First Timers Trip Report Aug 21-27th, 2014 !

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Timers Trip Report Aug 21-27th, 2014 !

Postby Jenyphur » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Before I begin my review, I want to give a little background about us…although we are not in the ‘lifestyle’ we DO consider ourselves VERY sexually adventurous. We both love sex and are very passionate people. One of the many reasons we are together and madly in love is because we are on the same page when it comes to sex (along with many other things). Simply put…we are not prudes when it comes to sex. We have had a few threesomes (another woman) ..very hot..and have tried almost everything there is to do between two people other than the pain and humiliation type stuff….that’s not our thing. So please keep this in mind as you are reading this report.

I (the woman) have really been the one doing the research and essentially driving the bus when it comes to finding this type of resort and dabbling in the ‘lifestyle’. Trust me, my guy was and has been up for anything and we were both very excited to be coming to this resort. However, I think I was more excited and I’ll explain why later. I also am the one that paid for this trip..the most I have EVER spent on a room in my life and I have been to some very nice places all over the world. This was a birthday present to my boyfriend.

So here it goes….please read to the end because I know it’s going to sound like I’m nit picking a few things and complaining a lot. I’m just trying to be honest.
So our flights to Cancun from Phx were perfect. We arrived with no issues and had pre-arranged USA transfers and they were there waiting for us and we had a private bus to the resort. Perfect so far.

Check In/Room
Check in was smooth…I was hoping for room 79 for the plunge pool and I had read that EVERY room had an ocean view so not to worry. Ok, no problem. We got room 74. We head to our room and it’s on the 3rd floor with no elevator…ok, not a huge issue but I would have preferred to be on bottom floor just to have easy access to beach, pool, etc. We got to our room and well let’s just say we were both underwhelmed a bit. Our “ocean view” had no view of the ocean at all. There were too many trees and we could only get a small glimpse of the quiet end of the pool. (We were by the dive shop). I actually liked the location of the room being on the quiet side, but I really wanted to see the ocean. So right off the bat, I was disappointed.  We looked at each other and we agreed the only thing we could do was ask if there were any other rooms..so we walked back and asked. They did have ONE ground floor room available and we were super happy until we got to that room. They were doing some heavy duty paint stripping or maintenance and we could smell the fumes even before we got to the room. The room was indeed on the ground floor but within 5 minutes, we both felt high and had headaches…yes..it was that bad. Not to mention the room was MUCH smaller. So we made the trek back to the lobby and explained that we would just rather take the room without any view. Our poor bell man had to lug our luggage back and forth and was tipped nicely for his efforts. Great guy btw!!!!
All in all, the room was fine. It was spacious and served it’s purpose but I really missed sitting out on the balcony to look at the ocean. Not once did we just hang out there as there was really nothing to see.
The only small complaint I had was that one day we didn’t have water at all and another day we had just cold water. Again, not really a huge deal.

Grounds
One thing I kept reading over and over is how nice the grounds are; they are kept up and are beautiful, etc. Well one of the first things we noticed is that the walkways are very narrow and two people can’t really walk hand in hand on the paths unless one walks in the criss-cross patterned sidewalk which really isn’t easy to walk on. So I know this is where some of you are going to say I’m too picky but come on..this is an easy fix. Tear up the old walkways including the criss/cross pattern area and put NEW sidewalks down. It really can’t be that much to fix. It just looked old and not very well maintained..and really was irritating to walk on. I will admit, I think being from AZ, we are a bit spoiled as we have MANY, MANY beautiful resorts here. I just felt the resort as a whole seemed a bit tired and outdated. The newer parts (the restaurants, etc) were fantastic and it seems they are making some great improvements.

Pool Area/Music
We both really liked the pool area. I liked that there was a quiet end and a not so quiet end. Loved the swim up bar on one side and beach bar on the other. The pool is a bit warm but what can you really do about that…there was a nice little colder area right by the swim up bar that was nice. For the most part, the bartending staff was pretty good. Some were definitely nicer than others and I just loved the young kid..’Omar’. That boy always had a smile on his face and was dancing around, etc.
The music is something that can definitely be improved on. I get that there are people from many countries but at least play some top 40s stuff from time to time and/or music to get people pumping. The exception was the foam party which I think they did a much better job at as far as the music goes.

The Beach/Pier
When we first got to the resort, this was one of the first places we went to…we both love the ocean and couldn’t wait. What I wasn’t prepared for was the massive amounts of seaweed.  It was a good 2 feet wide strip on the beach. And there was quite a bit of it in the water for the first 10 feet or so. It just wasn’t what I was expecting. It appeared that earlier they tried to remove some of it as we saw piles of it on the side of the resort. In the pictures that I saw of this beach, I don’t remember there being any seaweed. Oh well, we made the best of it and decided that for us, it was better to walk down to the end of the pier and dive into the water. We LOVED this and did it many times a day. The tricky part is getting back up on the dock without swimming all the way back to the beach. I have a decent amount of upper body strength so I was able to hurl my body up onto the lower platform. It definitely isn’t for the faint of heart…it’s a bit of a struggle.

Let me reiterate that we LOVED the pier and the gazebo at the end. For us, this was one of the best places to sit and relax and reconnect. There was hardly anyone out there. We loved it.
I will also say that on our last 2 days, the water was SO MUCH better!!! Much, much less seaweed..the water was calm and clear and fabulous. The workers worked so hard at clearing all the old seaweed. It was incredible. Thank you so much!!!!

We noticed on the second to the last day that they had a paddle board you could take out….but only one. Being a couples resort, I would think they would have two but hey I was glad to have the one. I have always wanted to try this and it was fantastic. I loved it. We took turns and even sat out there together and watched the fish and had some amazing conversations. More water toys would be helpful…kayaks maybe, etc
Food/Restaurants
Again, this is where many people will disagree with me. I have heard so many comments about how great the food was that I think my expectations were too high. The food wasn’t bad….it was above average to even good in most cases. The portions are very small which is fine with me and the service was fantastic. The wait staff really does a great job and we enjoyed many of them…especially Fernando.

Entertainment/Entertainment Staff
I have to say, the entertainment staff was great. We really enjoyed Coco, Ana, Lisa, Charlie and Jessica. Fantastic people, very personable, etc. We participated in beach volleyball with them and had a blast. We even did the tantric yoga class with Coco, Ana and Lisa on the pier and it was great…would highly recommend it.
I think one of the highlights for me was the foam party. I have never experienced that and loved it. We danced and danced and it was so much fun!!!

Odds/Ends
We did take a taxi one day into Puerto Morelos for lunch. I would recommend doing this one day ..we found a great little place at the ‘square’ on the water to eat and have a few drinks. Taxi as $10 each way. Definitely worth it.

We also ended up taking a taxi one night into Cancun to eat at my boyfriend’s favorite restaurant called LaMadonna. I HIGHLY recommend doing this. The taxi was $45 each way and our driver waited for us while we ate and walked around. BEST FOOD of our trip.

So all in all…at this point, I would rate this resort at a level of a 3 to 3.5 star resort. If this was a ‘regular’ resort I would probably say we would be returning.
However…..and please, please, please don’t hate me for posting what I am about to post.

We won’t be returning and here’s why.

As some of you know, I was super nervous about my body image/issues and being naked, etc. What I can HONESTLY tell you is this. After being to this resort, I feel so much better about my own body..and please don’t take that the wrong way. I loved that people of all shapes and sizes where there owning what they all had. As someone else mentioned, there were better bodies than mine, there were older ones, and younger ones, and smaller breasts and larger breasts and all kinds. I saw two other beautiful women with tummy tuck scars even. I saw men with large ‘units’ and not so large units and to be honest….nothing of that even mattered.

After we arrived we ventured down to the hot tub where we were immersed into the world of clothing optional resorts. We had our suits on. Did I feel pressure at all to take my suit off? Not in the slightest. I was strangely fine with being the only one with my suit on and it had NOTHING to do with my body image or being shy. Trust me, I am not a shy person. LOL

What Tom and I both realized is that for US…we prefer to see people with their clothes on. And the only reason we are saying this is because we found that being and seeing other people naked wasn’t sexy at all. In fact, for us…it was almost a letdown because there is just nothing left to the imagination. I don’t know if that makes sense at all. Even at the night…we thought the women that were sexy were the ones that were wearing sexy dresses without revealing everything! There was one very hot Brazilian woman (I believe) that had a VERY sexy black cut out dress on the side but everything was covered. Man was that hot. We just felt that people were trying almost a little too hard to look and be sexy and it wasn’t sexy to us. Again..I know we are definitely NOT the majority here and we are not judging anyone as we were glad people were expressing themselves and most really looked like they were having a great time. But for us, we typically didn’t find this sexy.

So yes, I was the one that kept my bikini on the entire time with the exception of showing my boobs to regain my serve in beach volleyball..hey, I had to take one for the team and to be honest, it was fun to flash them a few times. I also was asked by some pretty hot women in the pool one day if I would show them as they were all wondering why I wasn’t taking it off ..…I did in fact show them and it was sexy and fun.
In closing I want to say that we met some fantastic people! As far as sexy fun goes…we had PLENTY of that between the two of us. Oh boy…mind blowing! We reconnected on every level possible. I will say I was a bit disappointed that we didn’t find a sexy woman to join us but we quickly realized through a few conversations with other couples that this is a couples resort and there is a bit of an expectation of a 2 way street. We understood this and to be perfectly honest, I am not interested in being with another man so we didn’t focus on that and just focused on being with each other and it was absolutely PERFECT.

If someone asks if we would recommend Desire to them, we would definitely say YES! I truly believe that you won’t know if you like it or not if you don’t give it a try. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to find out if this was for us or not. We wouldn’t have changed a thing.
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-AZHotcouple777

Re: First Timers Trip Report Aug 21-27th, 2014 !

Postby yoyo » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:52 pm

You have a point and thanks for your honesty !!! :L

I am the Mr. And love this place to see and expose my wife naked :D but I agree with you that in most of the times something on is sexier than nothing .
yoyo
Desire Addict

We are from: Mexico
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby TandD » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:57 pm

Thanks for the report - well stated and I'm with you on the naked does not necessarily equal sexy part.

Mr. here too and I also like to put my wife "out there" but a sheer-when-wet bikini say, is waaaay sexier than totally naked even though there is very little difference in terms of what you can see.

It's the same thing with the sexy dresses as you noted. Notice they don't have a theme night of just "Be Nude" - it's all about dressy sexy/slutty/teasy.

Having said all that, I could throw all these preconceived notions out the window when we actually get there next month...

TandD
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Jenyphur » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:01 pm

I will say there was one woman with a sheer white bikini and it looked HOT. I wish I had that bikini....very sexy. Mine were all from VS and lets just say I wasn't leaving all that much to the imagination with my 34DD in a 34D top :)
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

Postby Trifecta » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:49 am

Wow, Jennyphur....I was really looking forward to/hoping for a more positive trip report (we just booked for our virgin trip to Pearl for the new year). Your background story seemed very similar to ours.....NOn-lifestylers, Bi curious female (I am the guy) but VERY adventurous couple....We went to Hedo last year and we had an amazing time together, but really didn't love some of the folks around us. Some folks were downright unattractive naked and as unjudgemental as I would LOVE to be, I was simply turned off by some folks's bodies. I am very happy for them that they feel comfortable, but I can't deny what my brain is telling me if its telling me that it is not attracted to something. I agree that clothing makes people sexier!!!! I get that totally!!!. This all being said there were a few couples that were pretty hot....and we tried to stay in their general vicinity, so that helped.

One thing that stood out from your report was the fact that you guys stayed clothed for the most part. Now I am glad that you did what was most comfortable for you, and I am even more glad that no one made you feel any pressure to go beyond what you wanted....but as someone who DREADED getting naked and was naked for the first time in my life last spring at Hedo I have to tell you it was Very liberating. You might have changed some of your thoughts about the trip if you had taken that last leap into the nudity thing. Just a thought.

finally, I am going to assume based upon the fact that you didn't report any, and you didn't even get naked, that you didn't have any PDS. Again, this was something I NEVER thought I would do. EVER. I was basically positive I wouldn't be able to perform...but I did. and OH BOY was that hot...not so much because I liked having sex in public (I am still totally freaked out by the concept), but because my GIRL has something for it .....and like most people, watching my S.O. get totally off on something was amazing for me...even though it was one of the craziest things I could have even imagined doing. Did you see or do any PDS????? Again, we avoided the not-so-hot folks and stayed near the hot ones. And I should say we didn't dive right into PDS....we had sex on our balcony several times before we did it in full public view....the balconies at Hedo are just exposed enough that we were in "public" but just private enough that I could convince myself that no one could see me. This is how I eased into the PDS thing. Maybe had you had some crazy erotic experience like this you would have understood that this is what sets a C/O resort apart from just a regular resort....because you can connect in a way you would never ever be able to in real life. And do something that you would never do...and this is why we are going back to a C/O resort....because we both want to have these experiences again, even if it means putting up with the part of the trip that aren't so awesome (like so-so rooms and food, and some unattractive folks naked all around you)

I came away from Hedo not wanting to go back to Hedo, but still wanting to go to another resort where I could be naked with my girl, have sex in public with her (cause thats her thing for whatever reason) and MAYBE find a cute woman to let my girl fool around with. So this is why we are trying Pearl....We are hoping that at least SOME of the negatives of Hedo will not be present here and we will be even happier at pearl than we were at Hedo.....I guess only time will tell.

I have another question for you...did you do the erotic massage? You had talked about that pre-trip. wondering how that was if you did.

Thanks for the great and honest report. Best of luck as a couple!!!! You guys sound super fun and super in love...I can feel that from your posts. Thats what really matters in the end.

Tri
Trifecta
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby Jenyphur » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:28 pm

Great questions! I will say that when we were down by the hot tub the first day, we did see quite a lot of PDS and that is what essentially turned us off a bit to the idea because the people (in my opinion) weren't hot or sexy...it almost seemed mundane.

We did have some 'fun' (me especially) on the beach bed late in the afternoon one day. We also were all over each other most of the time we were together...so much so that the entertainment staff was jokingly telling us to 'get a room'. I also danced for him in the disco and it was VERY hot. But to say we had sex in the open where others could watch...the answer is no but to be honest, I'm pretty sure my guy wouldn't have liked that as he was already 'on edge' a bit about some pretty forward people with regards to being with us.

Again, I don't want anyone to think that we didn't have a great time, we really did! We are madly in love and we had so many unique special moments together. One of the entertainment staff came up to us before we left and told us that we were her favorite couple because she has been watching us all week at how we are totally into each other, always touching and laughing and talking. She told us how she was away from her guy and seeing us made her miss him even more. :(

I believe each couple has to figure out what works for them, what their limits/boundaries are and yes, sometimes push passed the comfort levels.

I am really glad we went...and I would recommend going to anyone that is 'curious'. I'm sure you two will have some great adventures.

Now, if only I could find a resort that has ONLY hot unicorns....I would up for that in a heartbeat. :)
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

Postby Mrladysman » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:08 am

Jen I must say we met the last day we were in pearl and I do remember you in your pink bathing suit you are right about most things there we been to many resorts and we where not to crazy about the food it was just ok I guess being were from NYC that where used to great food as far as being naked we were at times didn't want to get to burned by the sun all in we did have a great time but we didn't think it was all it was cracked up to be.will we go back who knows but we took that off our bucket list
Mrladysman
Desire Fan

Postby Budlee » Fri Oct 10, 2014 3:57 pm

Thanks for your honest report.

My only comment about the nudity and you not finding it sexy, is that.... who cares? We're not naked with the goal to turn YOU on! And, so sorry if our less than perfect bodies turn you off!!! You sound young and you sound like you've got some growing up to do. Speaking for myself and my man, we're naked because it feels good, we don't like bathing suits, and we find each other irresistible. Not once did we consider if other people were finding us as hot as we found each other, because quite frankly, we didn't care! We're not there to impress.

Sorry you were too uptight to lose the bikini.... you might have been a little more chill about the whole thing, had you given it a try.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby two4funinpa » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:28 pm

I liked the report. It was honest. That's what I love about the people we've met in the lifestyle (we are not a full swap couple). The diversity and openness about who finds what to be comfortable, pleasure able, etc. No rules, just fun and having the freedom to do what we enjoy. Whatever that is.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby Budlee » Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:56 pm

I've been giving this trip report a lot of thought, and felt I needed to clarify my previous statement, lest I come off as too judgey myself.

I guess the thing I don't get, is why you picked Desire in the first place. As far as all-inclusive resorts go, it's not inexpensive... there are a lot of what I would consider to be better options in the Caribbean, as far as quality of beach, accommodations, amenities, food, etc. If you're not interested in the clothing-optional aspect and you're not interested in the possibility of playing with others, then why pick this sort of resort? And, I'm only asking out of curiosity... what was the selling point?

My SO and I are nudists, and we've dabbled in playing with others. That's why we chose Desire. I just don't get it, if neither of those factors apply to you, why you'd pick this particular resort.
Budlee
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 31 May 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS, FetLife, Flickr

Postby teadout2007 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:19 pm

Is there any other place like Desire where you are able to engage in PDS that's much less expensive? If so, I would agree, why spend the extra cash to be in a place for clothing optional couples and those in the "lifestyle" if you're not okay with it? If there is such a cheaper place please let me know! Even if there is another place, would it really even compare? I don't know really as my wife and I have never been to Desire, but from what I've read on here it doesn't seem like there is a comparable, less expensive place. Also, from what I've read it sounds like Desire is for any couple interested in enjoying each other and possibly other opportunities. My wife and I want to go because we can get a little more adventurous with each other without having to worry about breaking any laws or scarring any children! Haha. We do not agree with swinging, or really even the clothing optional aspect and that's our choice, but we are open to new experiences shared between us. And a BIG of course, we are not going to judge those who differ from our views just as we wont be judged for our views. That's why we want to go. Hope that at least somewhat helps answer your question. :)
teadout2007

Postby Trifecta » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:59 am

teadout2007 wrote:Is there any other place like Desire where you are able to engage in PDS that's much less expensive? If so, I would agree, why spend the extra cash to be in a place for clothing optional couples and those in the "lifestyle" if you're not okay with it? If there is such a cheaper place please let me know! Even if there is another place, would it really even compare? I don't know really as my wife and I have never been to Desire, but from what I've read on here it doesn't seem like there is a comparable, less expensive place. Also, from what I've read it sounds like Desire is for any couple interested in enjoying each other and possibly other opportunities. My wife and I want to go because we can get a little more adventurous with each other without having to worry about breaking any laws or scarring any children! Haha. We do not agree with swinging, or really even the clothing optional aspect and that's our choice, but we are open to new experiences shared between us. And a BIG of course, we are not going to judge those who differ from our views just as we wont be judged for our views. That's why we want to go. Hope that at least somewhat helps answer your question. :)

This is one very mixed up paragraph....you seem to call out the OP for why they would spend the "extra cash to be in a place for clothing optional couples and those in the 'lifestyle' if you're not okay with it?" But then you say lower down ""we do not agree with swinging, or really even the clothing optional aspect and that's our choice"

HUH??? You sound just like the OP...why are you bothering to go to Desire if you have no interest in the ONLY aspects that set it apart from any other "vanilla" all-inclusive?? Do you just want to watch everyone else be naked and fool around?

-Tri
Trifecta
Desire Lover

Postby CokeMann » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:20 am

@ Trifecta - maybe the best answer could be found in these posts on this other thread

Thread = Why would non nudists or non 'lifestyle' couples visit Desire?
WhiteSands wrote:
Bamacouple wrote:We go because where else can my wife wear her sexy school girl outfit to go eat and dance and not stand out like a sore thumb? Can't do it at Sandals or any other places that I am aware of?

Exactly! Plus not having to play bingo and retire at 10pm!
:UK
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby teadout2007 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Hey Tri!

Yeah, I understand that sounds a bit contradictory. We want to go so we can experience a resort where we are free to fool around with each other without having to be locked up in a room with blinds closed. We both like the idea of pushing boundaries and the thought of being heard or possibly even seen. We would not go to Desire for the c/o part or the swinging part, meaning we would most likely not undress and for sure not take part in any play with other couples. Sure you can push boundaries in a vanilla resort, but you risk children being around and anyone that would not be okay seeing that. Does that make sense?
teadout2007

Postby Trifecta » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:34 pm

teadout2007 wrote:Hey Tri!

Yeah, I understand that sounds a bit contradictory. We want to go so we can experience a resort where we are free to fool around with each other without having to be locked up in a room with blinds closed. We both like the idea of pushing boundaries and the thought of being heard or possibly even seen. We would not go to Desire for the c/o part or the swinging part, meaning we would most likely not undress and for sure not take part in any play with other couples. Sure you can push boundaries in a vanilla resort, but you risk children being around and anyone that would not be okay seeing that. Does that make sense?

Yes..totally. I understand now. Its all a matter of gradations....At the highest level there are the full-on nudist/swinger types. Then there is me and my S.O. - We are NOT swingers, but we like to fool around in public and we like the freedom of the C/O aspect...but we don't touch others. And then there is the next step below that....people like you who like the sexual atmosphere, and like being able to push YOUR boundaries a little but within your comfort level (just like we do in our comfort level).

This all being said.....if you had asked me a year ago if I would EVER, EVER EVER take off my clothes in public...or do anything more than kiss my S.O. in public I would have laughed at you like you can't believe....and now, a mere 6 mos later I am booking my second C/O resort trip and my S.O. and I are planning how we will push our boundaries a little further this time.....You MAY want to push your boundaries a little. Its kinda fun....You only live once and oh boy do I have a story or ten to take to my grave with me with a big smile on my face...and it had NOTHING to do with anyone but me and my girl. A little nudity and a little PDA can do wonders for your outlook on life.

Thanks for the insight.
Cheers!!

Tri
Trifecta
Desire Lover

Next

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl