August '23 First Time Pearl Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

August '23 First Time Pearl Report

Postby mistercube » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:52 pm

My wife and I (both early 40s) just got back this week from our first Desire visit, and having benefited immensely from this message board in the leadup, I thought I'd pay it forward with a recap. Will keep it brief but try to hit the high points.

Travel/Arrival: USA Transfers, no need to research other options. Great greeters and good, detailed communication beforehand, which helped us cut through the arrival chaos and ease the overall jitters (this was our first visit to Mexico/Cancun, so a lot new to take in). Friendly driver had a playlist heavy on the Marvin Gaye/Al Green. Nice touch. Minimal traffic.

Check-in: We were a little amped up with a bit of "what the hell are we doing at a swingers resort?" (far from vanilla but 100% monogamous) during check-in, but first impression from the lobby was that this was a nice place. We arrived about 145p on a Saturday, and our room was not ready but the concierge gave us a quick run-down, schedule of events, map, etc. Vincent took our bags, and we were given our yellow wristbands and told we could have a locker to change; we declined since we were planning to head to lunch to kill time.

We wandered around a bit, getting our bearings, and found our way to the pool and Aphrodite. Saw our first naked people which helped take the edge off. Headed in to eat and were served by Jose, who took care of us there most of the week--super nice guy. Ate something but I have no idea what, as we were eager to get our room sorted and get in the pool.

We finished around 230 and went to find the pool guys. Immediately located Victor who somehow set us up with ringside seats on the party side for the Egyptian Seduction foam party that was about to ramp up. As our room wasn't ready yet, we somewhat awkwardly sat clothed by the pool for about 10 min until Victor let us know the room was ready for us. Vincent showed us up to room 60 (and hauled our bags up the four flights of stairs).

The Room: Standard ocean-view. Totally acceptable and clean, with a decent number of TV channels, soft drinks and beer and bottled water in the fridge, and a balcony. We changed--she into just a cover-up, ready to go full-nude in the pool, me into swim trunks that could generously be called "briefs" since I was NOT quite ready, and we headed back to the pool.

The Pool: The pool at Pearl is really pretty nice and definitely spacious. We got back just about the time they were firing up the foam machine and the playmakers dressed like Cleopatra and Ramesses the Great were starting to gyrate around the pool. What a way to ease in. We swam over to the bar and very carefully sidled up among the naked throng to get cocktails. A couple rounds of that and under cover of foam I was ready to lose the trunks. It was 4pm. Four hours after touching down in Mexico I was naked with my wife in a sea of foam and strangers, icons of the Nile Valley shaking their asses to a pulsating beat while nude women scissored on an inflatable camel, traces of chocolate syrup running down their breasts. Everything seemed right.

The Hot Tub:

Between the drinks, the foam, and the atmosphere, we were ready pretty quickly to pop our PDS cherry, so we headed to the hot tub around 430. Being able to have sex in public was a big fantasy for both of us and a big selling point of Desire. It may have still been early, but I was surprised how quiet the hot tub was--just a handful of couples chatting over by the bar. She sucked my dick for a bit in the hot tub, and we would have fucked in one of the beds, but as others have complained on here, many were 'reserved' with people's shit. This did become less of am issue in subsequent days, and we ultimately did make use of the beds. But hot and bothered and ready for a break from the heat anyway (it was 96 that day and every day we were there), we ran up to the room and fucked on the balcony. Not much of an audience but so nice to be able to just f**k outside. Pretty buzzed and overheated at this point, we decided to chill for a bit before getting dinner.

The Food: Look, everyone has different tastes and a different frame of reference. We ate at Pearl the first night (Mediterranean night), and ended up eating there another night (Italian), plus once at Suki and at Mexican Night buffet at Aphrodite. To us, all of the menu-based meals were fine at best. Well presented, thoughtful, but largely flavorless. House wine was fine. Far and away we ended up preferring Aphrodite; both the breakfast and lunch offerings were diverse, with some changes every day, and always something for everyone available. One unfortunate side note I need to make here is that my wife had pretty bad food poisoning the first night, we think from the seafood linguine at Pearl. We were hypervigilant about avoiding tap water, including for brushing teeth. This came on acutely overnight and was gone by morning. But it left her a bit wary for a couple of days.

The Nightlife: We are not night people. Our first night, Saturday, was Latin Lovers-themed (pink and blue). Having overindulged a bit earlier, we skipped it and opted for an early bedtime. Although we brought stuff to dress up in each night, we ultimately only attended the Dungeon-themed party on Sunday. But without having seen any of the others for comparison, Dungeon Night was awesome. Everyone's outfits were excellent, and people were just having so much fun being their mostly naked sexy selves, whether dancing to the band (so good and versatile, by the way) or getting flogged on the spanking bench. When the disco opened, we crowded in for the show. Again, excellent. Super talented dancers, good lights and atmospherics. When the show was over, we hit the dance floor, and while the early-00s club pop wasn't my favorite (Flo-Rida, etc), my girl enjoyed it. We had also enjoyed a good number of cocktails to take the edge off, so after a few songs we headed to the play room. There was one other couple f**king when we got there, and we drunkenly 69ed for a bit until we decided to finish things off at the hot tub. When we got there, it was much livelier, and we were able to find an open bed where we fucked doggystyle for a bit so we could both watch the crowd. At some point we finished and/or were too drunk to continue, so we stumbled back to our room to recover. This was probably like 1230, mind you--like I said, not night people. Can't tell you what happens at the hot tub at 3a.

The people: The rest of the life trip was largely more of the same, lots of pool time, lots of hot tub time, mostly just the two of us catching up until we got handsy and needed to sneak away to fool around. We probably gave off a "stay away" vibe because, well, at first we meant to. Being definitely not swingers, we wanted to avoid any awkward conversations and feeling one another out. Of course, as this forum had clearly shown, most people DGAF, and we were wrong to be so uptight. By our last day we were chatting with other couples, and while we're both introverts, it was good to be reminded you can talk to naked strangers without worrying about whether they're trying to f**k you! We played a lot of "smash or pass," between the two of us, and I was surprised for our age that there were plenty of smash-worthy folks. We both were struck by how nudity is the great equalizer and honestly everyone looked so good, while at the same time there were such diverse body types.

The Sargassum/the Beach: Okay, one sour note. As others have also said, the stink is terrible and the beach is unusable. The one negative (other than potential bad seafood).

The Staff: Saving the best for last, everything the folks say on here is true. Victor is a Saint. The playmakers are sexy and fun. And really everyone we encountered was just super nice and welcoming. As great as this place was, I don't think it would be the same without this staff. Incredible.

The Conclusion: After four nights, we left to fly home on Wednesday, but as so many others have said, we were already plotting our return. By Friday we were booked for four more nights in Feb '24. See you sexy folks there!
mistercube

We are from: USA

Re: August '23 First Time Pearl Report

Postby nokidclub » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:51 pm

Thanks for the great trip report! Are you trying the other Desire or heading back to Pearl for your second visit? They are both outstanding.
Nokidclub on Kasidie, SLS, kik
nokidclub
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 31 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby ninaandfrank » Mon Aug 14, 2023 4:59 pm

Glad you folks had such a great vacation. Here's to many more to come!
Frank & Nina
Some are reigniting the flame. Ours never burned out. Just dumping gas on it!
ninaandfrank
Desire Addict

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 29 Aug 2024
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby playatropical » Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:49 pm

Great report. Sounds like you hit all the bases.
playatropical
Desire Convert

Postby BosCouple36 » Tue Aug 15, 2023 5:29 pm

What dates are you booked for Feb? We just booked our 3rd trip for Feb. Thank you for the review! Can’t wait to be back!
BosCouple36
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2023

Postby mistercube » Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:13 am

nokidclub wrote:Thanks for the great trip report! Are you trying the other Desire or heading back to Pearl for your second visit? They are both outstanding.

Back to Pearl, didn't feel the need to mess with perfection.

BosCouple36 wrote:What dates are you booked for Feb? We just booked our 3rd trip for Feb. Thank you for the review! Can’t wait to be back!

Feb 17-21. Assume the tan may be in dire need of some work at that point.
mistercube

Postby BosCouple36 » Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:26 am

Nice! Our trips overlap - we are 2/16 to 2/24! We will be pasty white as well since we will be in the middle of the new england winter!!
BosCouple36
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2023

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl