June 2022 report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: June 2022 report

Postby silkyfox » Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:58 am

Seems to me the OP would have trouble going to Disneyland, County Fair or even the local mall with this expectation. Must truly be tough living in "Your world". I agree you should not return! Its easier for us to get a reservation when you are not getting one as well.
silkyfox

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Feb 2021

Postby volfan » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:30 am

blakeandriley, Wow maybe Miami might be what you are looking for where all the hot bodies go and stay in their own little circle never meet people for who they are and keep their nose in the air. I really don't want to give you the wrong impression so here is what I have to say to you I may be fat but your ugly and I can loose weight. HAVE A NICE DAY!!
volfan
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby XenaSteve » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:59 pm

I find it a bit weird that so many people judges the OP for stating the reason they will not return. I think it is legitimate. One of the reason we go to Desire is to play with other couples. If we don't find couples to our taste, yes, we will probably have non sexual fun with other couples but, for us, having the possibility to find attractive couples to play with is an important part of the trip. I don't think this is being shallow.
Over our 10+ trips to RM, we've always found nice couples to play with but I have to admit, some trips were pretty disapointing because of a majority of overweight people. It is possible to be good-looking and beautiful on the inside. It's also possible to be unattractive and ugly on the inside. We find that a vast majority of people at Desire are so fun and we have great non-sexual fun with them. But if went there for the first time and didn't find anybody attractive to our taste, we probably would never have gone back.

Not everybody is looking for the same thing and I think most people responding here are only looking at their point of view. Well, that's my 2 cents!
XenaSteve
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby blakeandriley » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:16 pm

I find it a bit weird that so many people judges the OP for stating the reason they will not return. I think it is legitimate. One of the reason we go to Desire is to play with other couples. If we don't find couples to our taste, yes, we will probably have non sexual fun with other couples but, for us, having the possibility to find attractive couples to play with is an important part of the trip. I don't think this is being shallow.
Over our 10+ trips to RM, we've always found nice couples to play with but I have to admit, some trips were pretty disapointing because of a majority of overweight people. It is possible to be good-looking and beautiful on the inside. It's also possible to be unattractive and ugly on the inside. We find that a vast majority of people at Desire are so fun and we have great non-sexual fun with them. But if went there for the first time and didn't find anybody attractive to our taste, we probably would never have gone back.

Not everybody is looking for the same thing and I think most people responding here are only looking at their point of view. Well, that's my 2 cents!

Thank you for seeing it from our point, people have been a bit nasty and have clearly misunderstood our OP. Love and peace to all!
blakeandriley
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 05 Jun 2022

Postby shrimp1992 » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:01 pm

blakeandriley wrote:

Thank you for seeing it from our point, people have been a bit nasty and have clearly misunderstood our OP. Love and peace to all!

Frankly, I think you got off pretty easy. Your post was shallow and rude.
Nobody is there to be your personal eye candy, nobody is there to put on a show for you. Nobody there has any obligation to sleep with you. It’s a lifestyle friendly resort, not an only life style resort. My wife are there for us and because the people we meet are cool. Not to give you something to look at.
There’s no problem to feel the way you do. I’m sure you aren’t alone in your feelings. The problem was that you felt the need, for some reason, to come to the forum where many of the patrons you just called fat and ugly come to from time to time and say it. There was no need for it. You could have just gone about your day and never gone back in peace. That’s my two cents.
shrimp1992
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 18 Jun 2018

Postby Cheers2US » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:24 am

shrimp1992 wrote:...
There’s no problem to feel the way you do. I’m sure you aren’t alone in your feelings. The problem was that you felt the need, for some reason, to come to the forum where many of the patrons you just called fat and ugly come to from time to time and say it. There was no need for it. You could have just gone about your day and never gone back in peace. That’s my two cents.

This is an excellent point. You're right: the OP felt what he/they felt and was being honest with their feelings. But to come on a public forum and basically tell those of us who are not superficially attractive that we are so repulsive that they would not come back was pretty harsh.
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby eddieandjojo » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:28 am

Cheers2US wrote:
shrimp1992 wrote:...

This is an excellent point. You're right: the OP felt what he/they felt and was being honest with their feelings. But to come on a public forum and basically tell those of us who are not superficially attractive that we are so repulsive that they would not come back was pretty harsh.

....further to the above. I've come to a point in my life where I really don't give a shit what someone feels about me so I had no issue with the OP other than their warning to future guests considering a trip to Desire by stating there are simply no attractive people at the resort. Well, we all know when someone says there are NO, NONE, ZERO anything that it's simply not accurate. May not be attractive in their eyes, etc..

Again, 37 trips in and without fail we have seen physically attractive people, sexy people, classy people on each and every trip!!!!
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Starflyr3 » Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:31 pm

Not gonna lie; with our first trip coming up in a week, this post initially scared me.

I feel much better after reading replies.

I mean, holy cow. It’s not like everyone who is not a 6’ tall Barbie is a lazy stupid bum.

Back to trying to find sexy clothes that fit!

:D
Starflyr3
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 23 Jun 2022

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:39 am

Starflyr3 wrote:Not gonna lie; with our first trip coming up in a week, this post initially scared me.

I feel much better after reading replies.

.....THIS.....
Trip #41 - Pearl, Feb 2024
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby banderson2002 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:12 am

MadMartigan wrote:
werfun wrote:All we can say is you are only going to Desire if the other guests are a 9 or above, pleae go somewhere else so us common looking folks don't get upset over your outstanding good looks. Some of the best looking people that we have meet are so shallow that we wouldn't want to get to know them. Yes great looking on the outside but so very ugly on the inside.

Great reply. :L

We can't wait to get to Pearl in 2 months. We're not going there to see a non-stop victoria's secret fashion show by the pool everyday. I can look at hot bodies on the internet anytime. We're going for the experience together and to make new lifestyle friends (whatever they may look like).
A silver lining to look at though. As insensitive as the original comments were, they do serve a purpose. If they keep away others who would body shame or otherwise be unfriendly based on looks, then the original post has performed a valuable public service.

Your last paragraph is spot on.
Just so happens our last trip overlapped with the OP, June, 2 - 7. We made more friends than our first trip and already have our next trip booked for December.
Neither of us are spring chickens but I happen to think my wife is gorgeous, of course I'm biased. I take no offense to being either of us being labeled as unattractive. As for the class comment...Seems to me there wasn't much of an attempt to find out if people had any class or not because the over arching criteria was looks. I'm guessing the OP didn't have much interaction to be able to determine that. They certainly didn't talk to us or any of our friends at the quiet end but then none of us are 9's. We're way hotter! LOL Seriously, every friend we came home with contact information on, were incredibly classy, highly educated professionals. I get that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but we both happen to think that people become less or more attractive as we talk and get to know them.

Objectively I can say there were several, in shape and very good looking couples there. Several come to mind in fact...or maybe I'm just recalling seeing the OP several times. LOL.
I'm just honestly not sure what the OP was expecting. Perhaps there was a lack of research. This forum is full of posts regarding the cross section of couples who go to Pearl to relax, unwind, enjoy life, make friends and do it naked without judgement.
banderson2002
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2022

Postby werfun » Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:38 pm

banderson2002 wrote:
MadMartigan wrote:
werfun wrote:All we can say is you are only going to Desire if the other guests are a 9 or above, pleae go somewhere else so us common looking folks don't get upset over your outstanding good looks. Some of the best looking people that we have meet are so shallow that we wouldn't want to get to know them. Yes great looking on the outside but so very ugly on the inside.

Great reply. :L

We can't wait to get to Pearl in 2 months. We're not going there to see a non-stop victoria's secret fashion show by the pool everyday. I can look at hot bodies on the internet anytime. We're going for the experience together and to make new lifestyle friends (whatever they may look like).
A silver lining to look at though. As insensitive as the original comments were, they do serve a purpose. If they keep away others who would body shame or otherwise be unfriendly based on looks, then the original post has performed a valuable public service.

Your last paragraph is spot on.
Just so happens our last trip overlapped with the OP, June, 2 - 7. We made more friends than our first trip and already have our next trip booked for December.
Neither of us are spring chickens but I happen to think my wife is gorgeous, of course I'm biased. I take no offense to being either of us being labeled as unattractive. As for the class comment...Seems to me there wasn't much of an attempt to find out if people had any class or not because the over arching criteria was looks. I'm guessing the OP didn't have much interaction to be able to determine that. They certainly didn't talk to us or any of our friends at the quiet end but then none of us are 9's. We're way hotter! LOL Seriously, every friend we came home with contact information on, were incredibly classy, highly educated professionals. I get that beauty is in the eye of the beholder but we both happen to think that people become less or more attractive as we talk and get to know them.

Objectively I can say there were several, in shape and very good looking couples there. Several come to mind in fact...or maybe I'm just recalling seeing the OP several times. LOL.
I'm just honestly not sure what the OP was expecting. Perhaps there was a lack of research. This forum is full of posts regarding the cross section of couples who go to Pearl to relax, unwind, enjoy life, make friends and do it naked without judgement.
:L :L
werfun
Desire Legend

Postby happyrwe » Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:12 am

Me and my wife are returning for our 7Th or 8th trip on the 22nd and are also not close to a 9 . We have been married for more than 40 years and appreciate that there is a place like Desire that we can meet so many people like ourselves that could care less of your size or age .We are always so happy to make such great new friends and socialize with people that are the friendliest no matter what or who you are. After all the stress and troubles these days you don't need another worry when you are going on vacation to enjoy the love between 2 people . We have had some of the best experiences and times at Desire and plan to continue as long as we can no matter what people rate us .Looking forward to once again meet some new friends on our upcoming trip.
happyrwe
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 07 Jun 2023

Postby Bruce&Pam » Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:30 pm

blakeandriley wrote:
werfun wrote:All we can say is you are only going to Desire if the other guests are a 9 or above, please go somewhere else so us common looking folks don't get upset over your outstanding good looks. Some of the best looking people that we have meet are so shallow that we wouldn't want to get to know them. Yes great looking on the outside but so very ugly on the inside.

This is the type of response I was expecting . . . .

Yeah? People who stand in front of moving cars should expect to get run over.
Bruce&Pam
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 03 Feb 2023

Postby brewandsue » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 am

Bruce&Pam wrote:
blakeandriley wrote:
werfun wrote:All we can say is you are only going to Desire if the other guests are a 9 or above, please go somewhere else so us common looking folks don't get upset over your outstanding good looks. Some of the best looking people that we have meet are so shallow that we wouldn't want to get to know them. Yes great looking on the outside but so very ugly on the inside.

This is the type of response I was expecting . . . .

Yeah? People who stand in front of moving cars should expect to get run over.

WORD! :lol:

Thanks, Bruce&pam.
brewandsue -SLS & KIK
funbeachcpl -Kasidie
LET'S PLAY!
PEARL 1/11/24 - 1/18/24
brewandsue
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS + Kasidie

Postby jonxenakis » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:10 am

Well, I hope that the OP is hot as sunburn, because otherwise he might fit in too well and come back.

Frankly, as I exclaimed in the hot tub at Pearl at 2 am just after playing with three other couples, “look at us, man, we’re fuckin’ pretty.” There were fit and fabulous couples in every decade and demographic. There were also couples where we feared for the heart health of one or both, and that’s ok. Just don’t give consent if you don’t want to.

Clearly, the original poster should stick to anywhere but Desire.
jonxenakis
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl