the same, if anyone ventured outside of the group....looked like "cock/pussy blocking". Made the trip weird.....well, next time!!!
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

Postby spanky67 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Orcowgirl wrote:

Yes! We have encountered one other trip in the last 1.5 years that was a click group to the point that the "lead guy" would come and pull two of the women away that came to chat and dance with me (the girl).....this time it was the same, if anyone ventured outside of the group....looked like "cock/pussy blocking". Made the trip weird.....well, next time!!!

If you don't mind me asking, when were you there?

We were there as total 1st timers (lifestyle or nudist) in June and actually had a great time. Met a small group of people that we are already planning together to return in December. Found the overall crowd to be very cool.

Not doubting your experience at all. I know our experience was just complete dumb luck that we found such great friends.

We were there the 7th-14th.
spanky67
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2022

Postby shrimp1992 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:41 pm

spanky67 wrote:
Orcowgirl wrote:

If you don't mind me asking, when were you there?

We were there as total 1st timers (lifestyle or nudist) in June and actually had a great time. Met a small group of people that we are already planning together to return in December. Found the overall crowd to be very cool.

Not doubting your experience at all. I know our experience was just complete dumb luck that we found such great friends.

We were there the 7th-14th.

Can’t speak to this particular circumstance, as we’ve never been to Pearl, but our last trip to RM was last week. There was a group there that was super attractive and people were intimidated by them, but when I talked to them they were all super awesome.

I’ve met a couple where the guy looked like he belonged in a worlds strongest man competition and the wife was a solid 10 but super shy. They wanted to meet people but most were intimidated by them. In my experience, you just gotta say hi. I’ve never been told to screw off lol.
shrimp1992
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2018

Postby Orcowboy » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:38 pm

The OP may want to give it another try as we found that the crowd was quiet and stuck to themselves on the two weekends that we were there. We have stayed 20+ times in just a few years (200+ nights) and the crowd was different this time. 4:00 hot tubing is usually our favorite time, we start drinking and everyone gets a bit frisky, this time was very quiet and not like the funny "on the bar antics", bed stuff (beds were saved) and the rowdy atmosphere that is the fun of the hot tub. There are times there is a quiet and then noisy weekend on our two weekend stays. This time was just quiet and more "to themselves". Give it another try! Will be great I am sure and when it is fun for all, it is good for guests and resort. First time guests will not know what the usual is and the 2 weekends that we were there were not the usual.
KIK. Orranchcouple
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Michas Grande 2x
Orcowboy
Desire Lover

Postby werfun » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:10 pm

This thread just shows that it is the guests that make a Desire visit what it can be. We have been there when it was a riot with lots of fun people havng the time of their lives then we have been there when it would have been more fun at a graveyard at midnight. As many others have said it is the guests that make a Desire trip great. The resort and staff are outstanding but if the other guest are uptight, unfriendly then it will be a unhappy trip. Just go with the plans of havng a wonderful time with you SO and anything else will fall in place.
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby Incredible » Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:53 pm

Orcowgirl wrote:We have been around 20 times in 4.5 years and usually stay 7-10 days. This was our worst trip EVER! The crowd came as a group or "click" and was not friendly at all. We usually have a blast with who ever the crowd is and meet almost everyone, this time was a dud! Fortunately we brought our attractive SO so had a good time anyway.....think it was just a bad 2 weeks of June....

We have had great trips to Pearl and truly enjoy it. However, we have experienced a similar visit where it seemed that many of the people came as group and were not very friendly, except for men flirting with my wife. I think this is an inherent risk with going to Pearl because it is such a small resort, which is why we think in general we have a better a chance of connecting with people at DRM -- more numbers, more chances. Nevertheless, we have always had a great time regardless of our interactions with other couples. We go because we love the vibe and the freedom associated with Pearl and DRM.
Kasidie:Incredible
SDC:Morefunforus
Kik and Telegram:Incrediblefunforus
Incredible
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 22 Jun 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SDC SLS

Postby Jas_n_Ash » Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:50 am

We just got back from Pearl, our first trip like this of any kind. We are not in the LS, and came to freely celebrate our love for one another. We are 37 & 38… but look a bit younger. We’re fit-ish… ya know, we work out, but we like tacos.

Our experience was very different, although we weren’t there for others. We were one of the younger couples, as we expected. What I appreciated so much was seeing people love one another freely. We, personally, aren’t necessarily into watching others, it doesn’t turn us on… but the displays we did see… no matter how the couple looked were beautiful and inspiring. Whatever others were doing encouraged us to be free to express ourselves however we wanted.

If we were looking for others to play with, our perspective may have been different. As it was, we learned what many others have expressed… that our trip was what we made of it and chose to take from it!
Jas_n_Ash
Desire Fan

Postby gaviao » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:41 am

Our experience was very different, although we weren’t there for others. We were one of the younger couples, as we expected. What I appreciated so much was seeing people love one another freely. We, personally, aren’t necessarily into watching others, it doesn’t turn us on… but the displays we did see… no matter how the couple looked were beautiful and inspiring. Whatever others were doing encouraged us to be free to express ourselves however we wanted.

You undoubtedly went with the right attitude for Desire. That's why you both enjoyed it so much. That is the secret of these hotels: the resort puts a third, the other guests another one, but the most important third we put ourselves.
On their next visit, maybe you'll go a little further, maybe not. You will decide and the decision you make will be the correct one.
gaviao
Desire Legend

We are from: Mexico
We arrive on: 29 Jan 2021

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl