Pearl august 2 to 12, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pearl august 2 to 12, 2014

Postby morse » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:35 pm

This was our third trip to Pearl. It was the best , they even improved, and working hard to make it better each day.
The arrival and check in was again without any problems. They recognised us and were very professional, no asking for the membership salestalk.
We arrived around 9.30 pm after a long journey ( door to door 17 h. ) So we went for a quick look at the hot tub to make sure it was still there :D and then to bed as our home time was already 4.30 am.
The first morning ( and all these afterwards ) we had a great breakfast . Plenty of choices, warm-cold, healthy food, comfort food and a great service by the staff. The waffles are great ( and this comes from an expert :BEL )
The poolboys really are working their a.. off to give a good service. Same for the ladies bringing the drinks.
Lunch is at the Aphrodite restaurant again and it is very good. I can recomment the burgers and my favourite ; the pizza with scampi. Please do try the fish from the buffet, it is soooo good.

During the day, the animation team works hard to please everyone, they talk to eveyrone, even if you do not participate in games or sport. We love Jessica, but with naming only her, we would not do justice to Coco, Ana, Lisette and the guys.
Hope Charlie his toe is OK now.
On Saturday there is the foam party, lots of fun.

Extras : my wife had two relaxing massages ( we did the erotic one last year ) and was pleased. I did the excursion to dive with the whale sharks ( depart 7.15, return 15.30 ) ; something to remember for sure, I was very impressed.

Hot tub: as usual, fun to meet people, fun the have some play :bj

One remark for this year ; I know it is clothing optional, but at some point, 60% of the male guest were wearing swimsuits, even a lot in the hot tub. At a certain point, being nude felt more an exception and at a clothing optional resort I do not believe it should be like that. The last day, two couples arrived, first time on a C/O resort and one of the guys started to comment the older nude ladies around the pool. I really hope this trend will reverse because the atmosphere was always respectful and open minded towards everyone.

Mosquitos : small and nasty.

Evening shows : some shows are the same as last year, but still are very good, love the dancers.
Disco : sometimes people leave after the show, some stay for 2 or 3 songs, other nights more people stayed at the dance floor and or playroom.

Food : mostly we ate at the Pearl restaurant and loved it. They do great efforts to bring something more than the normal restaurant food you get at hotel restaurants at holidays. I heard some people saying that it was not like they have their steak at home, but then their main concern on haute cuisine was if there was enough ketchup at the table ;)

We met some great people and I must admit that most US people amaze me by remembering names so well, you only have to tell your name once and they remember it for the rest of the holiday. My excuses that this was a big feature in my case :D

People : a younger crowd compared to last year, I believe the pay 3 get 4 nights attracted younger people staying for these 4 days.

Conclusion ; my spoken English is better than my written, Pearl is a great place with staff that only deserves lots of applause. We will return.
morse
Desire Convert

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Aug 2014

Re: Pearl august 2 to 12, 2014

Postby Jenyphur » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Please, please please tell me more about the whale shark excursion! I want to do this. How did you find them and/or how did you sign up? How much was it?

Are you an experienced diver? I've been on about 20 dives so definitely still consider myself a beginner but I really want to do this. :)
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-AZHotcouple777

Postby morse » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:33 pm

Hello Jenyphur, when you read "dive" this means snorkling. So it can be done by anyone who can swim. You even have the choice between a wetsuit or a lifejacket. I got the trip from the guy at the hotel from the dive shop. Cost was i believe around 200 us$.
So go for it, it takes a boat ride 1h30 to get on the spot, but it is worth the effort. Enjoy.
morse
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 02 Aug 2014

Postby Jenyphur » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:47 pm

Thank you!!! I sure will.
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We are from: USA