Trip 7/3-7/10, 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip 7/3-7/10, 2013

Postby socalbeachlovers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Just got back from Pearl yesterday. Wanted to do this right away while things are fresh in my mind. We are Cabo refugees and were upgraded to a master suite for our trouble.

Check in- We arrived in Cancun around 10 in the morning. Got to the resort by 11 and in the pool by noon. The upgrade was a nice touch since we shelled out so much money to change our airfare.

Pool: It was a little chilly some days. After a few minutes it was ok. I think for the rates they want that pool should be heated. Could not imagine how cold it is during the winter months. The swim up bar was great and getting a drink was pretty easy. Most days they had a guy with a fancy drink station and you could get his drink of the day. The activities were always the same. Beach volleyball, pool volleyball, and water aerobics. One day they did have water polo, water basketball, lap dance class, and belly dancing class. I really missed the poolside games and trivia contests they had in Cabo. I was promised trivia the last day, but, it never happened. That is one area I would like to see improve. I do not play volleyball so I did not partake in the events.

Events: During the Fourth of July they played Patriotic music and had a foam party. We were not sure how that was going to work in a pool, but, it did. They did on Sat around 2. It was really fun and should not be missed. I was disappointed they did not do a dinner on the beach like they did in Cabo last year.

Theme nights: I love to participate in theme nights and I was prepared for all of them. They entertainment was great and should not be missed. I was bummed to not get to participate during angel night due to being stuck at dinner too long. They did change two of the nights last minute. Luckily I was prepared for that. Always look at the blowup doll by the pool to find out the theme of the night. Took me four days to figure that out.

Food: We liked the buffet and had no complaints. Dinners could be a little slow, but, the food was good. However our lobster dinner was a bit overcooked.

Jacuzzi: It was amazing. Best part of the trip. The temperature was pretty nice too. The bartender at night was great. I can't think of his name but he wears glasses. So accommodating.

Things to bring: After sun spray, bug spray, after bite, water shoes, and a good hat. We also packed a few bottles of wine and Fireball that we left with the jacuzzi bar.

For fun we brought beads and made necklaces with names for many people including the staff. We also brought temporary tattoos.

We really enjoyed most parts of our vacation and if we can find a good deal would love to return. Unfortunately the parts we did not like really put a damper on our trip. Please message me if you have any questions.
socalbeachlovers
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 04 Jan 2014

Re: Trip 7/3-7/10, 2013

Postby trubluz » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:23 pm

It was great to see you guys. Loved Loved the necklaces you made us. Hope to have a chance to see you both in the future.

Pam & Reinhard
Her curves can be adventurous!
Kasidie: madgerman
SLS: madgerman69
KIK: azmadgerman69
trubluz
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 29 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby CLG » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 pm

Nice to see you again and thanks for taking the time to make the name necklaces.

CLG
CLG

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 28 Oct 2017

Postby socalbeachlovers » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:17 pm

Great to see you too! Hope we can get together next year for another great Fourth of July! Keep in touch :-)
socalbeachlovers
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 04 Jan 2014

Postby heavyG » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:15 pm

socalbeachlovers wrote: I think for the rates they want that pool should be heated. Could not imagine how cold it is during the winter months.

CCCCCold! We were there last September and the pool was a great temperature, but unheated. We were back in March, and never once got in the pool - far too cold. We head back in just over a week's time and are hoping that, being summer and all, the pool will be warm again. If not we'll just hit the hot tub earlier in the day.

G.
Will you be there at the same time as us? Don't be afraid to say Hi!
On CD as: heavyG
heavyG
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Swing Site(s) we belong to: CD, as: heavyG

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl