Newbie Pre-Trip Report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Newbie Pre-Trip Report

Postby FromSeattle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:20 am

So I’m writing this pre-trip report while I’m underway on Nuclear power on a U.S. Submarine.

The Mrs. and I are beyond excited for this upcoming vacation. We have been together for over 20 years (high school sweethearts) and married for almost 15. This trip is an anniversary gift to each other. We actually fly home 2 days before our actual anniversary, but the kids need to go to school and we need to be home for it. We have never taken a vacation together (weekend trips to Vegas when we lived in So Cal do not count). I am senior enlisted in the military and have never really had a chance to take the time or had the means to take this kind of trip. When we first started discussing a vacation in early March it felt like we wouldn’t find a resort that met everything we were looking for. Our criteria had to be strict since we wanted to knock our first vacation out of the park.
1. We have 5 children of our own, ages from 16 to 2 ½ year old twins, and a 4 month old foster daughter, so obviously adults only was the #1 priority.
2. All inclusive was a MUST! If I can drop one lump sum before I leave and not worry about a single thing as far as money is concerned then we will be able to enjoy our vacation all that much more.
3. Paradise! Beaches, white sandy beaches. Caribbean, Mexico, Bahamas, anywhere outside of the U.S. where we can enjoy the sun, the beaches, drinks and an awesome pool.
4. Peace and quiet, and relaxation, mixed with fun activities. We want to lay by the pool and read our books. Cool off by lying in an awesome pool, or sit on the beach and watch the waves. We are from So Cal but live in the Seattle area, we need sun desperately. I didn’t want to go on a cruise because let’s be honest, I’m out to sea enough as it is.

So there’s our starting point. Now the search is on. My mother has timeshares so she gives us her login and password for the company that runs hers and we look through there. The MRS. is on Trip Advisor for hours a day looking through there. We come across Oyster and that was a huge help. Through the time share site we find Desire RM. “Interesting”, “There’s a thought”. So to Trip advisor and Oyster we go for research. The MRS. comes across Pearl. Beautiful pictures on the site, HUGE pool and amazing spa, everything looks perfect. Then the question, “Do we really want to go to a clothing optional resort?” Me being the analytical mind I am, I start making a Pro’s and Con’s list. Self-consciousness tops the list of Con’s. The resort pictures and the trip reports weighed heavily in the Pro’s. All inclusive including drinks, white sandy beaches, “quiet” side of the pool, beautiful rooms and amazing looking resort. WE’RE SOLD! Now to book it. Through the site it is way more than we are willing to spend, even with the buy 3 get 1 free. So off to the internet I go. Thanks to this forum I find Cheap Tickets and a code for 50% off (cheapskate). $2400 for the “ocean view” rooms. Priceline was the cheapest for airfare. $1200 round trip with 4-5 hour layovers in Dallas Fort-Worth. That works out perfectly for me, my “brother” just moved 30 minutes away from that airport. So we get to visit him and his young bride and their new child that we have yet to meet when we get there. I think $70 for USA Transfers for the round trip (Thanks to this forum for that advice too). What else is there? When we get there we will sit through the sales pitch to get the coupon book, why not? It’s only an hour or 2 for huge deals and rebates; we won’t buy, but we LOVE deals. We do the same in Vegas when we go, it’s always worth it. So all we really have left to spend money on is clothes and gear for the trip and massages and scuba trip for each of our birthday gifts to each other. I will come prepared (I don’t have to, but it is in my nature to,) with $200 in $2 bills for tipping. I always carry $2 bills; you are memorable when you tip with a $2 bill. Now we have 5 months to read the forum and Trip Advisor trip reports and think and anticipate and second guess and wonder and flat out worry ourselves about the upcoming vacation.

(I will use this pre-report to write my post-report when we come back. I will try to take notes while we are there for the post-report) so the questions I (we) have:

1. Can we go naked? ME: HELL YEA! I have no problem being naked; I have no problem in my own skin. Don’t get me wrong, I’m no Adonis. I’m not as physically fit as I want to be, but who is? From the time we paid for this vacation I hit the gym and I hit it hard, down 20 lbs as of this morning (03 July) and still just under 2 months to go. THE MRS.: “Maybe topless, no chance of losing the bottoms.” We’ll see about that. She is gorgeous and honestly doesn’t think it. I don’t care, I love her, I love her body, and I want her to have the best vacation she can have. Topless, full nude or in a bikini and a wrap, it doesn’t matter to me as long as she is happy. But 8 days and 7 nights in that environment and I am confident she will go the Full Monty.

2. Public sex? Can we do it? ME: HELL YEA!!! Are you kidding me? HELL YEA! Sounds amazing. A dream come true. I have been waiting for an opportunity for public sex with my bride since May of 1994. THE MRS.: “We’ll see. The beach under the stars, definitely. Under the sun? We’ll see.” ME: In the pool, in the Hot tub, on a bed by the pool/hot tub, in the shower by the hot tub, on the beach or on our balcony, it doesn’t matter. I just want to show my public display of sex.

3. Nightly shows and the “play” room. ME: I want to see the shows, I want to dress up for the themes, and I want to enjoy all that Pearl has to offer. So we’ll see. THE MRS.: I don’t think so, I am going to relax and have a romantic vacation with you.” (While underway she sends me an email about the clothes she has bought and that she will have a fashion show for me when I get home. I think we will be dressing up for some, if not all of the theme nights). The play room? ME: Probably not. As much as I want to show our PDS, I doubt we would ever get to the point of swapping. I know the room isn’t just for swapping, but it doesn’t appeal to me to go the room. I’ve never used a swing and that definitely appeals to my inquisitive nature, but I still doubt we go there.

4. Foam party and outside activities. ME: foam party: I’m not sure. I’ve seen pictures, I saw a video someone posted on You Tube, it looks like fun, but it looks like fun if you are soft swapping and we just aren’t sure about that yet. We’ll probably do it, but who knows if we will have as much fun doing it as we would if we were swapping/soft swapping. Outside activities: ME: Volley ball? Sounds like a blast THE MRS.: not going to happen. Distracted darts? ME: HELL YEA! Any chance to get head. THE MRS.: “I’ll do that. That looks fun” SWEET! Water aerobics? US: probably not, not really our thing. Pool side / Hot tub swim up bars (body shots): ME: I love my alcohol, anyway I can get it. It sounds fun, new and exciting. I’m all about it. THE MRS.: “I’m not sure, it sounds more trouble than it’s worth.” We’ll see. If she lets me I will have no problem taking body shots off of other women. Obviously she will be calling all the shots and whatever happens or doesn’t happen will be her call and I will more than respect her views and wishes. It’s her world; I’m just paying rent here. I just want to make sure that when we are flying home that we have no regrets. No regrets for what we did and no regrets for what we didn’t do. I don’t want to have that conversation that starts with “I wish I hadn’t done that...” “I wish I would have done that…”

By the way, this forum has changed my vocabulary so much, there are a ton of words I never thought I would know or relate to.

5. Massages – Couples / Sensual which one? This one I need help with. The sensual massage is it an actual massage or is it just an excuse to get a couple of cute hard bodies to rub on your good parts? I want my wife to get the best massage she has ever had, hell I’ll get her one of each if need be, she deserves it. A mother of 6, I’ll give her a massage a day if she wants it, again she deserves it. But I want to know exactly what is involved with both. I read on this forum that for massages you fill out a form stating what parts of your body you don’t want them to touch, is that just sensual or is that for couples too? Would they give a happy ending for a couples massage to one or both of us? Like I said, I am very analytical and want to research every aspect of this trip to maximize our time.

This is a long report, and I really appreciate anyone that has read this much so far and especially appreciate any and all comments to help us out before we leave. The MRS. and I have really appreciated this forum and the people in it for all of the Intel they have given us before our trip. YOU GUYS ROCK!

6. The food. This is actually the big one for us. We are picky, the MRS. way more than me, but picky none-the-less. We don’t eat sea food. None. Mine is from an earlier childhood bad experience, hers is from just not liking it. I’m sure the food is good, but we hear about small servings and food theme nights. We love our food and we just want to enjoy that part of our trip. Maybe we’re too worried about it, I don’t know. Can you order multiple entrées per visit to the restaurants? Does room service cost? I really hope they carry Jameson’s Whiskey as well.

I’m cutting off the last 3 I had (Going into town, Ages of the visitors, and how not to waste time while we’re there) since this is now a 3 page Word document already. I really hope people read this and give us the feedback we’re hoping for.

I’ve read on this forum about the “Lover’s Upgrade” How much is that and what is involved? I am really interested in that. What I think it is, is a bigger suite with a Jacuzzi or spa tub and 1st floor patio that walks out onto the beach. Is that correct? Is there anything else to it?

Thank you all very much!

:US
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 26 Aug 2014

Re: Newbie Pre-Trip Report

Postby yoyo » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:02 am

You are going to have the time of your life !!! And recadito your report ver y well deserved ....
:D
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby Jenyphur » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:08 am

Loved reading your report...and I agree with you ...after 6 kids, both of you DEFINITELY deserve this vacation! I hope it's everything you have imagined it will be. I love your "I'll give it a try" attitude. Go easy with the Mrs and once she is there and in the zone, you never know what she might be up for. She is probably very much still in Mommy mode and probably will be for the first day or so. Best advice I can give you (strictly from a woman's point of view) is don't pressure her and just enjoy each other's company. No matter what expectations either of you have...remember you are on vacation and have each other alone for a number of days. Soak up every minute you can with each other, this is your time to reconnect and relax.

It's our first time also and we are not in 'the lifestyle' but are excited to be in a sexually charged atmosphere. Say Hi if you see us.

Safe travels...

Jen
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-AZHotcouple777

Postby FromSeattle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:38 am

Jen,

We are the Angels fans in the Yahoo group you are a part of. I hope to meet you guys when we get there, our trips only overlap by 2 days.
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Postby Jenyphur » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:40 am

Perfect...we will have it all figured out by the time you guys get there. LOL...NOT. Are you guys doing any of the theme nights? I am shopping online right now and finding it hard to figure out what to buy for my guy for some of the nights. We won't participate in all of them...butI want to at least try to have a little fun with the themes. :)
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-AZHotcouple777

Postby FromSeattle » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Jenyphur wrote:Perfect...we will have it all figured out by the time you guys get there. LOL...NOT. Are you guys doing any of the theme nights? I am shopping online right now and finding it hard to figure out what to buy for my guy for some of the nights. We won't participate in all of them...butI want to at least try to have a little fun with the themes. :)

We're trying to figure that out now. We have a couple of the nights figured out. We'll see what we can come up with in the next couple of weeks.
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Postby mrstommer » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:19 am

You two sound much like we did before and after we visited Pearl the first time. This year was our third, and we already booked our fourth. With both of your outlooks, you will enjoy yourselves thoroughly. Do not worry about what you will regret not doing. This is your first adventure, and you may take the 'sit back and watch this time' experience. That will give you something to look forward to next time,or the next day, if you like what you see, and will ensure you don't do something you DO regret. Communicate throughout the day about both of your feelings, thoughts, hopes, apprehensions. Leave conversations of kids and work at home, if possible. Toast to the time you will cherish in paradise with each other!

Definitely read the trip reports, and peruse the entire forum for the taste of the people, the scene, the staff, and the resort. This is a fabulously remarkable place, a true Pearl, if you will, among vacation stays.

The people you will meet will be amazing and easy to talk to, polite, friendly, humorous, and understand boundaries. There have only been one or two times I have had to be very clear about those to someone, and a time when one of our new friends needed a staff intervention. The staff there is attentive to everyone's needs and safety at all times. I need to include that little piece of reality to this reply. This is a resort that stands heads above the rest in all regards!

Like many, I have posted a trip report you can find in this forum for June 10-17. I will mention a few items here, though: The food...there is a plethora of selection for all dietary regimes. Seriously, steak, fish, veggie, Mexican, Italian, French, AND...if you are on a special diet, you can order directly from the waiter, your needs. On occasion, we saw this at breakfast time, for those who wanted an omelette, for example. Next: Body shots were experienced for the first time with a few friends as our 'circle of trust', so that we felt like a crowd would not line up....unless you want one to.... Likewise, we enjoyed the swing in the playroom, and did not go in there to swap, but enjoyed a new thrill for our memories. :D If you or your wife want any info about our experience with the sensual/erotic massage or other questions, pm me.

We relish the times we have spent at Desire Pearl, have special moments we can talk about at night at the end of the day, and have 'teasers' we can message each other with during the work week!

Cheers! :wink:
living, loving life and each other...cheers!
mrstommer
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 13 Mar 2020

Postby Travelqueen » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:15 am

Thank you for the detailed info. It helps alleviate obvious apprehensions as we are newbies too - first trip this October. Very excited and tying to figure out all the clothing for theme nights. Thanks!
Travelqueen
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 05 Oct 2014

Postby FromSeattle » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:24 pm

9 days and a wakeup until we get to paradise! I had questions in that pre-trip report. Come on veterans, answer some of my questions please.

Oh, so I put in my request for room 79, we'll see what happens there. I was emailing a lady named Ana at reservations asking about the lover's package and whatnot. It was explained to me that with the Lover's Package upgrade you get a Master Suite, but not one with a plunge pool. I really want room 77 or 78 but can't afford the upgrade unless it's the $550 Lover's upgrade. What is the likelyhood of talking my way into one of those rooms for the price of the Lover's Package upgrade?

Thanks guys.
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Postby waab76 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:46 pm

Regarding the foam party, I can only speak to the one at Riviera Maya (for now, more info tomorrow night, I'm sure) but you don't have to be into groping/being groped to enjoy the foam. Sure, you and your spouse may get separated by a couple feet, and you may run into a naked stranger trying to get back to your wife, but the foam is not just an excuse to get handy with others. It - like everything at Desire - is an excuse to just let go of all your stress, hang ups, and responsibilities and just live in the moment with the person who makes you happiest. Strip down, jump in, and DANCE with your wife.
RM Mar 2011, Week 43 2012, Sep 2013, Aug 2015, Sep 2016, Dec 2017
Pearl Aug 2014 (1st SYW), Aug 2016

Next: RM Spring 2018?
waab76
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 18 Dec 2017

Postby waab76 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:23 pm

Also, I have a bottle of Knob Creek in my bag. If it doesn't get drained this week, I'll pass it off to Jenyphur to hand over to you on your arrival.
RM Mar 2011, Week 43 2012, Sep 2013, Aug 2015, Sep 2016, Dec 2017
Pearl Aug 2014 (1st SYW), Aug 2016

Next: RM Spring 2018?
waab76
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 18 Dec 2017

Postby WhiteSands » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:07 am

waab76 wrote:Regarding the foam party, I can only speak to the one at Riviera Maya (for now, more info tomorrow night, I'm sure) but you don't have to be into groping/being groped to enjoy the foam. Sure, you and your spouse may get separated by a couple feet, and you may run into a naked stranger trying to get back to your wife, but the foam is not just an excuse to get handy with others. It - like everything at Desire - is an excuse to just let go of all your stress, hang ups, and responsibilities and just live in the moment with the person who makes you happiest. Strip down, jump in, and DANCE with your wife.

^^^THAT !!!
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby FromSeattle » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:52 am

Today is the day. We fly out tonight. I will attempt as much as possible to post daily updates to a live trip report. I can't describe the anticipation we are feeling.

See you in paradise!
FromSeattle
Desire Lover

Postby ironranger » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:00 am

Let us know what you think of the foam party...thanks and have a blast!! :D
ironranger
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 10 Dec 2013

Postby gingerandwasabi » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:53 am

Thanks for posting. You two sound like great people that really deserve a vacation for just the two of you. You have the perfect attitude about letting your wife go at her speed. We were similarly cautious and still are at some moments afyer 3 trips but my wife (a mother of 2) always amazes me on these trips. My guess is that your wife will have her top off on the first day. It's incredibly freeing for most ladies once they realize nibody is judging or creepy. She may even want to sun her buns on day two. A couple of other thoughts. The gift shop has all sorts of outfits for her to dress in theme if she decides to join in. No one will judge either way but it is lots of fun. The play room is actually less social than the jacuzzi after dark. Most couples stayed to themselves and were happy to watch or show off usually just a few are in there. The jacuzzi is more social where you might get some drinks and talk to others before any offers are made. Still you can easily stay to yourselves in there and if you decide to join others don't be afraid to tell them you are newbies and cautious. That will probably make you even more attractive to them. Also if you want things to remain just the two of you, it might be better to avoid the booze cruise snorkel trip which can end up pretty wild depending who is on the boat. It's sort of designed to push through inhibitions. The dive trips however are serious dive trips without any hanky panky. Similarly the couples sensual and erotic massages are designed to help push through limits if that ends up being what you want. They are a great way to see how you each would feel if others were involved but because they remain very professional and have the goal of putting you two together it feels very safe. On the other hand dont hesitate to join the foam party in the pool. Everyone was fun and respectful. We had been to one in a jacuzzi once that ended up with a lot of affection so my choosy wife was apprehensive this time, but this one is spread out in the pool without any sense that you just joined an orgy. I would guess the only way someone else would touch her is if she asked them to. I saw nothing that even raised an eyebrow. Just good clean fun. Pun intended. Finally as far as food goes remember you can always ask for what you want. Keep up the great attitude and you will come back with a permanent smile on your faces and more in love than ever. This won't be your last trip to Pearl.
gingerandwasabi

We arrive on: 13 Jun 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: We prefer meeting in person

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl