Trip Report from the Hesitant 1st Timers - Feb19-22, 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report from the Hesitant 1st Timers - Feb19-22, 2013

Postby Newd » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:36 pm

I would have posted sooner, but we went to another resort for two nights after the 3 we spent a Pearl. Then our flight got cancelled and we didn't get home until a day after we had planned on. Needless to say, we have been very busy and running behind since.

We were at Pearl from 2/19 - 2/22.

Since this was our first trip to Pearl, we decided not to put all of our "eggs in one basket." We spent time at various resorts.

We arrived to the area and spent 2 nights at Gran Bahia Principe Tulum. We then spent an afternoon at the Tulum ruins. That evening we stayed at Rosa del Viento in Tulum.

From there we went to Desire Pearl for 3 nights.

We spent the last two nights at Paradisus La Perla.

Prior to this trip, we have stayed at the Riu Palace Riviera Maya in Playa del Carmen and about at decade ago for our Honeymoon at some forgettable resort in Cancun.

So, those are my comparisons for food, facility, etc.

From my prior posts, you know that my wife was hesitant and I was hesitant to put her in a bad situation. Let me say, any of you that are looking to "surprise" a partner with a trip to Desire had better be VERY, VERY sure that they are going to be fine with what this resort offers.

My wife knew FULLY what we were getting into. Full nudity. Sexually charged. Etc. (As I've stated before, we come from a very conservative religious background but are adventurous.) She had communicated with another woman who is from our religious background that had spent time at Desire and asked a lot of questions and had read online about the resort.

Prior to arriving to Pearl, we got some emotionally upsetting news. I think this put a cloud over the start of our time, to be honest.

We arrived on 2/19, my birthday. Check in went fine. We got there a bit early, but they quickly accommodated us. I think the sad state of mind, juxtaposed with the guest services guy suggesting a couples massage with a "happy ending" got on my wife's nerves a bit. Regardless, they told us that someone else had been given our regular room because they didn't feel safe on the ground floor. So, we were immediately upgraded to room 79 which has a patio, patio bed and a plunge pool. In retrospect, I'm not sure that was a blessing or a hindrance. We ended up spending much of our time there.

After landing in our room, we changed into swim trunks and bikini and went to the buffet to get food. This was probably the 2nd shock for my wife, especially in the state of mind she was in. You can prepare for the experience but it doesn't necessarily mean you are going to be prepared for the actual moment of truth. I'd say that 100% of men were completely nude. 95% of the women. It really didn't bother me, but I know my wife wasn't quite ready for it.

We ate lunch, and headed back to the room. My wife immediately had her top off and was on the patio bed. I thought, okay, good to go. I was immediately nude. I figured if I'm paying for the option, I'm going to take it to the fullest.

We spent most of the afternoon on the bed. I went down and got in the pool. Nude. My wife put on her top before we went to the pool.

As the pool started to clear out, we actually started to make out on our patio bed and her bottoms came off. She climbed on top of me and we had sex.

Off to a great start, IMO. At this point, I figure my wife is plenty fine with this.

Not really understanding the schedule, we got dressed and went to dinner at the lobby restaurant about 7. We were only the 2nd people there. It was supposed to be an aphrodisiac menu. To be honest, neither of us were very impressed by the menu. The portions were TINY and the food, while creative, was a bit too experimental (foams, gels, etc) for what we were looking for in a nice dinner. It wasn't terrible, but it seemed like the menu was trying to hard.

We tried to go to the ala carte restaurant to get more food, but it was full and we were going to have to wait. At that point, we weren't really hungry, so we went back to the room. My wife stripped off her clothes and went out to the plunge pool. We took along a toy and had some fun in the plunge pool and then went back into the room.

I had bought a Persian dancer outfit for her to wear if we wanted to go to the Theme Night, but she said she wasn't in the mood for a dance club and didn't want to wear the costume, so we stayed in.

We watched a little TV. We started watching Clockwork Orange. There is a scene were the gang smashes a kid's genitals. Truly awful.

That's when the meltdown began. Ugh.

I think the combo of being tired, the sad news from earlier, the shock of the first day at Desire, the scene in the movie, etc. took its toll. My wife broke down and said she just wasn't comfortable at Desire and that she felt like she didn't belong here. At that point, I contacted cokemann to see if he was aware of any possibility of moving to another Original Resorts hotel for the remainder of our time. I told my wife that we could leave and that she didn't have to do anything she didn't want to do. I began to make preparations for a change of hotel.

I woke up and started packing. My wife, with a full nights sleep, some good rest and a refreshed spirit, woke up, got in her bikini and said she wanted to stay.

Our 2nd day was much like the afternoon of the first. Although, at this point, my wife actually did spend time topless in the pool.

We decided to go to dinner at RM to see if the food was any better and for a change of scenery. We had rented a car to get around from resort to resort and to see the sights, etc., so we hopped in our car and drove the 10 minutes away to RM.

We arrived there about 8 or 8:30. One thing we immediately noticed was that the crowd was much more our age group. At Pearl those days, we were, by far, the youngest. Nothing against old people, but I think my wife was uncomfortable being the youngest woman there. A bit like she was hanging out with her dad's friends in the nude or something. No offense here, I think it's just a matter of perception and background, right? Anyway, at RM, there were people of all ages, but DEFINITELY a much larger representation of people in our age group. We found a table at the Japanese restaurant and were seated at the big bar in the middle next to other couples. Definitely a social experience. People immediately noticed we were visiting from Pearl and started conversation. It was a lot of fun. One lady, Angela, heard it was our first time at Desire and moved her husband over and sat down next to my wife and befriended her..asking her about her experience, telling her about the resorts, etc. She spent a bunch of time talking to us. Her passion for the resorts was evident and she really went out of her way to welcome us and show us around RM. Thanks Angela!

After dinner, we watched the lingerie show in the common area, passed through the dance club and then headed back to Pearl. We went out to the plunge pool on our patio and chilled out. Then we moved over to the bed and had some fun time. It was dark, but a few people passed by. Made my wife nervous, but not enough to care...

We spent our final full day at Pearl much like we did the previous. Woke up, got breakfast, got naked, laid out on the patio bed....got some lunch. Returned to the patio. Had a liaison in the plunge pool. Took a dip in the pool naked, etc. We did spend some time on the beach that afternoon. I was naked. My wife not. Some passersby, but not many. None seemed to affected by what they saw. I personally didn't feel comfortable on the beach chairs lower on the beach with my manhood showing, but did lay out naked face down or with my man-junk covered. We did move up to an open palapa bed and that was nice, too. Less close to the passersby.

That evening, we thought we'd venture over to the hot tub as the sun was setting and was getting chilly with the wind. We walked into the area and my wife was immediately uncomfortable with the situation. So, following her lead, we went back to our plunge pool and spent some "fun time" there. We decided to try the lobby restaurant again. This time, we felt it was much better. The menu wasn't quite as adventurous or experimental. The filet that I had was awesome. so were the Raviolis. From the night before, Angela and her husband gave us the great advice to order two of everything so as not to be hungry. We did that. I got the filet and the raviolis. My wife got duck. It was all much better. The appetizers were better, too. Great food.

After that, we went out to the lobby to watch the live band. I'll be honest: We were both VERY impressed by the quality of the live music that night. My wife is a bit self-conscious about dancing, but with some provocation by me along with some of the other guests and staff noticing my earnest yet awkward attempts to dance, my wife relented to my cute attempts at dancing and seducing her and she joined me in dancing. Probably my favorite part of our stay at Desire.

The crowd then moved to the dance club for some entertainment. There were strippers, male and female, that performed. I thought my wife would probably want to bolt, but she wanted to stay and watch. It was a lot of fun and the interaction with the guests was priceless...both humourous (with the male guest) and sexy (with the female guest and BOTH the male and female performer). The performance ended and she decided she was done with dancing, etc. so we went back to the room and wrapped things up on the patio. :)

Our last day was bittersweet. I woke up early and since our patio was still in the shade, i found a lounger by the pool that was in full sun. My wife woke up and we went and got breakfast. Afterwards, we laid out on the patio bed. To my great pleasure and surprise, my wife finally took off the entire bikini and spent a couple of hours reading and relaxing, fully nude. Regrettably, it was our last day. We took a dip in the pool (my wife put the bottoms back on for this) and then tried to grab a bite to eat before departing.

Some thoughts on the facility...

The room: We were pleased with the room. Clean, comfortable and nice. My wife is pretty picky about hotel rooms, but she had no complaints. I'd say the bathroom could use a remodel as it's dated, but, again, it was clean and comfortable. We were really happy with the upgrade. Although, as I said before, I don't know if the private patio and patio bed were a good thing or not. They ended up possibly being a crutch. A place where we hid away and didn't have to interact or immerse ourselves. On the other hand, I think it was a much more comfortable transition for my wife. And it provided some great "fun time" moments.

The beach: The setting is beautiful. The palm trees were nice as much of the surrounding beach was void of trees. The beach itself was nice. We did, however, find the sea floor there to be pretty rocky. I think you'd definitely benefit from wearing water shoes if you plan on standing around out in the ocean. The sad thing for us was that it was fairly windy while we were there and so it made it not as enticing to be in the ocean because of the choppy water and the stiff breeze. The beach chairs and beds on the beach were very nice and enjoyable.

The food: It was better than some places we've stayed in Quintana Roo, but it certainly wasn't to the level of the Paradisus. I'd say it was about on par with the Riu. Better than Gran Bahia. Pearl is a small resort, so the breakfast and lunch buffet is smaller, too. Not nearly as much selection, but in relation to the size of the resort, I think it was very generously sized with a lot of selection. Do yourself a favor and wait the extra few minutes to request an omelet and/or waffle for breakfast. The gazpachos, if you are into that sort of thing, and I am, were tasty during lunch. There was always something you could find to like and there was plenty to eat and choose from.

Entertainment: We didn't delve into this aspect as much as others. We really thought the live band was out of this world. VERY, VERY good. The dancing in the lobby was fun, even with few participants. The entertainment at the night club was fun/funny/sexy and well done.

One other thing, since it was my birthday, the first day we arrived, they delivered a special dessert and champagne to our room. It was a very nice touch.

I'd definitely go back, although, I might be interested in trying RM. Maybe Pearl if there was a group going that was geared to a younger crowd. Who knows. Doesn't really matter. I had a good time talking to whomever. Had some nice chats with other guests regarding football/sports, hobbies, life, etc. My wife? I'm not sure she'd choose to go back. Maybe with time that will change to adamantly yes or no. But I had a good time.

I'll see if I can't get my wife to post some of her thoughts/feelings here, too.
Newd
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 19 Feb 2013

Re: Trip Report from the Hesitant 1st Timers

Postby realtom540 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:48 am

Thanks very much for the trip report. I can understand what you are saying about the great room being a crutch, but it sounds like you and your honey had some good intimate times, so it is a win.

Maybe Desire is like a swimming pool, sometimes it just takes a bit of time to get used to the temperature....
realtom540

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby miranda » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:29 pm

Great report and thanks for posting. The first time can be nerve-wracking, especially when we conjure all sorts of scenarious and 'what if's ' prior to actually going. Your wife is a good sport and you are such a supportive husband. Happy to hear you managed to check out Desire RM - at least you now have some sort of comparison.

Next you might want to try Desire Los Cabos? LOL! :D
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Postby Gunnert » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:36 pm

Great report. We were in the a similar position our first trip to RM about 7 years ago. We stayed 7 nights then and I really think the extra days gave us time to overcome our anxieties. It took Carolyn two days to get neckid and relax. After that is was one of the best the vacations we'd ever had!. We booked our next years trip within a week of returning home and have returned every year since... come March 23.... :lol:
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Postby Danl » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Your room must have been right next to ours. I never even noticed anyone being over there. We also liked the music that night--must have danced with you. We were the extremely attractive couple in their early fifties. LOL!!!!

Funny cause the disco entertainment that you guys liked was over the top for my wife.
Danl
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 Feb 2013

Postby Newd » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:22 pm

Danl wrote:
Funny cause the disco entertainment that you guys liked was over the top for my wife.

I know. I have no explanation. I think its just a matter of what each person brings to the table in the exact moment they are experiencing something. That can include prior experiences, social views, religious views, emotions, energy level, etc. A lot of things.

If it had been our first night, maybe I'd have been searching Puerto Morelos for my wife. Who knows. Regardless, we enjoyed that evening immensely.
Newd
Desire Fan

Postby NCVETTE » Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:07 am

Going to Pearl in August, but also have concers about age range. Can i ask your age range?
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Gunnert » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:10 pm

NCVETTE wrote:Going to Pearl in August, but also have concers about age range. Can i ask your age range?

...over 21 :lol:
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Re: Trip Report from the Hesitant 1st Timers - Feb19-22, 201

Postby Newd » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:10 am

Looks like we may be headed back ...
Newd
Desire Fan

Re: Trip Report from the Hesitant 1st Timers - Feb19-22, 201

Postby Bareman » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:47 pm

I hope you do go back under better circumstances. We stayed at DRM last year and had a great time. We love being nude, we really enjoyed the dancing and theme nites, but most of all were loved the PDA and PDS. It was the best vacation of our lives going to Desire.This summer, at our local nudist resort, we were called down for me putting suntan lotion on my wife. The club considers that PDA as it is a AANR club. We are not in the LS, but we had a romantic time with each other at DRM and Pearl. We took at day pass and went to Pearl. We're staying there next time as we fix better into the age demographics at Pearl better the DRM. We went the Desire to celebrate our 40th anniversary, but we are younger at heart. :o
Desire RM and Pearl April 2015
Desire Peal December 2018
Bareman
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Dec 2018

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl