First Timers Trip Report March 2024

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Timers Trip Report March 2024

Postby Electra1473 » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:44 pm

There’s so much idk where to begin!

Check in… pretty simple and straightforward. They tried to get us to pay for an upgrade and we declined. We then moved on to the concierge for information about the resort etc. she also tried to get us to upgrade, but I held my ground. lol. She also tried relentlessly to get us to sit for the membership presentation. But we declined that as well. She offered all sorts of discounts etc. but we really didn’t want to waste an hour of our vacation doing so.
Our room wasn’t ready so we went to the spa to change and lock up our things and then headed to the pool. The pool was busy and there weren’t any chairs, so the pool staff set us up on one of the jacuzzi beds. We hung out there for a little while and then headed to lunch. About an hour or so later, the concierge came to let us know that our room was ready and that we had an upgrade.

Room…we had the master suite. Great views. Near the quiet end of the pool. Large room almost too large for us. Especially for such a short time (we were only there for 3 nights).

Pool… Odds are you won’t get a chair near the fun side of pool. Members can knock you out your reserved spot at pool. We got up around 6:30am to reserve our spot at the pool. Pool staff told us to go to the same place that we were at the day before. So we did, put our stuff down. When we came back our stuff was moved and a members reserved sign was on our spot. Not a huge deal but somewhat annoying. Pool parties/ foam party are a blast! We had so much fun!

Jacuzzi…it’s the place to be. We hung out there most of the first day. Everyone hangs out there mid afternoon before dinner and then again after the disco. You can meet a lot of people there and also see a lot of “stuff” going on.

Food…for an all inclusive I thought that the food was pretty decent. I’ve been at all inclusive before and the food has been inedible. Staff was always on top of things and accommodate dietary needs.

Staff…incredible. Everyone is so friendly, welcoming, helpful.

Disco… show and DJ were good. We only made it to the disco on the first night as I wasn’t feeling well the next two nights. The show prior to the club opening was great. People only danced for maybe an hour if that. And then everyone disappeared. We saw some couples in the playroom but I believe most were at the jacuzzi. We danced for quite a bit and then headed to the jacuzzi around midnight. It wasn’t as wild/crowded as I thought it would be.

I read through lots of information here in the forums so I felt very prepared. Do bring a water bottle or two for your drinks! It makes such a difference. Let me know if you have any questions. We’re thinking of going back in December!
Electra1473
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: First Timers Trip Report March 2024

Postby P43 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:25 pm

Thanks for sharing. Headed there for first time in October and, like you, gobbling up all the current info available. The whole pool chair availability and dinner availability topics are of concern, but I guess will work out.

T
P43

We arrive on: 16 Oct 2024

Postby Electra1473 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:12 pm

The pool chair wasn’t that big of a deal. It was more annoying than anything. We were in the pool most of the time anyway. We made sure to go to dinner early so that we didn’t have to wait. The concierge explained at check in that if we got there after 7/730 we would have to wait. We went to Pearl the first two nights and then Aphrodite on the last night.
Electra1473
Desire Convert

Postby P43 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:20 pm

That is a relief, thanks for the reply.
P43

Postby ContentTwo » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:34 pm

The pool chair thing is a very big deal to us. I’m glad you had a good trip, but your report is concerning and disappointing.

RM started doing this same members-only thing at the pool two years ago. It drove us back to Pearl in October, and we were pleased that Victor had no problem getting us chairs by the pool. If Pearl starts the same BS, it may be the final straw that pushes us away from Desire completely.

Fingers crossed. We’ll see how it goes in June.
ContentTwo
Desire Lover

Postby Electra1473 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:17 pm

It was just annoying bc he told us to the exact same spots that we were at the day before ( with an umbrella) We went to breakfast and when we came back Antonio had moved us (no umbrella). Idk if it was truly a member thing or if he was confused(he seemed flustered and kept counting chairs) and there was a similar issue with other guests the previous day (they were non members).
Electra1473
Desire Convert

Postby P43 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:45 pm

Did you tip him to get the chairs? Seems that is a common thread of success. We need some shade wife is fair skinned redhead.
P43

Postby Electra1473 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:13 am

Yep. Everyday.
If your chair doesn’t have an umbrella, just ask and they will move an umbrella to your spot.
Electra1473
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl