Honeycouple Trip Report/Overview - July 19-27, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Honeycouple Trip Report/Overview - July 19-27, 2014

Postby honeycouple » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:52 am

Ok, so here it is. Our trip report.
I will start by saying this was the best trip of my life. I proposed to Annalisa on the Pier, naked, looking out over the Caribbean. This will be a moment we remember for a life time. The proposal came as a complete surprise and shock so my plan worked well. And she did say yes. November wedding is in our future.

I chatted with may people from the forum prior to arriving however I didn't get to meet all of you. Sorry but without pictures its tough to know who people are. I think we met a total of 7 of the 18 couples we chatted with online. Many people recognized Annalisa from her photo and approached us to introduce themselves. Thank you to all that said hello. Everyone was friendly and easy to get along with.

Now for the report part of this short essay and no it won't be a daily detail of the events that happened during our stay. I'll hit the highlights.

We arrived to Pearl around 2:30pm. Short delay in customs due to high volume of travelers. We missed the foam party that day. Not a big deal. Saw it the following Saturday. Check in was quick and easy. We got the room we requested even when the resort was at or near capacity. Room 79 with the plunge pool was great. We used that a few times to be alone.
The Room: Nicely decorated, huge king bed, very clean and quit comfortable. The bathroom was very large and had a tub, separate shower and all the other necessary plumbing fixtures. We had a butler during our stay that we used a few times to schedule a massage, order breakfast, etc...Both men were great and very professional. Over the weekends they were at or near capacity. 4th night free promo brought in many people from the southern USA.

The Pool: HUGE HUGE HUGE...compared to RM and Cabo when it was open. 4ft deep all the way around. Great place to mingle, play volleyball, nice swim up bar, good place to socialize. The quiet side was very quiet. Lots of loungers and beds for use with no trouble getting one even late in the day. The party side was tougher to get loungers after 11am. The pool concierge was great. Very attentive, quick to locate you a place to spend the day.

The Jacuzzi: Again HUGE when compared to RM and Cabo. Lots of space to hang out and mingle or you could find a quiet spot to just be alone. The beds around the area were in use a lot. However the common complaint was people placing personal items on the beds and not returning to use them. This is rude people. Don't tie up a bed if you don't plan to use it. Others would have loved to make good use of the bed. We got lucky a few times and were able to get one and have some playtime out there fulfilling one of Annalisa's agenda items. She wanted to experience public sex and she got her wish. We saw a lot of activity before 8pm but little after that. We were in bed by midnight so I am guessing we missed the late night action. We are light weights when it comes to partying late into the night.

The BEACH: We spent a great deal of time on a beach bed soaking up the heat, taking a dip in the ocean and just relaxing enjoying being a couple and spending quiet quality time together. It was great to have time alone with one another. We met a few couples out here and made plans for dinner a few nights and also planned a one day excursion with 3 other couples. We preferred the beach to the pool for sure. The beach is very rocky in the water. Wear water shoes. I have a few scraps and cuts to show for it.
Breakfast: Buffet style but they also had a grille to make egg dishes like omelets, scrambled eggs, fried eggs..etc... Decent selection and variety. Good mix of fruit, hot dishes, yogurts, breads and pastries.

Lunch: Our Favorite was the Fresh ground rib eye for the burgers was a nice touch. No hard pucks of meat like we have had in years past at RM and Cabo. Nice small selection of items from a menu as well as the buffet. Fresh fruits, meat/cheese, cold soups, ceviche on occasion, breads, salad bar, COCONUT Ice Cream a few times a week was great, dessert in general was available and decent. It wasn't fancy but it was good food.

Dinner: Our preference was Aphrodite over Pearl. We felt the food selection, preparation and presentation was overall better at Aphrodite. 3 to 5 course meals all with smaller size portions but I NEVER left feeling hungry. Most nights for the main course I would get a steak course then also ask for a fish fillet/Shrimp or other seafood to get my surf n turf meal. They always accommodated the request. WE dined with a few couples during our stay and had wonderful conversations and met some great people.

Drinks: We brought our own bubba mugs to use so Ice would not melt so quickly. I was buzzed more than once. I would ask for straight coconut rum and they filled the cup no issues. I found the booze to have plenty of alcohol but heard many complaints that they didn't feel anything. We had a bottle of rum in the room to make drinks while using the plunge pool. 40% alcohol to it was 80 proof. The shots we took from that worked wonders. Quick buzz if we wanted it.

Staff: Friendly, helpful and very responsive. Everyone we encountered was great. No bad apples to spoil the bunch. The entertainment staff was great getting people involved. Ana (from Columbia) was always coming over for her daily kiss and hug. She was so sweet. Oh and she IS the energizer bunny...wow can she go and go and go...watching her dance and shake her ass was almost too much to watch. ALMOST! Anything we needed all the staff was eager to help and accommodate or requests.
The grounds: Clean, well maintained, the staff was always working on improving the grounds all over the resort. Trimmed tress, well maintained shrubs...Lots of hiding places for all the jungle creatures. We saw plenty of Iguanas, Gecko's and birds.

Dive Shop: BRENDA! She is the best guide I have ever used. WE booked a private tour with 3 other couples and Brenda was our guide. We also had Jose who drove us in comfort throughout the day. She was personable, knowledgeable, friendly and outgoing. She made the trip fun for all. First stop was Tulum. We had a private guide in the grounds in addition to Brenda. It was hot but we took the umbrellas from the resort (look behind the ironing board in your closet). Spent about an hour here. A good first visit for anyone who has not been to any of the other sites. From here we went to Akumal to swim with sea Turtles. We didn't see a lot but we saw at least 5 huge turtles and swam around with them for about an hour. We also saw a sting ray and many tropical fish. If were in this area again we will be back on the beach to do this again. Brenda took us to a local food joint on the beach over looking a small bay. The food was amazing. Authentic food, great drinks, entertainment and good company rounded out the day.

The Disco: We did go to the disco most nights and tried our best to participate with the theme but we were not always successful at it. The club area is clean, comfortable, decent drinks, there was room to mingle with about 50 people but no more than that. All in all it was a nice place to visit for the night show then we left. Not many Men would participate which was disappointing.

And now the best for last.... THE PEOPLE
We met some great people and we had a wonderful time socializing when we wanted, and we were left alone when we needed it. Newbie's and veterans alike were in various states of dress and undress and no one cared. Some ladies wore swim suits, some wore bottoms and some went nude. Again, no one cared. Men were about 60% nude 40% with shorts. Still no one cared.
Some newbie's embraced the whole concept and went all in fully nude for the first time ever and loved it. While other newbie's took it slow by first going topless and figuring it out from there.
Age range was between mid 20's to one older couple in their late 60's still loving life partying like rock stars and loving every minute of it. I hope when I get to be there age I still vacation at Desire.

We made some new friends that we hope to meet up with again down there or in our home town or there's to share more good times with.
At no time did anyone pressure us into anything we didn't want to do. We were asked if we were swingers. We replied no and still had a great time with the couple all week. There were from our opinion very few swingers the days we were there. Mainly nudists that liked to be frisky with there partner at night around the hot tub. Many voyeurs and exhibitionists. I think we converted one couple to be a voyeurs and willing exhibitionists. They seemed to really get into it and enjoy it.

If you have doubts about the Jacuzzi find a couple you feel safe with and just go check it out. ITs not a scary place you need to avoid. You will see PDA but it wasn't in your face PDA. Pretty tame in my opinion. We guided one couple over there and we had a great time with 2 other couples.

Body shots were few and far between. We had a pretty tame crowd all week. Nothing too shocking EXCEPT one dom/sub couple put on a nice show for all to see on a bed. Whips, ropes..the works. Pretty hot to witness. They knew what they were doing and it showed. They both ended the session with huge smiles.

Needless to say we will be back for sure. Timing with kids and school makes it tricky but manageable Late June - August most years.

Mike and Annalisa
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Re: Honeycouple Trip Report/Overview - July 19-27, 2014

Postby trubluz » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:26 pm

Congratulations!!! Great report glad you both had such a great time. We too enjoyed room 79 during our visit 1st week of July and are hoping to return to the same room next year at same time as we already booked for next summer. Again Congrats to you both and thanks for taking the time to write up the report on your recent visit!!!

Pam & Reinhard
Her curves can be adventurous!
Kasidie: madgerman
SLS: madgerman69
KIK: azmadgerman69
trubluz
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 29 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Sun&Fun » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:18 pm

Congratulations too... My wife and I were also there at the same time. Looked for you to say hello but no luck. We also had a great time. A very good place to reconnect. Best vacation ever. We even checked out the foam party at RM. Jon and Jasmine
Sun&Fun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2022

Postby harry bawls » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:33 pm

Nice report. enjoyed meeting both of yall. Congrats on the engagement :D
harry bawls
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 10 Jul 2014

Postby honeycouple » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:09 am

harry bawls wrote:Nice report. enjoyed meeting both of yall. Congrats on the engagement :D

I was glad we bumped into you two in the jacuzzi. We had a good time with you two.
Who knows, we may run into you again down there.
Lets keep in touch. Ill PM you my email addy

Mike and Annalisa
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl