Desire Pearl Trip Report May 11-20, 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Desire Pearl Trip Report May 11-20, 2013

Postby SamAndRose » Thu May 23, 2013 12:09 am

Warning - this is long.

About us – M43 F42, married 19 years. Together 23. Here to celebrate her birthday. Not in the lifestyle but we have flirted on the edge of it and we enjoy having fun, wherever that takes us. Been to Hedo once (2012) and many other vanilla AI resorts, both with family and by ourselves. This was our first trip to Desire Pearl (or any Desire resort).

Won’t go into the details about our trip there, except for the fact that coming in from Northern Alberta means that it always takes a full day to travel to anywhere. This trip was no exception – 12 hours from the time we left our house to when we stepped into the Pearl lobby. Trip home took us 14.5 hours. So when we go away for a week, we really go away for 9 days as we lose 2 days to travel. This trip was the perfect amount of time for us.

Check-in was easy. Room 50 in the seashell building. Balcony towards the back of the building and overlooking the quiet pool. Room was in great shape; nothing broken or missing. Room safe wasn’t reset so a quick phone call to the front desk and someone was there in a matter of minutes to reset it. After that there were no problems with the room. Great maid service and refreshments were restocked regularly.

We are beach people so that is where we started. But it is a public beach, so people from other resorts, including kids, walk along the beach to get to town or back. That made us a bit uncomfortable. If we choose to go nude at a CO resort and other adults see us then that is fine. But the kids and people from other resorts didn’t sign up for that, so after the first day we decided to stay up at the pool. Spent the first 6 days on the active side, and the last 2 on the quiet side. Last day of the active side we were on the loungers right in front of the speaker, so that was annoying – couldn’t hear anything over the thump of the bass. What made it worse was the six chairs to the right of us were taken but never used for the entire day. We learned to get up really early and play the ‘reserve the loungers at 6 AM game’ which is a shame that it comes down to that.

The attitude of the place was nice and relaxed when it came to nude/clothing optional. No one cared what you wore or didn’t wear around the pool. This was a nice change from Hedo where there was a sometimes aggressive vibe out there of ‘you must be nude!!!’ Rose and I both got the stinkeye from some guests and staff of Hedo if we weren’t completely naked within seconds of arriving on the beach. There was definitely a more relaxed vibe at Pearl. Rose wore her hot pink thong from Wicked Weasel all week and she looked fantastic in it. I love tan lines like that, so I was fine with her wearing it all week. No one cared, and a lot of other people commented positively on her tan and her thong.

Food was great. Always found something good to eat. Service was for the most part outstanding. One night at the Pearl restaurant in the lobby the hostess forgot about us and we were left waiting for 40 minutes. Food that night was a bit dry – not sure if it was because it was sitting out too long or what, but that was a disappointment. One other night we met with two other couples for dinner and they had a hard time making a table for the 6 of us, even though there were enough tables side by side to do so. Service that night was slow. Otherwise the wait staff does an excellent job. Bar staff as well were fantastic.

The disco is the place for the shows and then dancing. Very few men dressed up at all for theme night – I had an outfit for every night, and aside from one or two others (David was always there in his theme outfits as well – he makes an excellent Chippendale dancer ) it was mostly about the women. It would have been nice for a few more males to dress up. I gave up my gold pointy sultan shoes to one of the EC’s for his costume. Every night after the show, there would only be about 30-45 minutes of people dancing before the place emptied out. And every time we wanted to check out the playroom, it was being used as a change room for the entertainers. Rose took advantage of the pole in the disco to demonstrate what she learned in all those classes she took. Some other women asked her for a quick lesson and she obliged – it is a great way to meet and mingle with others.

The shows were hit and miss. The Sin Circus was amazing. Caribbean night and the Strippers were also very good. Eyes Wide Shut was a complete disappointment. We don’t need to see simulated sex when we can see real sex 25 yards away in the playroom or the Jacuzzi. Lots of people left throughout the show.

Speaking of the Jacuzzi… we never went to the Jacuzzi until the last day when we met some people who convinced us to try it out. Not being lifestylers we weren’t really there to meet other people for fun and games. But we did go. The afternoon was more a big cocktail party than anything else. No real shows of PDS going on. That night we also went back after the disco and again, it was very tame and quiet. I guess that has to do a lot with the people at Pearl that week.

The people we did meet were amazing. Met couples from all over and there was an instant comfort in talking with everyone. Made some good friendships that I hope we will be able to continue moving forward.

Had a couples massage at the Spa. Not the sensual one. Rose wasn’t interested in having someone be paid to try and get her off. We talked with 3 couples who had the sensual massage and the reviews were mixed – 1 loved it, 1 was uncomfortable with it and 1 was apprehensive but enjoyed it.

A big downer for us was people using cameras there. We are still in a position of having to work for a living, and we both can be fired if photos got out of us in a place like Desire. But there were people who thought it would be fun to take pictures in the Disco of the robots, or to film the pool as they got close ups of his lady taking a pole lesson on the pool deck. We mentioned it to the EC’s and sometimes they made announcements and talked to the guests, and sometimes it was the ECs with their phones taking the photos of the robots. We saw one woman freak out so bad in the club one night about the cameras she left in tears. I thought she would be checking out the next morning she was so worked up.

So will we be back? We have never found a place anywhere that demanded our attention enough to make us want to return. But Pearl is probably the closest we come to for a return engagement. We met couples from both Hedo and Pearl that we want to travel with again, and as of today, I think we would choose Pearl over Hedo. Hedo has the better sexy vibe (and the ability to have sex on the beach) but the facilities are better at Pearl. Our next adult escape isn’t for another year, so we will see what John can do to the facilities at Hedo. Depending on the budget and everyone else’s schedule we may go to Hedo, maybe Pearl.

As always, thanks for reading this. I know it was long. Feel free to ask questions.

Sam and Rose

(We ended up using our real names when we went to Pearl, so if you recognize us from the report but with other names, don’t be alarmed. We just felt comfortable enough not to use our pseudonyms of Sam and Rose)
SamAndRose
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Aug 2024

Re: Desire Pearl Trip Report May 11-20, 2013

Postby Do it Man » Thu May 23, 2013 1:54 am

Great read, Thank You.
We both have outfits/themes sorted for the nights so hopefully more males will be joining in while We are there.
Bit of a shock about the Playroom - we'd like to try it during our stay....

Now, reserving beds ........ When is this gonna stop ? I can say now that if all the good beds are reserved and we have nowhere to lay then I'm sorry but I WILL be moving stuff out of the way... If You come back to Your bed and find us on it please don't throw a wobbly, just look at it that we were keeping it warm for You :D

29 Days and we'll be naked in the sun .......

Do it Man. :UK :UK
Do it Man
Desire Fan

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 22 Jun 2013

Postby candtdesire07 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:26 am

Do it Man wrote:Great read, Thank You.
We both have outfits/themes sorted for the nights so hopefully more males will be joining in while We are there.
Bit of a shock about the Playroom - we'd like to try it during our stay....

Now, reserving beds ........ When is this gonna stop ? I can say now that if all the good beds are reserved and we have nowhere to lay then I'm sorry but I WILL be moving stuff out of the way... If You come back to Your bed and find us on it please don't throw a wobbly, just look at it that we were keeping it warm for You :D

29 Days and we'll be naked in the sun .......

Do it Man. :UK :UK

Completely agree. We took unused beds & chairs last year because we had enough of watching claimed chairs go unused all day. We refuse to wake up at 6am while on vacation just to throw a towel on a bed/chair... it's ridiculous. I guess in a pinch, the girls can share a bed/chair :D Hey, just doing our part to keep up international relations with our friends from across the pond! 31 days for us!

C&T :US
candtdesire07
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby bill_monica » Thu May 23, 2013 10:48 pm

Thanks for the excellent report and Happy Birthday to Rose!

We were at Pearl at the same time with you, have similar feedback and also experienced a long travel back home to Winterland :)

I’ll just add couple of things to Sam’s report.

For the beach lovers there are seven or eight beach beds reserved for Penthouse, so even if they were empty at 10 am you can use them only in the afternoon. If you want to get a tan on the beach you have to use the first row of palapas and be front stage for the beach walkers.

The disco has a great venue, but poor music except if you’re a Pitbull fan. Around midnight the DJ starts playing Latino to make sure everybody leaves early. Will be great if they can match the night theme with what’s playing at the disco. As for the play room the music is too loud to allow something to happen.

Lots of men wearing blue jeans with no effort to dress up for the themes. Common guys that’s all you can do for the ladies?
I know it is challenging to find a sultan costume for the Arabian night (two thumbs up for Sam) but at least I was trying to dress up classy and make a good pair with my Arabian princess.

The resort gets good marks as they put a lot of effort to make all guests happy. There is a still a lot of things management has to do, like do not schedule room renovations during siesta time of fix the air conditioning so it works every day.

Overall we had a gorgeous week and my birthday wish came true ;-)) [-X

Are we coming back? We would like to experience other adult resorts so maybe will go to Desire LC first. But if we can get a special deal next year will be back at Pearl.

B&M
bill_monica
Desire Lover

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 17 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SpicyMatch

Postby G&N » Mon May 27, 2013 3:51 pm

Sam, Enjoyed dinner with you and rose your last night but misplaced your email. I know there were roses involved and a CA.net but cant remember the middle? G&N
G&N
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 17 May 2013

Postby David Donna » Mon May 27, 2013 7:59 pm

Thank you for the Chippendale compliment Sam & Rose. Personally, I don't understand why most of the men at Pearl and RM dress in jeans and T's while their wives dress to impress.

I wear a suit every day to work so it isn't very hard to pack a few nice clothes in a suitcase before heading to Pearl.

Okay, our cloaks were special order and the masks for EWS night were souvenirs from a trip to Rome, and we don't expect others to bring that type of attire. But the ladies look hot, why can't the gentlemen?
David Donna
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby Condessa » Tue May 28, 2013 3:06 am

We were in Pearl the first week of May and gave exactly the same feedback on all aspects. The of difference was that we had to wait for dinner on Pearl for 1 hour and only after a little scandal they quickly prepared a table for our party of 6. This should never happen I believe. We were also more lucky with beach beds.
We used playroom only once and if was fun but the music was really loud. We also regretted that during our stay not many couples were dressed into themes. We met very nice people in Pearl but we were a bit disappointed by behaviour of certain judgemental persons who were laughing at some other guests in the disco :evil: One should understand that not everybody is a professional dancer with a perfect body. Some people also complain that there is old crowd in Pearl. It was true during our stay but I must say that those people of 55+ on general were much more fun and had more sense of humour than some members of the younger crowd ;) Despite all our complaints , we had great time as a couple and would probably go back.
Condessa
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 01 May 2013

Postby mspete » Thu May 30, 2013 4:13 pm

We were at Pearl 5/23 - 5/28. The winner of the Chippendale contest was easily over 60. He came prepared and did an outstanding job. Young and old thought he was great and had a lot of fun watching his performance.
mspete
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 23 May 2013

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl