Newbie trip report (early June 2023)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie trip report (early June 2023)

Postby cpdll » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:23 am

First timers review here. Hoping we can answer some of the questions we had before we made up our mind. We spent some days at the Pearl during the second week of June and, long story short; it was as amazing as everyone else says it is. Exceeded all our expectations and just like everyone else, we started working out the details of our next trip as soon as the first one wrapped up.

Planning: First heard of Desire resorts about a year ago then in January, while we were planning a different trip, my wife was the one to suggest we booked some days at Desire. We figured that Pearl would be the best choice for our first trip and started the prep work right away. I think everyone goes through the same, but we were surprised about the immediate impact after booking, best sexual life booster ever. It changed our whole relationship dynamic and triggered conversations that improved our relationship tenfold. We were not in the lifestyle but let’s say things can definitely change quickly.

Arrival:
Used USA Transfers and it was great, they were ready by the time we arrived and mentioned they loved driving people to Desire because everyone was always happy. Check in was fast and simple, we declined the offer of a massage or an upgrade in exchange for the membership pitch but might consider it in a future trip. We did pay for the upgrade for a balcony and it’s now a must have in future trips(more on that later)

Stay/room:
Rooms are OK, we did get a chance to visit a room at the mansion, and it was beautiful, but we were surprised how little the room mattered at the end of the stay. The one thing I would have loved was a better/bigger shower. I don’t see a reason to keep the tub and at least on our room that space would have been perfect for a larger shower. Food was somewhere between ok and good. Nothing outstanding (but we can be a bit of snobs when it comes to food), for sure way better than some all-inclusives we’ve stayed at in the past.

Ripping the band-aid off:
With the whole debate on full nudity or not, we were stressing out a bit and figured at first I would wear my swimsuit and my wife would be topless, that lasted a whopping 10 minutes because after that, we were mostly fully nude and felt great. No one is really paying attention so I would say go with what makes you feel comfortable, for us full nudity worked great, even if it was our first time ever. We started at the quiet side and we did the whole awkward pool jump over the quiet/party wall several times the first day, we saw the couples question game and thought that it was tamer than we expected so figured it wasn’t a big deal to join at one point. By day 2 we were at the party side and were easily convinced to join a pool game which for that day was Sexy darts… so all in all it took us a little over 24 hours to go from “maybe we don’t take off our swimsuits” to “ let me go down on my wife in front of a 100 strangers”. After that everything became easier and easier every day.

People:
This had the greatest impact on our stay, as others, we left the hotel with new friends that can very well be lifelong friends. Everyone was extremely open and kind and at every moment we felt welcomed. Age-wise I think there was a spread between early 30s (way more than I expected and maybe a few late 20s) all the way to 60s. With the majority falling in the 35-50 range. What I didn’t expected was how good looking everyone was, maybe we were lucky but wow, there were several 9s and 10s and there were quite a few ladies that could very well be models and couples that would stand out anywhere. The best part is that everyone was approachable and friendly. On nudity, first thing I would say is ignore the forum, everyone is having fun and no-one seemed to care if you were fully nude or not. I would say that about 70% were fully nude and the rest were topless. The staff was also outstanding, from the playmakers to servers and bartenders, everyone is fun and engaging, special props to Victor, he was a superstar every day at the pool.

Weather/Sargassum:
No way around it, Sargassum was bad, they are trying really hard but one day it was so bad it went over the floating barrier they had. We spent no time at the beach because there was so much to do in the resort. We did get afternoon showers almost every day but that gave us an excuse to spend some alone time together as a couple which was great. Oh and also it was a great opportunity to use the balcony and put up a show for those that decided to stay in the pool under the rain/

Regrets:
We were a bit awestruck at first and the first night we were a bit shy and felt like the new kid in school that doesn’t belong, we realized that was not the case, everyone seemed happy to chat and even the groups of friends seemed welcoming to new guests. By the second night we had made quite a few friends. Regret 1 was not feeling confident right away…
As complete rookies we also missed some (in retrospect) obvious signs from a very attractive couple, luckily we are fixing that as we’ve stayed in touch :)
We missed saying goodbye to some of our pool bed neighbors which were quite attractive, not that we were looking for any further activities with them, but they were not only very good looking, they were also quite nice
Finally, while we were comfortable having fun with other couples, we really didn’t do anything until the last night and by then there were several missed “fun” evening opportunities.

Unexpected benefits:
We felt we had a super strong relationship before the trip, now it’s way way better. It feels like we now trust each other blindly and there’s this new level of camaraderie and closeness.
We are definitely not young but we are now in the best shape of our lives, we improved our diet and started working out and because we are planning the next trip we remain highly motivated to keep this new “lifestyle”
cpdll

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Newbie trip report (early June 2023)

Postby gntatdesire » Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Great report, so many similarities to other "first time" reviews. Outstanding that the awkwardness was short-lived; you hate to look back, thinking there was "wasted time" for enjoying all that Desire offers.
And we just sort of laughed, after our first visit (of nine total), of the "missed opportunities' to cavort with some like-minded couples, and that was remedied as well, on visit #2 :bj
All but one of our trips was to Desire RM, but the Pearl trip was also wonderful.
When does flirting become foreplay?

No regrets, except why did we wait to have so much fun!
gntatdesire
Desire Addict

We are from: USA

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl