Feb. 2023 - A trip report with mixed feelings

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Feb. 2023 - A trip report with mixed feelings

Postby B and B » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:24 am

Erm and A wrote:You have any idea how expensive it was to build the mansion suites? I quess that doesn't count as a massive investment. When the mansion suites are worn and in need of maintenance give the rest of us folks a holler

We are a little confused by this reply. We are planning our first trip to Pearl in Jan 24 and concerned by the perceived attitude in your response. I'm not trying to pick a fight at all but, if the attitude of the resort and the owners that use the mansion suites is "let them eat cake", this doesn't sound like a fun place to relax or to spend your money. Is it your intent to state that, unless the mansion suites begin to show wear and tear, so be it? Does everyone else's money and enjoyment not matter? I really hope I'm misreading what you intended to write. As it is, OP's post has us second guessing our plans. As stated previously, there are other places to visit.
B and B

We are from: USA
Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl

Postby Johnwal » Tue Jul 11, 2023 2:20 pm

Orcowgirl wrote:The "Jamaica resort" is in not, in any way, the same experience! It can't be compared as it is just not the same vibe, service, quality and same demographic of guests. We had fun, but going to try Grand Micas in April, back to Pearl in July.

I think once you've tried GM you wont want to go back to Pearl in a hurry ! We've done Pearl twice and GM in Feb and to be honest, the vibe, the resort , the accommodation and the food were much better. Put that with the opportunity to go to Miches next door whenever you want, its a no brainer.

We're trying RM in Dec for the first time just to get the whole picture but I'd put cruising ( we did the Venice- Rome this year) and GM above Pearl anytime of the day. We fell in love with desire at Pearl and it was fantastic going back again but GM is beautiful and will only get better.
kik:johnwal09
Pearl, Cruise ,RM & GM veterans
next trip..RM July & Dec '24
Johnwal
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: fabswingers

Postby Erm and A » Wed Jul 12, 2023 6:04 am

My reply was simply in response to to tj71903. Seemed to me the understanding that you have expressed was stated in the post by tj71903. Don't let any comment on here discourage you from your plans, you'll have a great time, enjoy. We also have a trip planned for Jan.24.
Erm and A
Desire Convert

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 17 Jan 2023

Postby Remy123 » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:00 pm

We just got back from GM and are going back to Pearl in Nov. Shrug. GM was great, and has a lot of potential, and we will def return, but we are also excited to return to Pearl.
Remy123
Desire Convert

Will be at: Both Riviera Maya & Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Nov 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl