Just Back from Pearl 5/1-5/7 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Just Back from Pearl 5/1-5/7 2013

Postby ZigMoGin » Wed May 08, 2013 3:43 pm

We just arrived back from Pearl yesterday (5/7) and will post a regular trip report in a few days. But in the mean time, if anyone has a questions, feel free to ask! The trip was awesome!!!! The only negative we had was:

We were told by Magy, the Conciere at the time we checked in, we could visit Desire RM at any time during our stay; on 5/5, we walked the 45-min. walk along the beach, and we were DENIED access onto the RM resort. :evil: First the beach security guy stopped us. We thought it would just be a formality of showing him our wristband. He then told us we couldn't enter the property!!! I asked for a manager, and instead got a security supervisor. She too told us we couldn't visit. I then asked for a manager and was told "no". :shock: So, back we had to go, the 3 or so miles back to Pearl. (They didn't even want to give us a drink...until we practically begged for a cup of water!) Once back at Pearl, we headed to the lobby and asked to speak to the Pearl manager. Come to find out that because of a "takeover" at RM, we at Pearl were not allowed to visit. So future visitors beware......make sure you are indeed allowed to visit on your intended day. Magy told us that she didn't find out until after we checked in that there was a takeover; poor communication on their part considering takeovers aren't done spur-of-the-moment. Other than that, our visit to Pearl was awesome!
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 May 2013

Re: Just Back from Pearl 5/1-5/7 2013

Postby KanDy » Wed May 08, 2013 9:09 pm

ZigMoGin,
If you've read some of the other posts, many of us are curious about the EyesWideShut theme night. Can you expound upon that for us? Please do tell!
KanDy
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 06 May 2014

Postby NCVETTE » Thu May 09, 2013 7:47 am

Any mention of the catamaran trip?
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Re: Just Back from Pearl (5/1-5/7)

Postby ZigMoGin » Thu May 09, 2013 4:36 pm

NCVETTE wrote:Any mention of the catamaran trip?

Yes, there is a guy from the dive shop who walks around "selling" snorkel trips. He mentioned that this past Saturday, there was a catamaran trip going out from Pearl. Since it was supposed to be a 6 or 7-hour trip, we weren't interested. We never did see a catamaran leave from Pearl on Saturday, so I'm not sure if it indeed left from Pearl or from RM. For our snorkeling experience, we instead walked up to Puerto Morelos and took a boat out from the pier co-op. $25 for two hours. We lucked out and got a personal tour from Charlie Brown, who is 70 years old! Come to found out he's a bit famous; he was featured in a National Geographic article. Just google "Charlie Brown Puerto Morelos National Geographic" and you'll see why he's a bit famous. The snorkeling was so worth it; we saw sea turtles, a barracuda, and other colorful fish! I highly recommend it...and be sure to ask for Charlie Brown as your snorkel tour guide!
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

Postby ZigMoGin » Thu May 09, 2013 4:44 pm

KanDy wrote:ZigMoGin,
If you've read some of the other posts, many of us are curious about the EyesWideShut theme night. Can you expound upon that for us? Please do tell!

The EyesWideShut night was on Wednesday night, the night we arrived. Everyone first gathered in the lobby area. If you don't bring a black cape, no worries, as they were passing them out to guests who didn't have any, including us. There was a "leader" of sorts in a red mask and he had a staff/stick. SPOILER ALERT SO DON'T READ ON IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED ~~ We all followed him into a back room that had a large bed in the center of the room. The lights were dimmed, and the atmosphere was very erotic. Then a couple came in and put on a simulated "sex show" of sorts. Then the leader walked around the room looking for volunteers to have their own fun on the bed. About 5 or 6 couples joined in. Because we had only just arrived, it was a bit strange for us so we then left. So after that point, I can't tell you what else happened. Hope that helps though!!!
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

Re: Just Back from Pearl (5/1-5/7)

Postby HandK » Fri May 10, 2013 10:13 am

ZigMoGin wrote: Come to find out that because of a "takeover" at RM, we at Pearl were not allowed to visit.

Yep, the same thing happened to us, except we were at RM and were trying to visit Pearl. When we checked in, we asked about a visit and they told us to just come to the lobby and arrange a taxi. The day before we planned to visit Pearl, we stopped by the lobby and were told we could not visit because there was a take-over at Pearl. If you plan to visit one of the sister properties, make sure you check the Group Calendar before you plan your visit as the Calendar will show what groups are at each Desire location.

--HandK
HandK
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Oct 2014

Postby pillagethevillage » Sat May 11, 2013 7:43 pm

How did you get in touch with Charlie Brown?

My wife and I will be at Desire RM in Aug/Sep. and would love that type of snorkel trip.

Thanks,

Rob
pillagethevillage

Postby heavyG » Tue May 14, 2013 7:28 am

NCVETTE wrote:Any mention of the catamaran trip?

We did the cat trip when we were at Pearl in March. Van picks you up at Pearl, then stops at RM to pick up guests there - then drives you to the harbour in Cancun (cat dock is right beside Temptations Cancun).

The catamaran is very small, I think that there were a max of 6 couples(?), all from either Pearl or RM. Not much room to move around or play, without tripping over the crew...
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby SLINON » Wed May 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Last time we tried this the "crew" was hot and worth tripping over!! lol!! We might try this again! :D
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby ZigMoGin » Fri May 17, 2013 6:21 pm

pillagethevillage wrote:How did you get in touch with Charlie Brown?

My wife and I will be at Desire RM in Aug/Sep. and would love that type of snorkel trip.

Thanks,

Rob

We didn't go snorkeling with any "reservations" so it was pure luck that we got him as our guide. Since Puerto Morelos is only something like a 20-minute walk from Pearl, I would take a walk down and talk to the man running the snorkel office at the corner. Just ask him that you'd like to go out with Charlie Brown. Since there are many snorkel guides, chances are slim that Charlie would just happen to be there waiting for a customer. More than likely, you'll be told when he'll be there for the next day(s). In an attempt to fill up a boat, he may also try and talk you into going out then and there with someone else, but Charlie was a true character to be experienced! We did wait around for about 20 minutes to see if anyone else wanted to be taken out, but it ended up just being us so we had our own personal tour. (Of course, the other guides may just be as entertaining....but I couldn't tell you that for sure since Charlie was our only guide for our only trip.) And don't forget to just say "no thank you" to those who try to sell you a snorkel trip before you get to the Puerto Morelos pier.

Also, it is a very short boat ride out to the reef...maybe 10 minutes tops; and Charlies wasn't "racing" to get out to it either. :)
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Fri May 17, 2013 6:42 pm

ZigMoGin wrote:We just arrived back from Pearl yesterday (5/7) and will post a regular trip report in a few days.

Just a friendly reminder :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

Postby ZigMoGin » Sat May 18, 2013 3:27 pm

Thanks, Cokeman....I will have to be sure to do that soon! :D
ZigMoGin
Desire Lover

Postby Condessa » Sun May 19, 2013 12:33 am

ZigMoGin wrote:The EyesWideShut night was on Wednesday night, the night we arrived. Everyone first gathered in the lobby area. If you don't bring a black cape, no worries, as they were passing them out to guests who didn't have any, including us. There was a "leader" of sorts in a red mask and he had a staff/stick. SPOILER ALERT SO DON'T READ ON IF YOU WANT TO BE SURPRISED ~~ We all followed him into a back room that had a large bed in the center of the room. The lights were dimmed, and the atmosphere was very erotic. Then a couple came in and put on a simulated "sex show" of sorts. Then the leader walked around the room looking for volunteers to have their own fun on the bed. About 5 or 6 couples joined in. Because we had only just arrived, it was a bit strange for us so we then left. So after that point, I can't tell you what else happened. Hope that helps though!!!

We were there the same week. We left also at that point to change and go back to join :) . But when we came back in about 15 minutes, the show was over....I would not have too much expectation then.
Condessa
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl