Better every year: June 4-11, 2023

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Better every year: June 4-11, 2023

Postby jonxenakis » Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:00 pm

We were at Pearl, June 4-11. Room 72 - third floor master suite . Very large room with two balconies and two bathrooms, and essentially no style whatsoever - which is fine. That’s no why we go to Pearl.

Flights: from Minneapolis Delta is easy. Leave home at 7. Arrive at Desire at 2. USA Transfers was in place, on time and we literally never had to stand still between getting our bags and climbing into the vehicle.

Reception: very nice, but they should stop asking if we have specific wants if they have no plan to follow through - all I asked for was more water and more decaf pods. No follow through. Ended up chasing down housekeepers and begging.

Room: cleaned and ready before we finished lunch. We love the view from 72 and had requested it again. Each day was relaxing and our room was always fresh and ready for us. Housekeeping is out of this world.

Food: massive improvements over last year. First night salmon at Suki could have been every meal all week. Pearl had exceptional offering each night and the waitstaff in Pearl are my favorite five guys on earth. They bring us joy every visit. Even the general buffet at Aphrodite is much improved. Fresher, more carefully stocked, higher quality and matched with better service. No sacrifice to the all-inclusive culinary demons.

Theme nights: we had a great time. The shows are repetitive and 40% too long, but we still had a great time. We really preferred last year’s theme nights, but we had seven great nights and tried to dress the part each night. Except dungeon night. Not our thing.

We’re 56 & 58. The crowd was older than we are when we arrived on the 4th and way younger than we are by the 11th. No way to explain it. Both sets were fun and welcoming. Every single person we actually spoke to was great. We had dinner with several different couples and whether they were lifestyle or not, everyone was fun, charming and disarming.

The beach was a no go. Our poolside bed was exactly what we wanted.

Biggest disappointment: they need to change the erotic massage to sensual massage. Happy endings are now againsr the rules. Last year I loved hearing Sandy come before I joined her. Not an option this year.

Biggest surprises : crowd was better than ever, and the food was delicious.

Oh, and we made friends with naked people who made us laugh, come, and be merry.
jonxenakis
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Re: Better every year: June 4-11, 2023

Postby sonoma92214 » Thu Jun 15, 2023 8:45 am

We are taking our first trip to Pearl in September and very interested in your comment about the massage.

Obviously, we're considering the erotic one - there are new rules in place?

How was this communicated to you? Are they still touching in the same places? Any info is appreciated.
sonoma92214

We arrive on: 20 Sep 2023

Postby jonxenakis » Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:39 pm

There is a sign that says the masseuse’s cannot concentrate on any particular area. They showed us the sign after the fact. They did not come anywhere near Sandy’s clitoris and contact with my shaft was incidental at best. We’ve had four previous erotic massages, been into Puerto Morales to see Claudia, yet this experience was nothing like any of those. Near the end they pushed the beds together and put my hand between Sandy’s well oiled legs. Then they encouraged me to get on top of her and quickly left the room whereas in past years they helped pretty aggressively once the pounding started. It was a mediocre light touch massage with blue lighting. We love the blue lights and have them installed at home. 421 nm if you’re curious.

Two days later got an incredible deep tissue massage from Sandi. (Not wife, staff.)
jonxenakis
Desire Fan

Postby Cheers2US » Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:10 pm

Great report! So glad to hear about the quality of the food. I mean, I thought it was fine when we've gone, but always to good to hear positive things.

Also great to read how nice other guests were. It's the beauty of the resort; it makes people better, inward and out.

What was the level/percentage roughly of nakedness? Just curious
A mix of nervousness + excitement
Cheers2US
Desire Superstar

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 03 Jan 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby jonxenakis » Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:50 am

75% fully naked, 20% bottoms, 5% covered. We did not have any vibe at all that the trend was away from playful full nudity.
jonxenakis
Desire Fan

Postby westcpl » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:05 pm

jonxenakis wrote:75% fully naked, 20% bottoms, 5% covered. We did not have any vibe at all that the trend was away from playful full nudity.

Thanks for the info. We are there in three weeks.
Cheers
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Postby Orcowgirl » Mon Jul 17, 2023 2:05 pm

We were there for the 4th (June 30- July 9) better than ever and the resort staff went to all lengths to make it the best 4th ever, so far. Crowd was on the younger side (40-50) up until the 4th and a turn over the 5th and after. Mostly naked. Bars hots started by veteran guests. Was a blast all 8 days. :US :US
Since 2017
Pearl 25+
RM 7+
Grande Michas 2
KIK Orranchcouple
Orcowgirl
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2024

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl