First Time to Desire Pearl Feb 11-17, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Time to Desire Pearl Feb 11-17, 2014

Postby mr.chatter » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:55 pm

My husband had decided we should celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary at a small Clothing Optional Resort. I was very apprehensive about this concept but decided to embrace it. We were there from the 11th to 17th of February. The resort was very small 88 rooms maximum - you were a 2 minute walk anywhere you wanted to go.

Check In - quick and easy - we were provided with a glass of champagne and wet cool towel after our travel from the airport. Our luggage was taken to our room - Ocean View - Room 30 - the butler provided us a tour of our room not that it was necessary but appreciated.

Room - It was very spacious over looking the jacuzzi/hot tub, pool and an excellent view of the Carribean. There was only a couple of times that we heard the late night activities of the jacuzzi. Actually enjoyed sitting on the deck in the late afternoon and early morning..seeing the cruise ships coming and going to Cozumel and watching the sunrise.

Foods - OMG! With only two restaurants the food was absolutely fantastic and there was no standing in line. The breakfast and lunches were standard buffets with the ability to order off the grill. In addition at lunch you also have the ability to get items from the grill or outside prep area that provided sushi or crepes. Because we were celebrating our 25th we did schedule dinner on the pier. Since it was too windy we changed to the Wine Cellar. I would recommend very romantic. We had too exceptional waiters while there - Fernelli and "G". Our first night there we had Rocky but only had him one night of which was in the Pearl.

Activities around the Pool - My husband was able to watch for Victor (the pool guy) each day so he could go down and reserve our chairs which were right next to the Activities Main Area. There was a quiet area around the pool but always wanted to be near the activities. The staff was very friendly including Enrique, Jessica, Larissa, Julianne, Sofia, Dena, Lucas and Charlie. They were very professional, friendly and helpful. They kept you very entertained if you wanted to participate. We also left our excess suntan lotions, body lotion, shampoo, etc. for the girls. We have always left these items because we don't need the excess weight going home.

Overall - even though it was a clothing optional resort - you were still clothed in the restaurants. There was PDS around the jacuzzi providing entertainment for the hot tubbers! You did not have to go nude as there were several that remained clothed the entire time.

This was a 5 or 6 Star Resort and definitely looking at returning. Everyone needs this resort on their Bucket List!
mr.chatter
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 11 Feb 2014

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl