Desire Pearl Trip Report Mar 23-31, 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Desire Pearl Trip Report Mar 23-31, 2013

Postby Gunnert » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 am

Just returned from our first trip to Desire Pearl. We have been to Desire RM that past 6 years about the same time each year. I'm 57/she's 47, both good shape and open minded. I'll start by saying "this ain't Kansas, Dorothy". It is unfair to compare the two resorts.

Check-in was pretty straight forward. Was initially told I had a balance of $700 which was wrong. I reminded the clerk of Desire's policy on being paid in full PRIOR to arriving. I didn't appreciate the sales pitch to upgrade from an Ocean View room to a Master Suite for $800. When I asked what my upgrade price was since I was already paying for a Junior Suite, I was told the same... We didn't opt for the OVER priced $15.00 a day for wifi that barely works and is very slow. Coverage is advertised as resort wide but everyone we talked to had to go the lobby to get online and speed was equal to 20 year old dial-up. You'd "think" for $500 + a night you'd at least get wifi, nope, not here...

The rooms are very nice. Pearl is an older resort that has been well maintained. Air worked great, plenty of hot water, very clean, etc. We were in Rm 33 which was a Junior Suite on the ground floor and perfectly located for access to the pool and other facilities. The kingsize bed was very comfortable.

The dining was really good at both restaurants. Having only two limits the cuisine. We did miss the convenience of the buffet at RM. Only knock was it takes a LONG time to get served. You must plan your time accordingly.

The pool, grounds, hot tub are all excellent. The entertainment staff is top notch! Swim up bar in both, pool/hot-tub, was great. The hot tub is about 4 times larger than RM.

The disco played "our" kind of music. Mix of 80/90, and contemporary, e.g. Pit Bull, etc...Nighly entertainment was really good and didn't drag-on like you often see. Entertainment would start when the disco opened at 10:00/10:30 and run for 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour. The playroom is very small and saw very little use. Very few attended the lobby bar nightly entertainment after dinner. At RM this was the time for the "meet & greet" and for the ladies to strut their stuff. Didn't happen at Pearl.

If you're going to Pearl and expecting anywhere NEAR the same sexual electricity that you get from RM then you're going to be very disappointed. It isn't there. In 8 days we saw "a" hot tub bed being used in the afternoon 3 times. No body shots on the bar. Occasionally there would be a little woman/woman action and the whole hot tub would stare; kinda like Mardi Gras when a girl takes her top off... A lot of swim suits, etc. The disco was about the same. Very few of the women dressed for the theme nights. My wife often felt over-dressed with her outfits that are HOT. On Saturday night there were many over 60 year olds and even a few with canes.

During our 8 night stay occupancy varied from 40-80%. There were MANY transfers from Temptations. I was glad to see some one get a break, but I was reminded often they were getting a $700 a night room and only paid $250...

Desire Pearl is a clothing optional resort as you'll agree with if you go...many women and men didn't not go full nude. Nothing like Desire RM. There were a few women that did not go topless, muchless bottomless; just stating a fact.

We go to Desire for the spice and electricity it adds to our sex life. Pearl didn't offer that to us. It was fun and relaxing, nothing more. If you are looking for a very nice clothing optional resort with an aire of more affluent then Pearl may be for you. You won't find us there.
Gunnert
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Jun 2021

Re: Desire Pearl Trip Report Mar 23-31, 2013

Postby mspete » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Thanks for posting. Based on various Pearl trip reports it sounds like the sexual electricity and theme night participation varies by week. Hubby is "encouraging" me to try out both the playroom and hot tub beds with him. I'll feel better about that if there is others trying them out and some sexual vibe in the air. We have finished shopping for theme nights although I heard they may have changed a couple over Memorial Day weekend. :? Glad to hear they are doing better with the music. Hope people show up at the lobby bar!
mspete
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 May 2013

Postby Ilcouple94 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:22 pm

mspete wrote:Thanks for posting. Based on various Pearl trip reports it sounds like the sexual electricity and theme night participation varies by week. Hubby is "encouraging" me to try out both the playroom and hot tub beds with him. I'll feel better about that if there is others trying them out and some sexual vibe in the air. We have finished shopping for theme nights although I heard they may have changed a couple over Memorial Day weekend. :? Glad to hear they are doing better with the music. Hope people show up at the lobby bar!

I can promise there'll be at least one other couple trying them out during your stay! :D :bj <--- been dying to use that!
Ilcouple94
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 20 Apr 2017

Postby Screamincheetah » Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:35 pm

Starting to get a little concerned. The wife and I are not hard core nudists or swingers by any means, but are definitely into both. We are definitely hoping for a sexually charged and open environment. We picked pearl for the class and quality but may have messed up in the sexual and fun area. We usually rely on the more aggressive couples to open things up. It looks like if we want something to happen while we're there (may 28-June 1) we may have to be the crazy and aggressive ones. All I know is she keeps saying she can't wait to be naked and have sex in public, so hopefully we'll be brave enough to do it and others will follow our lead.

On the transfer note... This practice needs to stop. They can't keep bringing 'tamer minded' and less open couples over just to pad numbers. It's insulting they pay so much less for the same experience and if they bring enough people who are tight or closed minded then the whole vibe of the resort shifts for the worse.

Everyone on this forum should make a pact that no matter what, we will all take the open and adventurous vibe with us to pearl, so no matter what we know that there will always be people there looking to live this trip up to the fullest.
C4P: wewantyouinkc
KIK: wewantyouinkc

June '13 - Pearl
June '14 - RM
Dec. '15 - Pearl
Dec. '17 - Pearl
July '19 - Pearl
March '21 - PEARL!!
Screamincheetah
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 15 Mar 2021
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby ZigMoGin » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 am

Screamincheetah wrote:Starting to get a little concerned. The wife and I are not hard core nudists or swingers by any means, but are definitely into both. We are definitely hoping for a sexually charged and open environment. We picked pearl for the class and quality but may have messed up in the sexual and fun area. We usually rely on the more aggressive couples to open things up. It looks like if we want something to happen while we're there (may 28-June 1) we may have to be the crazy and aggressive ones. All I know is she keeps saying she can't wait to be naked and have sex in public, so hopefully we'll be brave enough to do it and others will follow our lead.

On the transfer note... This practice needs to stop. They can't keep bringing 'tamer minded' and less open couples over just to pad numbers. It's insulting they pay so much less for the same experience and if they bring enough people who are tight or closed minded then the whole vibe of the resort shifts for the worse.

Everyone on this forum should make a pact that no matter what, we will all take the open and adventurous vibe with us to pearl, so no matter what we know that there will always be people there looking to live this trip up to the fullest.

My hubby and I will be there the first week in May and I'm all for making the pact!!!! We both are hoping for some adventure and sexual vibe! We've never been to such a resort, and it may take me a bit to get my "feet wet", but I don't think it'll take us long! We too are hoping to visit the play room and test the hot tub beds, and we are hoping others will do the same while we are there. :D
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 01 May 2013

Postby marshadanar » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:32 am

Everybody keep in mind that its NOT the resort but the people staying that make or break the party. We booked for a week where there is a GROUP going so we know there will be high occupancy and a good sexual vibe. If you go on an off week it's likely going to be a lot tamer...
marshadanar
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13- 4- 0
Swing Site(s) we belong to: c4p

Postby trysex » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:57 pm

ZigMoGin wrote:
Screamincheetah wrote:Starting to get a little concerned. The wife and I are not hard core nudists or swingers by any means, but are definitely into both. We are definitely hoping for a sexually charged and open environment. We picked pearl for the class and quality but may have messed up in the sexual and fun area. We usually rely on the more aggressive couples to open things up. It looks like if we want something to happen while we're there (may 28-June 1) we may have to be the crazy and aggressive ones. All I know is she keeps saying she can't wait to be naked and have sex in public, so hopefully we'll be brave enough to do it and others will follow our lead.

My hubby and I will be there the first week in May and I'm all for making the pact!!!! We both are hoping for some adventure and sexual vibe! We've never been to such a resort, and it may take me a bit to get my "feet wet", but I don't think it'll take us long! We too are hoping to visit the play room and test the hot tub beds, and we are hoping others will do the same while we are there. :D

We will be there first week of May and will do our best get it started so all has happy endings.
trysex
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 0- 0-2013

Postby Spongeworthy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:27 pm

Last edited by Spongeworthy on Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spongeworthy
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2019

Postby Eskimojoe » Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:04 pm

We have seen both sides of Pearl. It definitely does make a difference depending on the crowd. Look us up....we are all about changing the vibe!!!!
Eskimojoe
Desire Fan

Postby CoolTwo03 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:32 pm

We will definitely make that Pact with you all when Jay and I arrive and are looking forward to some debauchery Lol! :CAN
CoolTwo03

We arrive on: 27 May 2013

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl