A semi plagiarized trip report!

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

A semi plagiarized trip report!

Postby init4fun » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:12 pm

Ok...I read rykerw1701 trip report and agreed to everything...I just changed/added a few things from our trip. See below!!

1. Overall, the people you meet are remarkably nice and open to conversation. Maybe it’s that without clothes some pretense is lifted or that it’s really kind of ridiculous so there’s a “We’re all in this together” attitude, but we found it remarkably easy to find nice people to chat with and make dinner plans with.

2. Stock up on high quality sunscreen and aloe. Seems like common sense, but there’s parts of you that will see the hot Mexican sun that have never seen any sun at all and they charge $40 for spray on in the resort lobby!!!

3. Cancun airport. Customs was fast and even courteous. Bu then there’s the “Running the Gauntlet” when you’re heading out to get your transfer to the resort. Professional looking people are literally lined up on the along the hall edges as you are headed to the airport exist. They’re aggressive and misleading. Don’t engage, head right out the door and find your prescheduled shuttle.

4. Be there for the foam party. It’s like the resorts Christmas party for adults 52 times per year. It’s the biggest, most elaborate event the staff hosts, and not being there to participate is missing a very memorable and fun part of your trip.

5. Lifestylers should probably look more to the other nearby Desire property, Riviera Maya. There was certainly some Lifestyle hook ups, but it’s not a big part of the Pearl crowd. Most everyone is respectful of couples wishes and there’s no pressure, either direct or implied. We did not encounter one issue and that was a big concern for both of us since neither are not in the life-style and this was our first CO trip!

6. Tips are important. Yes it’s all inclusive, but the staff works really hard and they are beyond nice. A little bit goes a long way. If you’re from the US, get some $5 bills. They’re less bulky than $1 dollar bills, and you hardly ever just give out $1 anyway. Give the bartender a few bucks in the tip jar once a day because you’ll have no pockets (or pants) most of the time. I never thought to tip the hard working entertainment staff and wish I would have.

7. Reserve a pool chair before breakfast. Hand the guy's (Jared and Victor) who takes care of the chairs and area by the pool $5 in the morning and you’re set all day. I think most of the nicer chairs are near the bar part of the pool.

8. The hot tub is hot. No, the water temperature isn’t much hotter than the pool actually, but the activity there is hot. There’s some fun in the late afternoon, but it’s the 11 PM onward time slot that people start feeling amorous. Don’t go there then if you don’t want to enjoy the show or put on your own. We spent a few times in there but if it got too crazy we would roll on over to the pool. The far end away from the bar has a place you can sit, watch and listen to the ocean.....that was really nice!!

9. Do the sensual massage and/or the Erotic Dinner. The massage was pretty steamy and the dinner is one of the best investments. You eat dinner on top of the Aphrodite just you and your spouse....they even provide a bed if you want to enjoy other things!! Was very nice!!

10. Don’t plan to buy much, if anything, at the resort store. $40 for spray-on sunscreen? Really? And while the clothes for the theme nights were great, they were ridiculously priced. Pearl needs to rethink what they’re doing with this part. There are several websites you can buy inexpensive clothes and use for the theme nights.

11. Seven days was just enough time there. It’s a long, expensive way for most of us to get down to Cancun, and Pearl is so much fun you won’t want to leave anyway. Stay for a minimum of 5 days.

12. Getting naked is like taking off a bandage. Just do it right away all at once and get it over with. Within 10 minutes you won’t even think about it anymore. I waited a few days before I took my bottoms off as my wife was not really into it. She stayed in her bikini's mostly but did go topless a few days!! That was an awesome surprise!!

13. There are all body types. So need to worry....go and enjoy your time together!!

14. Hit the gym, loose a few pounds, or just start becoming healthy inside, mostly because you’ll feel better about you. No one will know where you started; this is more for your mental well-being.

15. The dreaded time share discussion. It’s completely optional. Next time we will just decline the coupon book and enjoy our time!!

16. They pour a strong drink, and the booze is quality. Pace yourself, particularly at the start. Same can be said about the food. We enjoyed every meal.

17. The actual physical property is maybe a 3.5 or 4 out of 5 stars. They could upgrade the rooms pretty easily, but they’re very clean. We had a Jr Suite and spent little time in ours anyway. The grounds and pool area, restaurants, club house etc. are well maintained and very pretty. The atmosphere is beyond 5 stars, and that’s what you’re really paying for.

18. Last but not least.....get ready to want to go back as soon as you can!! The staff at the Pearl is the best most awesome set of people I have ever been a pleasure to meet!! I think I was in a depression for about a week when I returned!! Hope this helps!!!
init4fun
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015

Re: A semi plagiarized trip report!

Postby SLINON » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:26 pm

Great report, glad you had fun! We love Pearl too!
SLINON
Desire Superstar

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 09 Jan 2024

Re: A semi plagiarized trip report!

Postby init4fun » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:26 am

I would also like to add that, as of right now, I have no other interest in going to a different resort....CO or not!! The staff, service and the atmosphere were that outstanding!!
init4fun
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl