Newbie Trip Report: 2/7 - 2/11, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Trip Report: 2/7 - 2/11, 2014

Postby hoppercf » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:57 pm

Let me preface this by stating that we are both 38 and this was the first time that we have been to Desire Pearl, or any clothing optional resort for that matter. We are not in the lifestyle, and have no desire (excuse the pun) to play with others. However, we decided to give it a shot because of the sensual/erotic atmosphere. Since the other trip reports were instrumental in facilitating our decision to venture down there, I feel it is my due diligence to give one, as well. Without further ado...

Getting to Pearl from CUN - We used USA Transfers. They were fantastic. The ride was approx 30 min. The road (if you can call it that; more like anti-road) leading to resort was an adventure in itself. We arrived about 2:30

Check-In - Very polite and informative. They never once tried to sell us the repeater's package. Our room was ready immediately.

Room - They upgraded us to a junior suite, third floor, quiet side of the pool (more about that later). When traveling, we try to stay in establishments like the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc. In comparison, it was not on that same scale, but was fine, nonetheless. It was clean, comfortable, and had a great balcony overlooking the ocean. The only issue we really had, was the water pressure (or lack thereof); certainly not a deal breaker, since we didn't come down to the Kohler Waters Spa. It would easily be rated as a 3 star room.

Lobby / Grounds - Unbelievably beautiful and clean. Had a Polynesian flair to it.

Pool - Huge, Beautiful, Clean. Water temperature was cool - lukewarm, but it wasn't like polar bears were chomping-at-the-bit to get in. In fact, it felt pretty damn good after laying in the sun for a while. There are basically to sides to the pool (divided by a volleyball net) the activity side and the quiet side.

Pool Music - I'm mentioning this since it seems to be such a bone of contention with a lot of people. In the morning and late afternoon they play downtempo, ultra lounge style music; the same type of stuff that one would hear at Nomi or Drumbar in Chicago or channel 53 on Sirius/XM. It's perfect for relaxing and laying out. It's not too loud. In fact, I was disappointed that I couldn't hear it from my room. During the activities, they play anything from Jerry Lee Lewis to Lady Gaga to Coldplay. The same music was playing at the hot tub, btw. To summarize: We loved it, but we're also 38.

Activities - Starting about 10am, they would offer yoga, beach volleyball (which we loved), water aerobics, corn hole etc.

Hot Tub - Huge, with a bar at the end. Water temp was warm, which seems counterintuitive since it is a "hot" tub, but makes a lot of sense because people can stay in for long periods of time while imbibing, without dehydrating. There was plenty of sexual activity in the tub and on the palapa beds, but it was always discreet. Typically, late afternoon in the tub was like social hour and late night was a free-for-all.

Food / Restaurants - Pearl (the dressier dinner restaurant) was outstanding. The food was unbelievably good, with service to match. We're foodies and looked forward to eating there, every night. The fish was amazingly fresh and well prepared. The only area that could improve would be the desserts. However, we are not huge dessert eaters. Breakfast and lunch at Aphrodite was adequate with the best foods being Mexican and sushi.

Staff - Awesome. We loved the entertainment staff. Jessica, Dina, Larisa, Julianne, and Charlie were so polite and engaging (as well as hot). We already miss them.

Guests - Age ranges were 27-75; while we were there; with the average age pushing 50. We saw all shapes and sizes. We are on the fitter side of body types and would have loved this to be all beautiful couples, but were also not expecting it. We met some great couples. J & J and D & C were a blast. We have never laughed so hard in our entire lives.

Disco - It was fun. It has the look and feel of a Vegas nightclub, but much smaller. The theme nights were enjoyable. For the most part, the women seem to have a much greater participation rate than the gents. Again, the music wasn't horrible, although the DJ seemed to have a penchant for "Don't Stop Believin." We never utilized the playroom. We always headed to the hot tub after we left the disco.

Nudity- Everybody participated in some form of nudity. There is no pressure, whatsoever. My guess would be that 95-100% of women were topless, and 75% were full. 90% of the guys were full. We decided to just go for it and do 100%.

Sex - Certainly, not in your face. You will see it at the hot tub (mostly on the palapa beds), and that's pretty much it. It actually becomes somewhat ubiquitous (i.e. "Look at that huge iguana. Where? Behind the couple 69ing."). It is not Caligula, by any means.

Will we go back? Most definitely. It is an absolute blast. Probably in August.

C & K
hoppercf
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jun 2024

Re: Newbie Trip Report: 2/7 - 2/11, 2014

Postby Miacpl30 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:21 pm

Thanks for the report. We have been to Desire RM 3 times (again in april) and will hit pearl for the first time this labor day weekend. looking forward to it.
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 May 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Sdc kasidie

Postby Funtimes111 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:47 am

Great report. We are ages 37 and 30 and went last July. Our first time at a clothing optional resort. We were abut nervous but truly loved it. We are now planning to go again this summer.
Funtimes111
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Jul 2013

Postby tommer » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:44 pm

Yes, a great trip report .... one that we could have written after either of our last two visits to Pearl. We too will return this summer and will be there from June 10-17. We plan to have a fabulous time and we expect a large, too fun crowd! Come one, come all :D :D :D Pun intended!
tommer
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby PNWcouple » Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

hoppercf wrote:We are on the fitter side of body types and would have loved this to be all beautiful couples, but were also not expecting it.
C & K

Loved your report, thanks for the upbeat info. The only thing I would take exception to is your quote above. 'Beautiful couples' are not necessarily the young fit type, rather true beauty runs deeper. For appreciation of that you need to look beyond the surface of what you see. You may or may not agree, but in 20 years or so it will likely become more apparent.
PNWcouple
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2014

Postby lapiloto » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:53 pm

Well said PNWcouple :wink:
lapiloto

We arrive on: 02 Feb 2014

Postby Justskin » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:25 am

Great trip report, you guys jumped right in. So many are too nervous to make the most of it...good on yas!
SLS = Yummy1s
Justskin
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Sep 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Carl blank sam » Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:59 pm

Thank you for the trip report, my wife and I are thinking about going to pearl rather than ttr this year . It sounds just right for us and we are not swingers either but just enjoy sexy adult atmosphere,thanks again btw just new to the forum as well
Carl blank sam

Swing Site(s) we belong to: None

Postby tommer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:16 pm

Yes, Carl blank Sam ...... You will simply love Pearl .... there is nothing better, anywhere! We will return for our fourth trip next June 8-16. With the current offer, we will get 8 nights for the price of 6. We would love to have you join us for time in paradise! :D
tommer
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 04 May 2023

Postby RckyMtn » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks for the great report! Just wondering, you said you are not in the lifestyle and for those reading who are not in the lifestyle either, was there ever a moment that made you feel uncomfortable? What I am getting at is were you asked, how did you answer and how was it received. I am not trying to pry, just curious how you felt at a lifestyle friendly resort, and staying out of the play. I hope this doesn't come across offensive, absolutely not my intention. We are situational lifestylers, if that is a term. Very open to everyone, but if it is not comfortable we are happy expressing ourselves alone. Everyone I have met at Desire was wonderful, some we physically connected with others just social, but it really is a great place to meet and talk with interesting couples. I think others that are not full lifestyle would appreciate your take on the social atmosphere from a couple not in the lifestyle. Just my humble opinion.
RckyMtn
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Aug 2014

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl