Pearl August 2023 review

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pearl August 2023 review

Postby westcpl » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:09 am

Well, we just returned from yet another fabulous trip from Desire Pearl (August). I truly don’t know where to start, but I’ll try.
1) If you are the least bit outgoing, you will have no trouble meeting great couples. We are not in the lifestyle, yet we laughed the entire time we were there. We meet some great people from both Canada and the US. The more you are into meeting people, the more you will meet.
2) The food. The best was Suki restaurant. The staff work so hard to present you with a perfect meal. Ray is a great server as are the others. A shout out to Eddie, he also works all over the place, at Suki, the hot tub bar, and the Lobby bar. Thanks, Eddie, for your great service. Aphrodite has some fabulous food. We ate there on a Friday night (BBQ night) and it was a hit. The beef kabobs are to die for. The food has really improved. Maybe a few more Gluten free options and dairy free, if possible, but thanks for what you have already.
3) The pool. The entertainment staff (Candace, Kia, and Alejandra) work their butts off, each and everyone of them. Please try to play at least in some of the games, pool volleyball, pool basketball, beach volleyball etc. they have lots of fun games that are not in the pool as well. The bartenders also try very hard to make your drinks, and they should also get a very well-deserved shout out. Just an FYI, a couple of bucks every now and then goes a long way, just sayin…
4) The Pool and Coffee Bar: Thanks to Adrian and Christian and Abraham for providing me with the perfect cappuccino every morning. I also need to thank Gabriela who is so sweet and hard working. We love you and miss you already. She works the coffee bar, as a pool server and in Aphrodite. She is a super hard-working person and needs to be recognized. Thank you, Gabriela. Also, a shout out to Yolanda also a pool server. Also, a very hard-working person. Thanks for your great service.
5) Pool beds and towels: Thanks to Victor and Miguel for all their hard work. Thanks, guys, for all your dedication.
6) Now for the other staff. Jose in the Aphrodite. Thanks for getting us all the hot sauce. You are a great example of just how fantastic the staff are. The butlers (Carlos, Hector, Erick, and Manuel. Thanks again for everything. The front desk staff are both very friendly and professional, as are the housekeepers and room staff. Thanks for all you do.
7) The nighttime entertainment is not to be missed. The shows are great, professional, and fun. I must say again, if you are not outgoing, and you do not have an open mind, you may not enjoy yourself. HOWEVER, the music in the disco still sucks big time. The same songs by LMFAO and Black-Eyed Peas etc. get played in the same order and considering the average age of the crowd, this music just does not fit the crowd. The bands and DJs before the shows play way better music, but the DJs do not care. They are young and they play want they want. Most of us have better playlists on our phones, and they would not have to pay someone. Management doesn’t care, never has, and never will. So, stick around for the show, and do your own thing.
8) The seaweed: ok, yes, it’s there, but it’s not their fault. Skip the beach and stay around the pool. Ask Gabriele or Yolanda to bring you another drink and everything will be ok.
We are already planning our trip next year. We had one night of rain, but that’s to be expected. It was as hot as I expected, so overall, a perfect holiday. Thank you Pearl staff. See you in a year.
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 12 Aug 2019

Re: Pearl August 2023 review

Postby wwpc » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:13 am

You want to post this on Trip Advisor the staff gets points when they are mentioned on reviews.
wwpc
Desire Devotee

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2023

Postby tj71903 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:02 pm

Curious about the music and disco. Agree it’s definitely older and they could certainly freshen it up with newer and more recent stuff but it’s not too terrible and they are going for bpm it seems. We usually give the DJs a playlist and they seem to incorporate it.
tj71903
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 26 Dec 2020

Postby Mr&MrsS&L » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:42 pm

tj71903 wrote:Curious about the music and disco. Agree it’s definitely older and they could certainly freshen it up with newer and more recent stuff but it’s not too terrible and they are going for bpm it seems. We usually give the DJs a playlist and they seem to incorporate it.

I actually thought the music improved a bit this year. I liked how they at least attempted to stick to a theme each night so you didn't hear as many of the exact songs every night, excluding J-Lo and Pitbull of course! ;-)
Cheers!

S & L
Mr&MrsS&L
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 04 Aug 2022

Postby westcpl » Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:06 pm

wwpc wrote:You want to post this on Trip Advisor the staff gets points when they are mentioned on reviews.

done and done. Thx
Temp Baja 2011
Temp Baja 2012
Pearl 03/13
R/M 01/14
Pearl 8/17
Pearl 8/18
Pearl 8/19
Pearl 8/22
Pearl 8/23
westcpl
Desire Addict