First-timers Trip Report June 10-16, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First-timers Trip Report June 10-16, 2014

Postby AliGee » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:04 pm

Our first visit to Desire Pearl was June 10-16, 2014. I will begin by saying we will be back. Everything we have read in prior trip reports about the service, the staff, the grounds, the pool, the beach, the bartenders, the drinks, the food, the entertainment staff, the Jacuzzi….everything is true, and then some! It’s one thing to read about it, it’s another thing entirely to experience it in person. To sum it all up: incredible!

We were looking for something special to do in celebration of our 24th wedding anniversary. We had been to Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica in 2000 to celebrate our 10th. We stayed on the au natural side of the resort, which was our first nude sunbathing experience. We took several vacations after Braco that involved nude sunbathing, but in recent years, our vacations have required clothing. My husband found Desire Pearl on Trip Advisor and then found this forum.

It didn’t take long for us to realize Desire Pearl was the place for us. We booked our trip through playcate.com; we owe many thanks to Hugh and Judy for answering all our questions and calming our apprehensions about going to a lifestyle friendly resort without being in the lifestyle ourselves. After not having been on a nude vacation in several years, our enthusiasm was high enough. But then when you factor in all the uniquenesses of Desire Pearl, the anticipation went through the roof. My husband spent hours shopping online for sexy outfits and lingerie for me, which only added to the excitement.

We booked USA Transfers to get from the airport to the resort. I highly recommend them. This was our first experience with the Cancun airport, and USA Transfers provided very detailed and specific instructions about what to do upon arrival, where to find them at the airport, and how to avoid those who will tell you anything to get you to ride with them. It was good being confident with what we were doing especially since we were tired from traveling.

When we arrived, our tremendous hosts Hugh and Judy were there to greet us. During check-in, we met with Salvador who provided an overview of the property. He then showed us the coupon book and set up time for us to meet a couple of days later to hear the sales pitch. He wasn’t what I would call pushy really, maybe that’s because we agreed to meet with him later on.

Our bags were waiting for us when we reached our room. We were in a 2nd floor ocean view room on the quiet end of the pool. The accommodations were more than adequate, and we would have no problem booking this room category again. We spent all but one morning on the balcony enjoying delicious room service breakfast and relaxing over coffee taking in that magnificent view.

Once we got settled, we went to the pool (naked of course!). One of the first things we noticed is the energy and enthusiasm level shown by the entertainment staff on a daily basis. It’s truly remarkable. They deserve special recognition for what they do to create a fun and positive vibe while also adding to the erotic atmosphere in a subtle and tasteful way. We especially enjoyed chatting with Ana. She is as sweet and welcoming as she is beautiful and talented.

All the staff is so friendly and respectful and really sets Pearl apart. Everyone – and I mean everyone – we met was always smiling, upbeat, and were genuinely happy to be of service. We have never experienced such great service anywhere. One afternoon, we got to see something very special. We were at the pool, and all the staff were invited to come out to show their appreciation to the guests. Each group was brought out one by one – housekeeping, security, wait staff, etc. By the time everyone was lined up, it was close to 100 employees. It made us realize how many people it takes to run a place like Pearl, and the fact they all provide such stellar service is quite a testament to the resort in general.

Tipping is not required; however, based on what we knew about the service before we went, we were prepared to tip as a way to recognize the hard work consistently displayed by the staff. And believe me, once we got there, we wanted to tip. At no time was there ever any expectation or pressure to tip, it was just something we genuinely wanted to do for the terrific service with a smile we always received.

We ate dinner most nights at Aphrodite, which was exceptional in every respect. We dined one night at Pearl, which was also very good, but Aphrodite gets our vote. A question I had before the trip was the availability of food when the restaurants were not serving. I was very happy to find that food is always available whether it’s pizza, make your own nachos, or room service. We never went hungry.

The bar service was outstanding, and the liquor selection is definitely top shelf. We can’t complain when Grey Goose, Crown Royal, and Johnnie Walker Black are all included.

The Jacuzzi was like nothing we have ever experienced. We went there around 5:00 pm on our first day, and the “naughtiness” we witnessed as first-timers was almost dizzying, but in a good way, ha! Cocktail hour was lively in one way or another pretty much every day. We both enjoyed watching the scene, and sometimes were part of the scene (who knew body shots could be so fun?!). But mostly we delighted in socializing and laughing with new friends.

We had planned to take a snorkel trip, even brought all our own gear, but we never made it. We joked about how we just couldn’t seem to tear ourselves away from the resort and the people. Many thanks to T from Mississippi and his lovely wife (whose name escapes us right now – our most humble apologies!) for providing great information about the amazing snorkeling at the reef. It’s just another reason to go back.

We got massages at the spa, which were excellent. We had “G-rated” deep tissue massages, side by side in the same room. The spa facilities are clean and very relaxing.

We went to the disco nightly (somehow we were able to shed any first-timer apprehensions and used the playroom our first night there). The 10:00 pm shows were always entertaining and the professional quality was impressive. In our opinion, the music at the disco was pretty good overall, but as the week progressed, it became apparent that the same songs were played in essentially the same order night after night, which eventually became stale. Surely the DJ could have been creative and come up with a more varied mix on a nightly basis. It was fun wearing sexy outfits and dressing up for theme nights in attire I would not have any place to wear at home. It was also fun seeing the ladies in a variety of sensual outfits throughout the week; you were all so beautiful.

Finally, the people we met undeniably made the trip unforgettable: S (my bosom buddy for the week) and her charming husband M from Vancouver; J (with her permanent smile) and her handsome husband T from eastern Iowa; K and S from Canada (thanks for leading me through the foam party); J and K from Arkansas (Security! Security); L and K from Georgia (thanks for all the laughs, great stories, and advice); and S and L from Texas (happy 40th birthday). And of course all the great friends with the playcate.com group; we can’t thank all of you enough for your warm welcome and friendliness, taking us under your wing, and looking out for us. It was great to share conversation and two fabulous dinners with you all. We hope our paths cross again!

Advice we can offer to first-timers that we gained from several people on these boards is not to overthink things too much or worry about what might or might not happen. Just have your husband buy you some sexy outfits, go with an open mind, a smile on your face, love in your heart, a deep and abiding respect for the staff, and let things unfold as they may.

We have been home not quite a week and are still a bit dazed and euphoric. Desire Pearl is indeed extraordinary. Thanks again to everyone who posts to this forum; we gained a lot of valuable information before our trip and will continue to visit the forums to keep us going until we can get back to Pearl. Please feel free to send a PM if you have any questions.
AliGee
Desire Convert

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Jun 2017
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Love Voodoo

Re: First-timers Trip Report June 10-16, 2014

Postby danbo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:38 am

Thanks for the report, it's exactly what we should have written in April (except we would use different initials!). Can't wait for Oct.
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Postby mrstommer » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:10 pm

Thank you, again, for being the brave first responder! We have not yet composed our trip report, though we have spent many a night sharing our thoughts and attempting to compose an adequate and eloquent trip report. You have summed the week up very well, as we shared all but one of the days. We shall post our trip report by the end if the weekend, surely, but let me end this reply by seconding your comments, and that our last day at Pearl was rather melancholy...all the new friends had left, and with that, the vibe we had found.

For example....Jessica, the effervescent bubbly blonde staff, was left calling into the microphone at ten a.m. For everyone to get up and get outside to enjoy the beautiful day at the beach! We were the only couple in the pool...

Cheers, my friend, to great memories at Pearl!
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Postby sandm5656 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:07 am

AliGee, thank you for the great trip report, we both loved meeting you two and
hope to meet up again in the future. mrstommer (loved meeting both of you :D ).
We hated having to leave as the vibe of the couples that were there this time
was so exciting and fun. This was our second trip and both had their special memories
but this year the people added so much more.
We're hoping to get a trip report together soon.

Love to all we met.

Shelley and Martin :CAN
sandm5656
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 03 May 2024

Postby Miacpl30 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:01 pm

Thanks for the report. less than 1 month for us now
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30