We Will Return! Trip Report - June 29-July 5, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

We Will Return! Trip Report - June 29-July 5, 2014

Postby joymac » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:07 pm

I am feeling a little late to the party posting this now and there are so many well written, well thought out reviews here that capture many of our thoughts. But, here goes from our perspective...

We have been to Desire RM 4 times, Desire Cabo once, Hidden Beach once and one unfortunately experiment going to Hedo. We are not in the lifestyle but thoroughly enjoy the sexual vibe and the tremendous sense of freedom at Desire. Quite honestly too, once you have been to a clothing optional resort there is no turning back! The thought of packing beach/pool wear and having to dress just to relax stresses me to no end. This past year we have been through an inordinate amount of stress with a very sick child, plus numerous other issues that left us exhausted. We simply wanted a very relaxing, decompressing vacation and we did find it at Pearl.

There are so many glowing things to say that I am hesitant to mention the only glitch we had in our trip. Prior to going, I read many reviews on this board and on Trip Advisor. There was a significant amount of people who pointed out that some rooms were definitely quieter than others. Since we were going to relax and since I am the lightest sleeper alive I sent a request ahead of time for one of the quieter Master Suites. I received an email in return saying this would not be a problem. Imagine my surprise when we were taken to our room and it overlooked the hottub. Then, on further inspection of the room I noticed there were two glass sliding doors - an attempt I would imagine to buffer some of the sound. Now, many reviewers have mentioned they had rooms in similar areas with no problems, but as we were, I just did not want to risk being kept awake until the wee hours. Perhaps on another trip it would have been the perfect room and we could have had easy access all night long to the hottub, but this was not the trip. I went to the front desk and explained the situation. They seemed a little reluctant to move us but fortunately I had my ipad with the email I had received promising us a quiet room. Within the hour we were moved to Master Suite #68 which was beyond perfect!!!! The suite was clean, comfortable and might I add what a luxury it was to have two bathrooms for two people! We "settled" in the poolchairs right outside our room and huge kudos to Jared who had towels and the umbrella for us daily. It could not have been a more perfect setup - our chairs in the quiet end of the pool, right outside our room.

The pool at Pearl is amazing. We stayed at the quiet end as that is what we preferred but occasionally we took a stroll in the water down to the more active end. As we said "we lived in the country and it was our trip to the city!" Even though we were a bit removed from the action, poolside service was still outstanding and we were never left waiting long for a refill of our drinks. As an aside, I do not drink and the bartenders did a great job of concocting some virgin drinks for me!

The food was very good but the service in both restaurants was superb. They were beyond accommodating. Breakfasts and lunches were good all days. We enjoyed eating at Pearl in the evenings. The staff put so much effort in from the presentation of the food right through to the service.

Certainly on past Desire vacations we have been more active in the evenings - disco, playroom, hottub but as I said, this trip was totally about catching up on much needed rest. And that perhaps is the beauty of Desire - it truly can be anything you want it to be from all out party-down in the hottub, to sexy clothes and pole dancing to just sitting and watching the stars and turning in early. Perhaps our most memorable night was the one where after dinner we just lied on one of the beach beds and listened to our favourite jazz station on the iphone . We do hope to return before the end of the year and perhaps will be rested enough to engage in a little more activity but regardless, it truly is a remarkable resort.

Enjoy the rest of your summer! :CAN
joymac
Desire Convert

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl