2nd Pearl Trip 4/28-5/5, 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

2nd Pearl Trip 4/28-5/5, 2013

Postby Eskimojoe » Wed May 08, 2013 11:21 am

This was our 6th Desire trip with 4 at Riviera Maya and our 2nd to Pearl. We traveled through Baltimore for the first time and arrived in Cancun on time. There weren’t many people on the plane so the immigration, baggage, and customs processes went very smoothly and we were out waiting for our shuttle in no time.

We pre-checked in online so our check in process at Pearl was quick and painless. We got a mini-suite near the scuba shack on the edge of the property. The view was spectacular of the ocean and the breeze on the porch was very pleasant. We were naked within an hour after landing....record time!

The property continues to be kept nicely. Our only complaint was that the hot tub gets really gross when there are bugs and plant pieces floating in the water. We did have one stormy afternoon but they keep the pool clean so why not the hot tub? The two restaurants were completely different in food quality. The lobby restaurant, now enclosed and interestingly decorated, was by far the best food. If you get there at the wrong time, you will have to wait but it is worth it. We did see a couple get irate with the staff since they had to wait...come on...have a drink and chill people! The beach side restaurant was OK with one night being really poor service and food quality. We got there later than the crowd but still within the hours of service. They seemed more interested in preparing to close than to provide service.

We walked to Desire RM halfway through our trip. It is about an hour walk and a little tough at times depending on the tide. We like the RM vibe typically and it seemed to be skewed 10 years younger. It was only half occupied but still had a fun atmosphere. We stayed up at the hot tub longer than we expected as the wife was playing with some of the stragglers from the tub. The buffet had food out but would not serve us. We went into the Suki restaurant and they seated us. The food was outstanding as was the service.

The entertainment staff (Charlie, Jovani, Jess, Inga, and Xavier) were always fun. They got us in the water and on the sand many times playing games. The wait staff was incredible with the exception of the one night. Maravila was our drink runner for most of our stay and she hustled back and forth in the heat.

Much is said about the average age and level of sexual tension at Pearl. Although 10 years older (average in our estimation was 40-45), we felt it was much more sexy than RM. We saw all 6 hot tub beds in use in the daylight and it was pretty hot action. All 6 were taken at night and hot action as well (It was not that way at RM). There were some body shots on the counter but most of the action was in the tub or on the beds. I bartended a couple afternoons as Art was getting slammed with little help from the other bartenders. I was the “rude” bartender and made some new friends. Their only complaint was that I put too much alcohol in their drinks (one of the people we met told us that she went back to their room and slept until the next morning).

We enjoyed a lot of sex as a couple, kissing and playing with others, and people watching! Special shout out to the Bubbly Bears (Gary, Melda, James, and Tonya)! They are a great bunch to hang out with!!!

As always, our only disappointment is putting on clothes and heading home.

Tim and Rita
Eskimojoe
Desire Fan

Re: 2nd Pearl Trip 4/28-5/5

Postby ZigMoGin » Wed May 08, 2013 3:33 pm

We were there part of the time you were....5/1 - 5/7. You lucked out then that you got on Desire RM. We were told by Magy, the Conciere at the time we checked in, we could visit at any time during our stay; well, on 5/5, we walked the 45-min. walk along the beach to Desire RM, and we were DENIED access onto the resort. :evil: We practically had to beg for a cup of water. I even asked to talk to the manager, and was told "no". When we walked back along the beach, of course, we headed to the Pearl lobby and asked to speak to the manager there. Come to find out that because of a "takeover", we at Pearl were not allowed to visit RM. So future visitors beware......make sure you are indeed allowed to visit on a specific day. Magy told us that she didn't find out until after we checked in that there was a takeover...poor/short-notice communication in my opinion. Other than that, our visit to Pearl was awesome! (I will post this warning/experience in it's own post so others learn from our incident!)
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 May 2013

Postby C2C » Wed May 08, 2013 11:11 pm

Tim & Rita -

Good meeting you two and enjoying our many rounds of tequila & blind volleyball. We thoroughly enjoyed our trip and will be back.
C2C
Desire Convert

Postby Jh1061 » Thu May 09, 2013 6:50 pm

You guys were great! I would agree with all ur comments except we actually enjoyed the ocean side restaurant. Great atmosphere and guests during our week(4-30 to 5-7) at Pearl. I expect we will be back soon.
John and Pam
Jh1061
Desire Convert

Postby miranda » Thu May 09, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks for the great review from Pearl Repeaters. Interesting to hear of some of the changes.

We also walked to RM from Pearl and they had a takeover at RM - we think we would rather go during a lower occupancy time as there were wall to wall people at the pool and no chance at all of getting a lounger. Great, though, if you don't mind sharing close quarters with a few bodies - a good chance to get up close and personal if that's your cup of tea.

We would love to go back to Pearl so we'll keep our eye on it but we know we can't go wrong with any of the Desire properties.
miranda
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl