Pre-Newbie Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pre-Newbie Report

Postby Mr Blue Eyes » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:09 pm

Hello.

As a long time follower of these forums, I would like to thank those of you who have taken the time to share your experience and wisdom. We consider ourselves “Pre-Newbies” as a couple who has spent a lot of time “thinking about it” but as of yet we have not ever been to any adults only, clothing optional resort, let alone a place like Desire. We came close to a trip to Desire Pearl about a year ago, but things fell through due to equal parts logistics and trepidation. Also, we aren’t swingers, having only learned a little over a year ago that modern use of the term “lifestyle” refers to something other than the rich and famous. Anyway, a year of contemplating combined with steady review of all of your trip reports, I’m happy to say that all changes tomorrow when we arrive at Desire Pearl for the first time.
That being said, since we don’t HAVE any experience yet, I thought it might be fun to share some of the thoughts swirling around this hurricane inside my head. I consider myself a fairly regular guy, so perhaps some of you have felt the same way. Maybe those thoughts are even holding some of you back. So, with much humility and perhaps a tinge of embarrassment, here are the top 8 “mysteries” of Desire Pearl to an inexperienced “Pre-Newbie” such as myself

1) Am I really going to be able to walk around naked in public? Are people going to be checking out/judging my junk? Anyone who considers themselves a Seinfeld fan surely must be wondering about “shrinkage” in an environment the likes of Desire. Sure it’s the tropics, but hey, certain parts of the body are used to always having a jacket on, so even 90 degrees may seem cool to certain areas in a breeze!

2) I think my girl is beautiful, and apparently so do others. Even in the middle of a cold Midwestern winter with full parka and muffler/stocking cap on, with the only skin to be seen a small patch around her nose, she still gets hit on shamelessly at the gas station, grocery store, gym, mall, post office, restaurants, charity events and yes even church. What will happen if we disrobe her and present her to the world in an environment like Desire? Your trip reports have been great in helping to alleviate my concern of a constant bombardment of relentless advances, but I’d be lying to say there wasn’t still a little bit of anxiety floating around regarding this concern. Plus, what if I discover what I already know to be true, that I am the “weak link” with regards to the “aesthetic beauty” of our couple

3) So if we do actually find the courage to get naked (which judging by others comments if we haven’t done so by three days into our trip we’ll be the ones that seem out of sorts), what’s up with this hot tub and will passion really trump performance anxiety (cuz hey, the audience maybe more than one at that point)?

4) Playroom? WTF ?!?!?!?!?!

5) Not that this one is a big deal, but after reading numerous reports, I still have no idea what we should expect regarding quality of the food, at least the evening meals… good… Bad… somewhere in between?

6) Cherries to Strawberries, Heavenly White, Lust in the Dark… Is this really Halloween for adults or is somebody just trying to punk me as “the new guy” making me feel about as out of place as someone showing up to Fenway in a Yankees uniform.

7) Fantasy menu? Really? No, really???

And finally… The Greatest Mystery:

8) We truly believe in showing appreciation for good service, which by all accounts stands to be exceptional (we appreciate the previously posted suggested tipping recommendations). However, what I have yet to figure out is HOW, with all this nudity going on, will we be able to carry money to tip ANYONE (at least with money they would want to take ;-)????

Hopefully some of these mysteries will soon be solved, and I will be happy to share what we learn from our experience with any of you whom maybe interested. We can’t wait!
Mr Blue Eyes
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at:  
We arrive on: 25 Mar 2023

Re: Pre-Newbie Report

Postby rsm » Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:14 pm

Very interesting approach on how to encounter Desire. Anxious to hear your followup.
rsm
Desire Devotee

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 24 Jun 2015

Postby tan44 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:11 am

Great questions.
Looking forward to your full "newbie" trip
report and the anserw to all your "mysteries",
especially #4 and #7 :)

Hope you will have fantastic time.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby Budlee » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:43 am

We loved your pre-report. I think we've all considered the same questions - I know we have, in preparation for our first trip to Pearl, later this spring. As naturalists, we already have the experience of being nude in front of others, and can assure you that what you've read is true. The awkwardness will be gone within minutes. We've also read that, while we may be approached for play, if we decline, there will be no hard feelings - it doesn't hurt to ask, though. As this will be a more sensually charged environment, I expect we'll see more signs of "enthusiasm" than we do at our naturalist club. We look forward to the opportunity to be more outwardly affectionate with each other - something that is strictly forbidden at our family-friendly club. Food? We all have different preferences, so we expect there will be some hits, some misses, but we're sure we won't starve. Theme nights are real, far as I can tell, but I've been talked down from that costume anxiety ledge. Less is more, is what I'm hearing. Tip money we'll likely keep in our beach bag, with the sunscreen, room key, etc. We can't wait to experience it all, and look forward to writing our own newbie review, upon our return.

Bud and Lee
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby BottomsUp » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:29 pm

Playroom WTF????

Yes it open Wednesday, Thursday and Friday...all the other days as well...lol.

Try not to stress, before you know it you will be back home and the trip will seem like it was months ago when only a week has passed.

The only problem you will find is once you go nude you will never be able to book a regular resort again......THIS IS A FACT!...It happened to us.

I would be curious to see what a poll would show. Im sure we aren't the only ones?

Mr.Bottoms
BottomsUp
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 28 Jan 2022

Postby danbo » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:17 pm

Mr. bottums is unfortunately very correct. We had our first visit earlier this month and were planning our next before we got to the airport. One of the great things about Pearl and other CO places is that there are no rich people when everyone's naked, so meeting and socializing is sooooo much easier. We join the chorus of other posters that believe that while the hotel staff (awesome), grounds and rooms and pool and hot tub help, It's the people you meet (both guests and staff) that make this place so special. It's____the___people!
Nuff said, go have a ball.
danbo
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby MandD » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:27 pm

Yes, ever man there will find her attractive and so will many women, but.....,,, none will "hit" on her or make you fell uncomfortable. Desire is a magical place.
C4P - MandD_Desire
KIK - MandD_Desire2
MandD
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Jun 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: C4P

Postby youme69 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:42 am

We also are looking forward to the "post-newbie report" you have put a ton of thought into your trip, 10 minutes after you arrive you will be Amazed.. Go and just enjoy!
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby Mr Blue Eyes » Fri May 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Hello Friends. Just wanted to let you know I posted a follow up to our Pre-Newbie report as a new thread. Happy Reading!

The We Are No Longer Pre-Newbies Follow Up Report
Mr Blue Eyes
Desire Fan

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 25 Mar 2023

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl