Just got back from Pearl... 9/14-9/18, 2023

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Just got back from Pearl... 9/14-9/18, 2023

Postby Turk7 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 8:08 pm

How about the owners of the resort pay the workers a decent salary. The price they charge they can afford to pay their workers a decent salary. It’s an all inclusive resort and each person tips as they see fit.
Turk7
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 30 Jun 2021

Re: Just got back from Pearl... 9/14-9/18, 2023

Postby Sun Set » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 pm

I travel extensively and a lot in Mex and Central America. On a trip to Rotan a few of us were really happy with the service so we tipped the normal American tip for the service. Two days later the manager approached us and asked if we knew the exchange rate. We that was an interesting question. He explained at that time the exchange was 45 to 1. In their culture they live pay check to paycheck and his staff took the week off. Do the math we tipped a months wages!!! The poor manager had to do 3 peoples job for the week until they returned. So I try to keep that in mind when I tip. I believe everyone going above and beyond should be rewarded. BTW a lot of all inclusive resorts reward their people by their on line comments so one of the best tip/reward you can give is to post about the staff.
So I always try to keep
Sun Set

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl