June 2013 trip report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

June 2013 trip report

Postby bert » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:30 pm

First timers to Pearl, we stayed for 9 days in June. We are a heterosexual couple but we are very tolerant of other folks lifestyles and open sex does not offend us. We have been to other CO resorts throughout the Caribbean. Having read a lot of reviews, opinions and advice on this forum, we went with an open mind and no expectations. First let me advise the new reader that nothing you read on this forum can prepare you for the actual Desire Pearl experience. It is luxurious, friendly, laid back and extremely sensuous; in fact we had by far the most sensuous week we have ever experienced. My cheeks are still puckered! LOL The facilities are gorgeous, the food is great and plentiful, the staff is super nice, service is excellent, the activities are as much or as little as you want them to be. The entertainment staff is very hot! And super friendly!

A tropical storm had just passed so the resort was at about 50% occupancy when we arrived on a Tuesday, but a group came in on Friday and it filled to about 75%. But there was still lots of room, no wait at the restaurants, plenty of beach and pool loungers and lots of shade! There were a mix of ages and attitudes when we were there. Many of the guests are in to the lifestyle but the majority are straight couples, like us (probably 60%/40% swingers to straight. Average age was around 40, I would estimate. Since we were quite obviously a monogamous couple, we were not approached to “swing” after one initial incident (explained below), but in all cases where we saw or heard an invitation, “no means no”, and it was politely dropped (or accepted). That being said, there is open PDA / PDS almost everywhere – discreet at the pool and beach, not discreet at all at the Jacuzzi. One day, it was one couple’s last day and he was obviously spent. But not his GF’s. She went down on him alongside the pool for a good 20 minutes, no success. Then she led him from the pool to the Jacuzzi and tried for another half hour or so. Still no success. Poor guy loved every minute of it, though! Another woman, late one afternoon, walked around the pool stopping to rub herself in front of every guy at the pool. She was pretty drunk, but after many “no thank you’s” did get one similarly drunk volunteer who dove in right there. That type of thing was not uncommon, but not usually right in your face. So if you would be offended by fairly open and obvious sex, you would probably not like it. If on the other hand, you would find it interesting and erotic, as we did, you would love it! For example, daily pool games included things like distracted darts, where you try to hit the bulls-eye while your partner gives you a blow job. (Concentrate!), licking chocolate off your partner’s body, biggest penis / nicest boob contest, belly dancing lessons, etc. Fun to participate in or just watch! Yoga every morning and beach/pool games throughout the day. There is never any pressure to do anything. The pool is huge and comprised of two large pool areas connected by a lazy river type area. One side of the pool is the activity side; that’s also where the bars, restaurant, restrooms and Jacuzzi are located. The other end of the pool is the quiet side, where you can read, listen to your ipod, converse, etc., without the music and entertainment. There are have beds at the quiet end as well as loungers. They also have beds on the beach. Biggest decision of the day – where to have fun next? ☺ You can also use the facilities at Desire RM, 25 minutes / $15 by taxi. We did not go; we met quite a few RM guests who came to the Pearl and said they wished they had booked the Pearl. They said Desire RM is very small and dated compared to Pearl. Maybe next time we will check that out. It is also a very short walk to town – Puerto Morales – about 20 minutes away right down the beach, so very safe and very convenient for picking up supplies.

Guests typically went naked from sun-up to sun-down. 90% were totally nude, some ladies and a few men kept bottoms on. We would typically wake up, pull on a cover-up for breakfast, then hit the beach or pool and remain clothes-free all day. It’s OK to be nude in any public area (except restaurants, which require a cover-up at lunch – although that was ignored by some with no repercussions); so from your room to the pool, to the beach, to the bar, to the bathroom, to the Jacuzzi, spa, etc., you don’t have to hassle with clothes. What a great feeling of freedom. All of the guests were extremely nice and looked good. There is an abundance of eye candy for both males and females. Many of the females are free and easy with each other at the pool and Jacuzzi. Many of the men walk around in erect or semi-erect states, which all the ladies seem to enjoy watching. One old guy (60s?) wore a cock-ring with little bells dangling from it all day. We thought that was hilarious. But the guy obviously thought he was quite a stud! LOL. On our first day we stopped at the Jacuzzi around 5:00. There was a crowd of 20-somethings at the swim-up bar. I walked up through the Jacuzzi to order a drink and while standing at the bar felt a hand grab me below the water line. The twenty-something (obviously drunk) girl said Hi, we’re leaving tomorrow. Are you ready for this? I turned around and said Oh yeah, but I’m here with my wife and we're kind of attached to each other, but you look GREAT! The girl laughed and said OK and went on to somebody else. This was the only “offer” we had, so we were not bothered at all by the lifestyle types; everyone is pretty tolerant. The girls went on to put on a show in the Jacuzzi and then to the beds surrounding the hot tub. Quite a show, nothing left to the imagination. That turned in to a daily event, you name it, the guests did it. You will see it all. We also gave some “lessons” to these young people, so it was not just one-sided! We learned how to do very creative things with a mudslide! LOL. (Thank you Jorge!) The hot tub is a see and be seen place! But that all goes to your comfort level, and there is never any pressure to do anything you don’t want, and you can always turn away if PDA/PDS upsets you (although I can’t imagine why!)

The theme nights were a lot more tame than we had imagined. The ladies typically wear lingerie of some kind to the club and the men nice dress clothes, go to the disco and dance for an hour then either go to the hot tub or back to their rooms. The playroom off the disco was hardly ever used. (These people had been going all day! LOL). On Wednesday we went to “Eyes Wide Shut Night”. Ladies dressed in lingerie, men in capes and masks that the staff provided, and we all met in the lobby. The leaders (staff members) led us to a room with a bed in the middle, and had everybody form a circle around the bed. The “leaders have simulated sex on the bed. Looks real in the low light and profile, but they are fully clothed. Then they go around and invite 2-3 couples at a time to have sex on the bed (as couples). About half said no. The ones who said yes proceeded to do whatever they did for about ten minutes. It all looked very clumsy, sweaty, clammy, and even sometimes painful to us! All in all, we were not too keen on the nightly theme parties. Much more interesting things go on in broad daylight without the sweat and tacky-ness (IMHO) and the resort was peaceful and great for walking and lounging at night.

The Pearl is billed as a 4-star resort, but as I told the GM, it I really more like a 6-star, with all the amenities and services they provide. Now I will get in to the details of our vacation by day, which will be short because we did what we went to do – RELAX !

Day 1:
    Arrived at Cancun (CUN) about 1:30 PM (Central time), cleared customs quickly and found our taxi driver holding a sign with our name. 30 minute ride to Desire Pearl. (Most of the taxi drivers do not speak English. It would be good to brush up on the fundamentals before you go. I took 4 years Spanish in HS, hadn’t used it since, but amazingly I could speak enough to get by! All of the resort staff do speak English in varying degrees.) On arrival we were checked quickly (we used express check-in on their website) then taken to the Concierge, who explained the house rules, dinner times, etc., then tried to up-sell spa services. Since we already had an appointment with Claudia’s Massage later in the week, we declined. We had requested a room in the “Starfish” building, which is closest to the beach and by the quiet end of the pool. Our room was fresh, clean, and bright, with high quality linens, changed every day. The room had plenty of towels, fridge, sitting area, nice balcony overlooking the ocean and pool, turn down service, and plenty of room.. We had a standard ocean view room and it was more than adequate! After unpacking we wandered to the Jacuzzi. This is really the place to meet people, to talk, to see and be seen. Inhibitions are thrown to the winds. You can choose just to watch, or to fool around as little or as much as you want, but the Jacuzzi is one erotic spot! The Wet Spot bar at the Jacuzzi makes some very strong mudslides! Also not to be missed: Tequila Crème. Fantastic stuff. They use all premium brands of booze and wine. We ate dinner at the Aphrodite Restaurant – that’s the restaurant on the beach that’s also used for breakfast and lunch buffets. Dinner at Aphrodite is casual, and a la carte most nights. Dinner was very good, with lots of choices, but portions are small. We learned to order multiple entrees.
Day 2:
    Heavy rain in the morning from TS Andrea; we hung out in the lobby and played some games with the entertainment staff. The Lobby Bar makes the BEST coffee! I walked there first thing every morning – past all the iguanas sunning themselves on the wall – for a strong shot of Joe. Borrowed some umbrellas and walked a mile down the beach. Got back and the sun was shining, so headed to the pool and met some great people at the pool and later the Jacuzzi.
Day 3:
    We had done a lot of research about a couples sensuous massage. Found Claudia in Puerto Morales through referrals and were not disappointed! We had an appointment with her for a 2-hour couple’s massage at 1PM. (Pearl charges $275 for a 1-hour massage that is NOTHING close to a Claudia massage!) It was an absolutely indescribable experience. Returned to Pearl in a coma. A beautiful, sunny day. Found a bed at the hot tub. Dinner was Asian Night at Aphrodite. Great R&R band in the lobby at night!
Day 4:
    Spent the morning on the Beach. Jared and Victor are GREAT beach attendants. I beat the staff, so I was the corn-hole champion of the day! The resort is starting to fill up. Ate lunch on the beach, dropped honey off at the Jacuzzi bar while I went to the room. Came back and found the bartender had my honey sample many different drinks (she said 7 but I estimate more like 57!) She was feeling no pain! Stayed at Jacuzzi all afternoon, chilling with Jorge and the other guests, found a bed and became comatose again! Went to the “Pearl” restaurant for dinner. Formal dress required. Service is very, very slow and the food no better than Aphrodite. This is the only night we ate in this restaurant. Followed by conversation with new friends in the lobby. A wonderful day.
Day 5:
    Jared reserved pool loungers in the shade! Lots of new people arriving. Tacos for lunch. Walked the beach towards town. Lots of activities at the pool today: FOAM PARTY! They hook up a couple of scaffolds, hang a foam making machine from it, and foam inundates the hot tub, pool and deck completely! It is like groping in the dark – naked! You never know where you are or who it is you’re sliding by. Tons of fun! Followed by chocolate licking! Finished off the daylight at the Jacuzzi AGAIN. Just watching (and giving advice!) ☺ Caribbean buffet for dinner. Lots of walking the grounds and beach before bed.
Day 6:
    Beach volleyball, pool basketball with the staff. Lunch buffet was very good. They had couples trying to stand up in a floating ball at the pool. We did not try this! But it was fun to watch. Followed by distracted darts! Another fun afternoon at the Jacuzzi, lots of action on the white circles (elevated areas) of the Jacuzzi as it was busier today. (They have cubbies where you can keep your stuff while at the Jacuzzi. The cubbies are on a wall which blocks the view of the Jacuzzi from the beach and pool.)
Day 7:
    Very laid back day at beach; we played water volleyball at the pool. Had Room Service deliver a fantastic buffet on our balcony; no tan lines for 48 hours!
Day 8:
    Last day, stretched it out from 9AM – 7PM in the sun! Lots of fun, lots of drinks, lots of drunk people late today. Rocky’s French fries are not to be missed (Aphrodite Restaurant at 4PM)! Great clear water and snorkeling at the end of the pier. Partied all night. Decided to head home the next day.
Overall, we had an excellent wonderful vacation at the Pearl. Go with an open mind, some fundamental Spanish, and lots of singles for tips, and you will not be disappointed!!
bert
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Nov 2014

Re: June 2013 trip report

Postby textile free » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:12 am

Great report... thanks for sharing!!
textile free

Postby NCVETTE » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks for the great report, cant wait for August!
NCVETTE
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 07 Jul 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby poolcple » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:08 am

Thanks for a reassuring report. Some of the recent trip reports on TA had us second guessing our choice. Hope we have a good a time as you and thanks for taking the time to write a trip report.
poolcple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2013

Postby CokeMann » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:36 am

poolcple wrote:Some of the recent trip reports on TA had us second guessing our choice.

Many reports on TA are just a laugh - ie the following was a recent report on TA for Desire RM
Recent TA report on Desire RM wrote:Our very first time here. Nightclub had drunks passed out on the dance floor and witnessed a big fistfight too between two guests at the nightclub. No security staff on the premises and people got hurt. Drunk men gawking all over the place.

In the worse economy since the depression...they are raising prices and doing away with discounts. There are better places to go to and betting there's better value too. Regret getting a garden room as you have the feeling you are in an apartment complex.

In 25+ trips to Desire RM I can't ever recall seeing
"drunks passed out on the dance floor", "No security staff on the premises", "Drunk men gawking all over the place"

All the Desire Properties have never offered discounted pricing.

"Regret getting a garden room as you have the feeling you are in an apartment complex"

The village atmosphere of Desire RM is probably as far away from ''an apartment complex" as you can get

IMHO the person that posted the trip report above on TA, sounds like he was doing a report on the Temptation resort in Cancun rather than Desire RM and has never actually been to Desire RM - the bottom line is take most of the bad TA trip reports with a grain of salt and also read between the lines :D
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby poolcple » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Cokeman, thanks for the reply. I live by TA and plan all my trips according to the reviews. Obviously the Pearl gets great reviews and that's why we booked it, I always take a few bad ones as one persons opinion. It just spooked us because a few bad ones popped up in a row twelve days before our trip. Probably hit the panic button too soon, lol. Thanks again.
poolcple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Jul 2013

Postby bert » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:59 pm

poolcple wrote:Cokeman, thanks for the reply. I live by TA and plan all my trips according to the reviews. Obviously the Pearl gets great reviews and that's why we booked it, I always take a few bad ones as one persons opinion. It just spooked us because a few bad ones popped up in a row twelve days before our trip. Probably hit the panic button too soon, lol. Thanks again.

Some people are just more high maintenance than others! It all goes to expectations and perspective. I always factor that in before deciding on a destination; trip reports are not entirely objective (nor truthful). Take them with a grain of salt!
bert
Desire Convert

Postby SLINON » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks for the very thorough trip report! Wow! We really feel a lot better about our choice. There was just a few too many negative reports but we do know that every vacation is what you make it and no place will ever be perfect. We are really excited again..thanks!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Postby Becc352 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:19 pm

Ok, now nobody roll their eyes, but is it really almost 24/7 PDA's? Desire RM was mostly at night after the show, almost nothing during the day. Not a prude and loved the sensuality of RM. Is Pearl a bit wilder?
Becc352
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2013

Postby TandR » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:15 am

Becc352 wrote:Ok, now nobody roll their eyes, but is it really almost 24/7 PDA's? Desire RM was mostly at night after the show, almost nothing during the day. Not a prude and loved the sensuality of RM. Is Pearl a bit wilder?

It's not 24/7, but on a number of afternoons while we were there groups of three or more were making use of the raised areas of the hot tub to put on some very public displays including a group of lovely ladies on "center stage" one day. As always, the mood can vary from day to day.
TandR
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 31 May 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: TandRNT on SLS

Postby bert » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:52 pm

TandR wrote:
Becc352 wrote: As always, the mood can vary from day to day.

Very well put! So much is also dependent on the other guests, how much you interact with them, and where you are. I imagine that spending the day at the quiet end of the pool would be quite a difference from the active side and the Jacuzzi. It's all good! I would not let public displays bother you; you can always find places to be alone.
bert
Desire Convert

Postby Becc352 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:54 am

" Lots of activities at the pool today: FOAM PARTY! They hook up a couple of scaffolds, hang a foam making machine from it, and foam inundates the hot tub, pool and deck completely! It is like groping in the dark – naked! You never know where you are or who it is you’re sliding by. Tons of fun! Followed by chocolate licking! Finished off the daylight at the Jacuzzi AGAIN. Just watching (and giving advice!) ☺ Caribbean buffet for dinner. Lots of walking the grounds and beach before bed."

I was wondering if the foam covers the pool, hottub and deck, how do people keep from falling in if you can't see what's in front of you. Or is everyone in the water already. Does the foam hurt your eyes if it gets in them?
Becc352
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Aug 2013

Postby heavyG » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:21 am

Becc352 wrote:Ok, now nobody roll their eyes, but is it really almost 24/7 PDA's? Desire RM was mostly at night after the show, almost nothing during the day. Not a prude and loved the sensuality of RM. Is Pearl a bit wilder?

I guess it's your perspective? We met a lot of couples at Pearl who were experiencing both 'Clothing Optional' and 'Adult Lifestyle' (swingers) for the first time… So for them everything was wild and out of control - even what my husband and I would consider fairly vanilla games around the pool or hot tub were eye openers to them.

So I don't think Pearl is wilder at all, just wild for some.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Postby bert » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:50 am

Becc352 wrote:"I was wondering if the foam covers the pool, hottub and deck, how do people keep from falling in if you can't see what's in front of you. Or is everyone in the water already. Does the foam hurt your eyes if it gets in them?

The foam covers the active end of the pool and deck and the small hot tub adjacent to the pool. Some of the foam does drift over to the Jacuzzi - looks like it's snowing over there! Foam reached a height of about 6 feet when we were there, so it is impossible to see when you are in the foam. It does sting the eyes slightly but not anything worse than opening your eyes under water. There is a danger, as I found out, of falling into the pool or hot tub if you are on the deck and walk off over the side of the pool unknowingly. My suggestion would be to stay in the pool and participate or go to the quiet end or the beach if you don't want to participate. It is a very cool event - I wouldn't miss it, given the chance!
bert
Desire Convert

Postby SLINON » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:58 pm

The foam party sounds like a blast. Can't wait to see this!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl