First Time at Pearl 1/30 - 2/1, 2013

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Time at Pearl 1/30 - 2/1, 2013

Postby RichandJenn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Just recently returned from a quick stay at Desire Pearl and wanted to share my experience. First this was our first vacation to a clothing optional/lifestyle resort - and even though we had done some research , were still a little nervous on what to expect and the people we would meet.

First, let me comment on the facility and the staff, they are both outstanding. We do a lot of higher end travel and I can say that the staff was top notch in every single way, very professional and on par or better than Ritz Carlton / Peninsula etc. They were extremely always accommodating to every need or want . 10 all the way around.. We were upgraded to a Master Suite with direct access to the pool, which was fantastic-( as long as you don't mind the music starting up at 10:00 am ) the room was huge, nicely decorated in a tropical kind of way - nothing fancy but very comfortable. Cleanliness was fantastic.

The Breakfast and Lunch Served in the Aphrodite restaurant was great, they had a buffet or you could always order off a menu which is a nice choice. Service was excellent. Had dinner in Pearl one night, the service there felt a little rushed and not as polished , but the food overall was nice.

As far as our personal experiences. I would guess the resort was about 60-70% full, I know there is a lot of discussion on age / people types.. and all I will do is echo other statements and say that it is all over the board. I will say that we were on the younger end of the spectrum at 30f/36M with the average I'm guessing about 50-55.. Even though it was out first time at a CO resort, I again will say that it is the most NON akward thing in the world - nobody cares or matters on what you are wearing or not.. very relaxed and comfortable.

Everyone we met at the pool or hot tub was very friendly as well.. We are very outgoing people , however, maybe because of our age- seemed as if people were'nt as quick to interact with us quite as much - or people came in pre-defined groups.. anyway - everyone was super nice and friendly. We did manage to meet a great younger couple on Saturday that was visiting from RM for the day- even though the hot tub play caused us to miss dinner that night ;) One thing that couple from Desire Riviera Mentioned that is worth mentioning is that thought the crowd at Pearl was YOUNGER than RM - which was opposite as to everything that I had read previously.. they had also mentioned that PEARL was several levels nicer that RM - just sharing..

For all of you thinking of going who may be nervous or apprehensive.. the trip can be whatever you want it be - from mild to wild.. as long as you have an open mind you will love it…WE DID SO MUCH we are going back last weekend of March.. C U THere !
ChiCityCouple on Kasadie
RichandJenn
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 18 Jan 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasadie

Re: First Time at Pearl 1/30 - 2/1, 2013

Postby MnT » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Glad you had a good time. Thanks for the report.
MnT
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 05 Jan 2014

Postby RichandJenn » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Oh - One thing that I failed to mention that I didn't care for so much.. Upon check in , the concierge ( even though she was amazingly friendly and informative ) went into a fairly hard sell on trying to have breakfast with us on the last day to sell us on the membership possibilities.. I know she has a job to do - but feel this pitch is better served later than the first 10 minutes on property..
ChiCityCouple on Kasadie
RichandJenn
Desire Convert

Postby J&K » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:51 am

Was there a cost to being upgraded to master suite? Had you booked ocean view or junior suite? Or was it just a complimentary upgrade. I have dreams about the master suites with plunge pools and penthouse suites. Lol
Returning to RM 4/9/22 to 4/15/22. Can’t wait!
J&K
Desire Addict

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby RichandJenn » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:16 pm

I had booked just a regular Ocean View room and the upgrade was comped.. Didn't ask for it, just my lucky day i guess...
ChiCityCouple on Kasadie
RichandJenn
Desire Convert

Postby stuart67 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:05 pm

great report.. we will be there last weekend of march also, see you there..

stuart and melissa :UK :CAN :L
stuart67
Desire Convert

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 02 Apr 2015

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl