Newbie Trip Report - April 6-11, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Trip Report - April 6-11, 2014

Postby ajoey5150 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:24 pm

So I have been looking at the forum a lot,, I can be a bit OCD when it comes to information and planning so this forum not only served my needs before going for knowledge it also was the reason I went. So thanks for that. I will add that the comprehensive report by RSM was perfect and posted as we were on our way (read it). I will put together a trip report that answers to the majority of questions and perceptions I encountered on the forum and how it was answered on my trip from the perspective of a couple that have never been to a C/O Resort or much less a Lifestyle Resort. I will try and have this be a fairly concise Q/A piece for people who are thinking of going and the most impactful things to answer for me with a few surprises, in no particular order. Keeping in mind I was hoping, and I am sure I was there during a fairly calm week with a lot of laid back folks.

Transfers - I used USA Transfers based on the input of this forum. I didn't overthink it, just use them. I did a quick shop and they are the best priced and a recommendation is worth more than a chance at a problem.

Staff - Amazing folks, overall customer service is bar none just as good as any 5 star hotels I have been to, and I have been fortunate to travel a great deal. They really want you to have a great time.

Going Nude - as this comes up so often I will answer to it this way. Just Do it! My wife had the fear of body types and herself being embarrassed because she feels she is not perfect etc., she was, as I, very nervous, No one judges, no one cares, to be honest the majority of folks there were not Gym rats, but they owned who they are naked or dressed, had a great time. We were more uncomfortable walking to grab a bite to eat with our clothes on when we first got there, then when we just took them off 30min later on the beach. Its like ripping of a Band-Aid like many said after 10 min, you cant believe your doing it, and you are also in shock on how you get used it. I would say it felt awkward to be dressed during the day when we took a small trip into town. I will caution as I try and be objective, my wife and I have no problem with each other looking at others naked or clothed, if one of the people in a couple is insecure about the other looking, you may wish to flush this out before going.
Being nude on the beach is interesting when non-desire guests are passing through, but again these folks didn't seem to be phased, or at least they hid it well. My wife and I didn't bother caring. For the guys, unless you are on a pill or something you will not have to worry about (cough) showing your enthusiasm naked.

Going Nude and People - This is the interesting thing about meeting other folks there and being nude. My wife and I are not big time social; meeting people is not a huge thing for us. I never met so many great folks on a trip in my life. Take everyone's clothes off and now we have nothing to be except some nude folks chatting. Just try avoiding some body contact when you do not wish to, as you’re getting a drink in the Jacuzzi - these are funny laughable moments, and for those of you who went you know what I mean, those of you who did not, don't let it scare you, and it’s very avoidable.

PDS-PDA - Like the forum says you see this mostly at the Jacuzzi, and Jacuzzi beds, maybe some before dinner, mostly late at night, like a fun stop on the way back to the room. It really was no big deal. Came off subtle, not thrown in your face unless you wanted it to be. There were some couples getting in a quick this or that in and about but hey. My wife and I even ventured into the playroom after psyching ourselves up and low and behold we were the only ones in there, so when in Rome.....That swing rocks!

The Erotic Massage - it’s hot, it’s fun, yes they touch you, we were nervous, they make you feel comfortable and understand how you would be feeling at each point of it, including becoming scarce after things finish up. I would like to go back and ask what the gal did to my wife. If you are a little adventurous, go, I wouldn't want to spoil it. If you want a deep tissue massage don't get this one. If it went well you will still walk away relaxed and with a fairly suspicious (devilish) smile on your face.

Food - I have to agree with RSM on this one. After two dinners at the "Pearl" we went to Aphrodite. Less crowded, more relaxed, food seemed to actually be better. I was kind of disappointed with Pearl. Meats were dry, somewhat overcooked. Breakfast and Lunch buffet's made up for it though. They really were awesome, changed foods every day, the fish was fresh and service incredible. Don't like what's on the buffet, order something from the staff.

Drinks - I'm not much of a drinker (outside this trip), so I can only say this, there was plenty to drink, nothing was watered down, huge selection. Wine choices were eehhh, unless you purchased bottles. Hard liquor was plentiful, awesome Caribbean drinks, great for all inclusive.

The Club/Entertainment - Awesome! Nice little show in the lobby (band usually) to get the party started each night, followed by a dance show in the club.

Lifestyle / Not in Lifestyle / Pressure / - Ok so my wife and I would probably be "Lifestyle Curious" we encountered some great folks, they did some flirting with us, but nothing pressured, when we said politely "this is fun, but we are not really into the lifestyle" that was good enough, so it never went beyond the flirting with us and others and we were comfortable with that. Wife did her fair share of dancing with some gals in the club naked, but we never felt at the time for us, that we wanted to go beyond that or that we were missing anything. There were some extreme folks there having all sorts of fun, but I they didn't bother us. The funniest part is we were laying by the Jacuzzi in a bed late one night after just having our own fun, when a couple we spoke to a bunch came walking by and stopped sat down to chat. (We were just done) I laugh as I type this, "how's it going" etc. We end up chatting for a while longer than going off to bed, just my wife and I. My wife and I realized connecting to each other was something we did get out of the trip more than experimenting. To each their own at their own pace. Moral - don't worry about pressure. Just be polite if it’s not something you wish to explore at the time, or with a couple etc.

Attire at night- Such a huge topic. Guys - wear nice linen pants or dress slacks and a button up shirt. That's what the majority 98% or so wore. Wear closed toe sandals. Some guys had some open toe sandals, but for the most part it was just that. Do not wear dress shorts, regular shorts, etc. to dinner. I wore a button down shirt and linen with a tie string pants every night. Worked fine. Ladies - Pretty much anything sexy you want to wear. Most women wore a real sexy dress to dinner, or upper scale lingerie that covered the crucial spots. In the club most try and get into the night theme, we were all set, but missed 2 theme nights due to being very tired. I would say I didn't see many guys dressed for the theme night, much to the disappointment of the women, the guys mostly stayed in their dinner attire. (I think I was a little relieved as I am not sure how I feel about a red male stripper thong for me, or some mesh leather thing my wife bought me. I would thank my new friends for taking the lead on that, but if I drank enough who knows.) I would encourage everyone including me next time to jump into the theme nights with both feet. For the women, they truly embraced the theme nights and my my they looked good. My wife did get into it on the nights we were there and I am so grateful for it.
Attire for breakfast and lunch – Gals – have a cover-up, it can be see through, but most women wore some form of cover-up or bathing suit. Guys, have some swim trunks, shorts, and a Tee Shirt.

We did attend the presentation, the money worked out so it was like pre-buying your return trips with some perks built in, we liked it so much we will, like so many others, be back.

I hope this helps summarize some answers for folks, granted I am told each week can be different, I booked on purpose to avoid a crazy week.
ajoey5150

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 07 Jan 2014

Re: Newbie Trip Report - April 6-11, 2014

Postby phillycouple621 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:28 pm

Thank you for the trip report.
phillycouple621

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 01 Aug 2017

Postby Budlee » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:38 am

Great trip report. Thanks so much for taking the time to write it. We're newbies too, looking forward to our first stay at Desire.
Bud and Lee
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby rykerw1701 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:32 pm

Yes, thank you for posting. I'm booked, so I'm frantically searching for anything I can find because I like to know, and it helps build the excitement.
rykerw1701
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 0- 8-2016

Postby FromSeattle » Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:46 am

rykerw1701 wrote:Yes, thank you for posting. I'm booked, so I'm frantically searching for anything I can find because I like to know, and it helps build the excitement.

We can't wait to see what Pearl has in store for us. :US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Postby lakediver » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks for taking the time. We are headed there in May. Reports like this just
reaffirm our decision to go.
lakediver