Pool Construction Crew Sept. 9th-23rd, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Pool Construction Crew Sept. 9th-23rd, 2014

Postby WhiteSands » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:00 am

Desire RM September 9th-23rd (The Pearl Portion)

We visited Desire RM while the pool there was being renovated, and had free daily transfers to and from Pearl between 11am and 5pm. This report deals only with our Pearl experience, the RM portion can be found under Desire RM’s section.

What can I say; it’s just like coming home. From the very first moment we set foot in the resort, I felt like a princess. The staff here always remember our names, we get hugs & kisses, and it all feels genuine. We even saw a couple of familiar faces we had previously met at Temptation, Paloma and Yasmin, who we were also delighted to see.

The pool guys Victor & Jared, and also Danny (imported from RM for the duration) had a really tricky time trying to keep both Pearl and RM guests happy, but did a splendid job, as usual.

The entertainment team has changed since our last visit. Charlie and our beautiful Jessica are still there and have been joined by Liz, Koko (boy can this girl dance!), Vincent and Marco, who all introduced themselves on the first day, and greeted us with hugs on every subsequent day.

Lunchtimes at Pearl are totally delightful. Rudy & G still remember our likes from previous trips, and are wonderfully professional.

Saturday’s Foam Party was epic! The added crowd from RM seemed to amp up the atmosphere, and we had a blast! There is a strict “no photo” rule, but unfortunately some ignorant guests think that this doesn’t apply to them.

The Jacuzzi area now has “No Smoking” signs all around and this was being enforced, which makes us very happy, pity they don’t enforce it at RM. However, for some reason, the numbers of beds seems to be shrinking! Our last trip there were 6, the beginning of this trip there were 5, at the end only 4 and 3 of these were “reserved for members” ie not being used at all !! Very, very frustrating!

On our last night we took advantage of the free night pass we received from attending the Premier presentation, and dined at the Pearl restaurant with the lovely Rocky as our waiter once again. “He” fancied shrimp (not on the menu) and Rocky arranged to have some delicious garlic shrimp cooked especially for us. And when dessert arrived, it had “Happy Return Mr & Mrs……” written on the plate in chocolate.

After dinner there was an excellent band on in the lobby, but as in previous trips, it proved too hot to sit and enjoy the music, so we returned to the much cooler RM. If and when this problem is solved (rumours of work in January?) Pearl will be my Number 1 destination.

Now the only negative…….
We decided this trip to attend the member presentation, as these last few years we have pretty much only holidayed at RM, Pearl or Temptation, and think that perhaps now is the time for us to consider joining. The meeting was set up with our lovely Gloria and taken over by Monica, who was, quite frankly, aggressive and rude, and belittled our friend Gloria in front of us. This experience was at odds with our expectation of Desire, and I’m afraid I upped and left.

Apart from this ‘blip’, this trip reiterates how much we love Pearl, and how hard all the staff (who were paraded around the pool one day for us all to see and show appreciation) work to make each and every guest feel special.
:UK
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Re: Pool Construction Crew Sept. 9th-23rd, 2014

Postby Kscpl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:08 pm

Are you saying that they are reserving beds in the Jacuzzi area for members only?? We were there in July and this was not the case. Only beach beds were reserved for members and penthouse guests.
Kscpl
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
Swing Site(s) we belong to: KASIDIE

Postby WhiteSands » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:38 pm

That is exactly what I'm saying! 3 of the 4 remaining beds had "Reserved" signs on the beds, for members only! Unused.
72 days of Temptation, 43 of Desire, 32 of Pearl and counting.....
Lingerie Queen of Desire 2013

See you soon!
Follow us on Twitter @BlancoGoGo
WhiteSands
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 09 Sep 2015

Postby Kscpl » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:54 pm

Could possibly be our last trip in October. :x
Kscpl
Desire Devotee

Swing Site(s) we belong to: KASIDIE

Postby rparty » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:38 pm

I read your point about smoking around the hot tub at RM. Why can this not be enforced ? The bartenders hand out ash trays and offered lights to guests all the time :oops:
rparty
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 30 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie Rparty

Postby Jude1000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:49 am

WhiteSands wrote:The Jacuzzi area now has “No Smoking” signs all around and this was being enforced, which makes us very happy, pity they don’t enforce it at RM. However, for some reason, the numbers of beds seems to be shrinking! Our last trip there were 6, the beginning of this trip there were 5, at the end only 4 and 3 of these were “reserved for members” ie not being used at all !! Very, very frustrating!

Just returned from a great trip to Pearl 11 to 26 October and can assure everyone that there are still six beds round the jacuzzi and there are no "reserved for members" signs on any of them. We used them all during our 14 night stay..... :D

Jude1000
Desire Devotee

Postby cancouple » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:41 pm

Jude1000 wrote:
WhiteSands wrote:The Jacuzzi area now has “No Smoking” signs all around and this was being enforced, which makes us very happy, pity they don’t enforce it at RM. However, for some reason, the numbers of beds seems to be shrinking! Our last trip there were 6, the beginning of this trip there were 5, at the end only 4 and 3 of these were “reserved for members” ie not being used at all !! Very, very frustrating!

Just returned from a great trip to Pearl 11 to 26 October and can assure everyone that there are still six beds round the jacuzzi and there are no "reserved for members" signs on any of them. We used them all during our 14 night stay..... :D

Just confirming we were at Pearl 11th to 18th and not once did we see a" reserved" sign at the Jacuzzi beds !
cancouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada

Postby youme69 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 pm

I think the way it works is like around the pool, if a member asks to reserve a bed at the jacuzzi they will go put the member towels on get it all set up then put the sign on the bed. If they get no request no signs.
youme69
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 03 Apr 2024

Postby nologic » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:37 pm

How long and hard pressing is the owners presentation? Do you have to be married? What do you get as a benefit for attending? (Wonder what their conversion rate is)?
nologic
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Postby Jude1000 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:46 am

Presentation can be as short as you want. It's done on a one to one in the restaurant: if the deal isn't what you want or they don't give the information you need, you can just say "no thanks" and leave. We stayed for about 15 minutes, and it was clear they couldn't get the cost to what made sense for us. We left, no hard feelings, no problem.

There was no indication a couple has to be married. Can't see why this would be an issue as the contract (written under Mexican law) could be with both or either. As you pay by credit card the conversion rate will be whatever your bank sets.

The incentive for attending the presentation is a book of discount vouchers. We used one to save 150USD on the erotic massage (see my other post on that :D ) and one to get a free book of pictures from the photoshoot (worth about 100USD I guess). There were a bunch of other discounts that we didn't bother with. But we saved about 250USD in 15 minutes; and I don't often get paid 1,000USD per hour!

Jude :UK
Jude1000
Desire Devotee

Postby nologic » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Jude1000 wrote: But we saved about 250USD in 15 minutes; and I don't often get paid 1,000USD per hour!
Jude :UK

Well, the word you're probably looking for is "priceless" but free photos and massages sounds like a good use of a small amount of time. I still don't clearly understand the difference between the sensual and erotic massages, based on people's descriptions. Is there a list price cost difference between the two?
nologic
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl