8/25/-8/27, 2013 Pearl Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

8/25/-8/27, 2013 Pearl Trip Report

Postby Calicupcake » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 am

We just got back from our mini vacation and since we had never been to this type of resort before we decided to stay at pearl for 3 days and 2 nights before moving on to Secrets Silversands for the rest of the week. We reserved transportation through the pearl website. When you get off the plane leave the airport and ignore every single person that speaks to you. Go outside and cross the street onto the little island where there are trams waiting for you. Someone will be there with a sign that says Desire Pearl. They will know your name. If they can't tell you who they are picking up, they aren't your ride. Ok. Enough said about that.

We got to Pearl safe and sound and were immediately greeted by staff and "Sara" at the front desk. They offered us cool towels and welcome glasses of Champagne. We payed 450$ for a room upgrade for two nights for the Master Suite with Plunge Pool. OMG. OMG. OMG. was that worth it? Eff yes it was. We got room 77. The best room at the resort. Our balcony with the covered Jacuzzi stepped right off onto the beach. Its the only suite that does this. The suite next to you on the right is separated by a small wall and then its blocked from the beach by a lot of brush and bushes. However, it steps off into the quiet part of the pool. The suite on the left is actually on the second floor with steps down into their Jacuzzi. The room was breathtaking. 2 Bathrooms and a living room, family room, bar, 2 flat screens and a Jacuzzi tub.

We were assigned our own butler who gave us a tour of the resort. The first thing I noticed was that no one was very friendly, as far as the clientele. I smiled and greeted a few people as we were walking around and got nothing but dirty looks. This made me exceptionally nervous. I wanted to say, "Im just saying hi. I don't want to f**k yu!!" SHEESH I got this weird vibe that everyone was very clicky. We walked by the "Spicy section" of the pool and I was greeted by a couple I actually messaged from this forum. Of course they were super sweet and welcoming.The place seemed dead and very quiet. After our tour we went to the room and made a drink.

We changed into our bathing suits and cover ups and went to get something to eat. They informed us that Aphrodite was closed for a few weeks so Pearl was the only restaurant open. Pearl closes for a few hours after each meal service which means if you want to eat when its closed you have to order room service, at 10$ a pop. Since it was 5 pm, we were SOL. There is a small bbq station open by the pool for lunch also but our food choices were limited that's for sure. That being said, it pissed me off that they charge 10$ For room service. The food was really bad. We didn't eat much. Since our Jacuzzi has such a lovely view of the beach and we had 4 hours before the disco opened for theme night, we grabbed the silicone based lube and headed for our patio. Man did we put on a show for that life guard. His tower over looks our room as did his 2 friends he called to also watch. Let it be known that the life guard tower is manned 24 hours, so if you aren't interested in putting on a show, stick to the bathtub in your room ;) our room also looks out onto the pier/cabana. AMAZING.

At around 10 PM I got ready and we headed to the Disco for the Sexiest angel contest. I wore a white lace halter top with the strings that wrap all the way around your belly and tie in the back, and a matching lace side tie, boy short bottom with long ties on each side that go down to the floor...accompanied with clear stripper heels. Yes, I walked all the way to the disco like that. Some women wore just thongs and bras, some wore floor length gowns, some wore mini dresses, see thru dresses ect. I could've gone naked and I would've felt great. Men were dressed in club wear and bedroom wear. One guy was wearing horns and assless chaps. Anything goes!!! It was great.

There are women and men of every shape and size. Despite how I was made to feel upon arriving at Pearl, I entered the disco and ordered a drink with my husband. I started dancing and it was actually "Jessica", who works as an activities promoter through pearl, who made me feel comfortable. She talked to us and danced with us and then announced it was time to compete for the sexiest angel contest. She did a great job getting the ladies involved. Everyone was apprehensive. You just have to relax and recognize everyone is there for their spouse and is truly ready to have fun and encourage each other. I got up there and shook my ass and danced around but didn't win, this year ;) good rule of thumb...the more clothing that comes off and the sexier you act, the better your chances of winning. After the disco we headed to the Jacuzzi. It was raining so a lot of couples were cuddled up on the cabanas taking care of business under their towels. A few couples in the spa were talking and a bit "clicky". The only person willing to talk to us was a guy who's wife had eaten off the resort and gotten sick, so he was drinking alone. Pretty mellow first night. I can't lie, I kinda wanted to go home. The resort had a total of 8 couples staying there at this point. We got back to the room and decided to walk naked on the beach. We just took everything off in the room and walked to the beach completely free. I ran around naked in the waves and enjoyed my husband under the moonlight. HEAVEN

After the pool everyone goes to the hot tub at 5. It's social hour and time to figure out who you are meeting for dinner and drinks that night. We had dinner reservations at 7 so we had to cut the hot tub short and head back to the room. We agreed to meet some follks for drinks and then head over to RM around 9 PM to check out their theme night and disco. Usually people will get ready for dinner and wear sensual evening wear. Like dresses, shorts with a dressy top and heels, linen pants and a tommy bahama shirt for men ect. After dinner, it's no big deal to head back to your room to refresh and change into your theme wear for the club. If you want to wear your dinner wear to the disco thats totally fine but being that it doesn't open until 10 PM, you might as well head back to the room to get sexierfied.

We never made it to dinner or the disco that night. I got SICK. My husband ate everything that I ate so we think it was a combo of too much sun, dehydration and alcohol. Luckily for us we met a Doctor and Nurse who made it over to our room before heading to RM. They brought me some stomach meds and recomended i buy some antibiotics at the gift shop. My hubby bought me some CIPRO at the gift shop and we ordered room service. Which was pretty damn good. We relaxed in the room and our plunge pool making out and listening to the rain. So romantic.
The next day we checked out at 12 after saying goodbye to everyone at breakfast. We got a free couples massage with our room upgrade so we took advantage of that. We decided not to do the sensual massage because Im not interested in being "turned on" by some random person. I got a hot stone and my hubby got a deep tissue. We really enjoyed that. After the massage they take you both to a room with a huge hot tub, steam room, sauna and plunge pool. We had the whole place to ourselves.

The whole experience of Pearl was amazing. I got a bad first impression but after the second day I really felt like I was at home.

It was so liberating and brought me and my husband really close together. You can't help but feel amazingly sexy and sensual. The people were awesome and the staff was superb. We'll def be going back 1-2 times a year. We moved on to the second hotel and kept saying we wanted to go back to pearl. Nothing compares to it. I wish they'd up the food quality a bit but i'll trade that for everything else they have to offer.

PM want
Calicupcake

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Jul 2014

Re: 8/25/-8/27, 2013 Pearl Trip Report

Postby tan44 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:32 pm

Thank you for interesting trip report.
Glad that despite first bad impression and sickness you loved Desire.
Cheers.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl