Trip Report Desire Pearl:11 to 25 October 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report Desire Pearl:11 to 25 October 2014

Postby Jude1000 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Hi

Just wanted to share some of our experiences from the last 14 nights at Pearl…. If you were at Pearl from 11 to 25 October you may remember us as the quiet English couple; if so, it would be great to hear from you! :D

This was our third, 14 night stay. So first, for those reading this post who have never been there the TripAdvisor bit:

• Desire Pearl is a high-end, adult-themed, clothes-optional resort where the guests actually talk to each other. In all the bars in all the world we have never had so many fascinating conversations with so many interesting and intriguing people as in the Jacuzzi bar at Pearl.

• As in previous years, most people were naked, but some ladies and a few men kept their bottoms on. A few ladies also kept their tops on. A small number of people had public sex in the playroom or on the beds by the Jacuzzi, usually after dark. But nobody will ever judge - just do what you feel comfortable with and you will have a sensational vacation!

• Most guests were not swingers; those that are tended to arrive in like minded parties of friends and swinger action seemed to be taken back to the rooms. The watchword at Desire is respect: nobody will ever do anything you don’t feel comfortable with.

• We had an ocean-front room this time (#74) that was large and relaxing with a big patio door onto a balcony with a magnificent view. The doors all have a fly screen so we slept with the door open and air con off. This way we could hear the waves breaking on the shore - very peaceful and romantic. The bed was super king size and extremely comfortable. The room, like everything else in the resort, was kept spotlessly clean and the bathroom looked totally new. The master suite we had last year was big enough for a huge party, but we don’t spend much time in the room so this time we opted for an ocean-front room. And there’s now fast, complimentary wifi everywhere round the property.

• The menu variety at the two restaurants was very good and the service superb. Even though we stayed for 14 nights we didn’t get bored with the menu, which is different in each restaurant and rotates on a three-day cycle. There is always a huge choice and usually five courses for dinner (no, we didn’t eat five courses every night for two weeks). Lunch has an a la carte menu and an extensive buffet, plus a frequent barbeque. Breakfast is buffet, or you can have whatever you want cooked fresh - there’s no printed menu and your waiter simply explains to the chef what you want.

• Did we mention the three bars (including two swim up naked ones) and their superb bartenders? They know how to mix a decent cocktail; though you may need to ask for the top brand alcohol (Tanqueray, Grey Goose, Jack Daniels, don Pedro etc). And the standard house wines are OK also.

• If you’re travelling from the UK, book a package with Kenwood Travel or Travelbag. We saved around 4,500USD compared with booking the resort and flight separately. There are direct flights from London to Cancun: flight time is about 10 hours but the 7 hour time difference is a killer for a day or two. We flew premium with Virgin Atlantic: typically excellent in-flight service from Virgin, but why do they keep their 747s so cold?

• Desire Pearl is a sensational resort. We rarely ever return to a resort, but this was our third two week visit and we shall definitely be back next year!

So, especially for everyone who was there when we were:

Among the highlights of our trip this time were the Saturday foam parties, Kama Sutra lessons with Koko, a pole dancing lesson with Jess, erotic massages (plural!!) with Manuel and Lucy in the spa and an erotic photoshoot. Plus, of course, dressing up for the theme nights and making the most of the playroom and Jacuzzi beds..........

We dressed up every night to match the theme - like my grass skirt for the Hawaiian night and our crowns for king and queens night - and always felt part of the action. Ladies: whatever you wear, someone (possibly even me) will be wearing something shorter and/or more see-through. Some people didn’t know about the themes: it’s all on the Desire website and well worth checking out before you leave home. It’s easy to get stuff to fit the themes from eBay. I did the sexy angel contests again (didn’t win like the last two years, but the ladies who did - Miss Ohio and Miss Austria - were fabulous) and Hubby did the Chippendale contest in his king outfit (he did win again!). Tremendous fun all round and a huge thank you to the entertainments team (Charlie, Jess, Koko, Vince and Marco). They are very adept at knowing when to gently encourage participation and when to back off.

As background, we’ve been married 45 years (I was a child bride :lol: ), we aren’t, and never have been, full-on swingers but we are nudists and we do enjoy public sex. :bj We used the playroom and the Jacuzzi beds a lot, but not as many people were in the playroom as in previous years. Perhaps this was a good thing the time we tried to use the swing - well, I didn’t think it was very comfortable.......... :o There was often Jacuzzi beds available until around 11:30, about half the couples (not us!) let down the curtains on the beds for privacy. But very few were left in the Jacuzzi area much after 1am.

We got to go to two foam parties, with the last one just before we left the resort at 4:30 for our flight home - what a great way to end a vacation! (It’s worth knowing the resort is happy for you to stay after check out at noon, and for you to arrive before check in at 3pm - leave your bags in the lobby and get in the pool!!). The foam parties were great, must confess we acted like the teenagers we were when we first met so many years ago.

Kama Sutra lessons with Koko were a new experience. She showed us Tantric breathing and massaging, then some KS sex positions - including a couple we didn’t know after all these years being together! These lessons ended with us licking (very) alcoholic squirty cream off each other (we already knew how to do that…). And my pole dance lesson with Jess was hugely enjoyable. Even though I’ll never be able to do a tenth of what she can on a pole, Hubby was impressed! 8)

Then there were our two erotic massages with Manuel and Lucy. Greedy I know, but I won one in last year’s sexy angel contest and we got the other half price because we went to a sales presentation for 20 minutes! These massages were another outstanding (upstanding?) experience: Manuel and Lucy really know what they are doing. (*) If you’ve never tried anything like this before, we would encourage you to give it a go. We found it not only extremely sexy but also exceptionally romantic. If you want details send me a PM.

And then there was my erotic photoshoot in the disco, our room, on the beach and at the end of the pier. I was very nervous about this, but the Mexican lady taking the photographs was expert at directing how I should pose, where to put my hands, feet, legs, chin, and where to look. We have some truly amazing pictures, ranging from slutwear in the disco to naked on the beach, that all take a good 20 years off my age! Hubby is even more impressed! 8) Again, if you would like details send me a PM.

The only downside to our trip was the mosquitoes. We both, me especially, got bitten a lot and that didn’t help the photoshoot. (Thanks, by the way, to the guest who told me my legs looked a real mess - that truly cheered me up! :oops: ). We’ve been to many properties in the Caribbean and the Maldives where the grounds are sprayed or fogged every night. In this one regard we think Pearl management could do more.

But to end on the best. We met some wonderful people from all around the US, from Ohio (thank you for that naughty phone call!), New Jersey, Texas, the Carolinas, Washington, California (what a great makeover you did on me!), Tennessee, Wyoming, Montana, Georgia - the list is endless and I’m sure we’ve missed some out. Then there were the terrific folks from Canada, Mexico, Austria and the UK. In all the bars in all the world we have never had so many fascinating conversations with so many interesting and intriguing people as in the Jacuzzi bar at Pearl.

Thanks to all of you who made our vacation so delightful just by being there. And we hope to meet many of you again next year.

:UK
Jude1000
Desire Devotee

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Trip Report Desire Pearl:11 to 25 October 2014

Postby vivere » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:22 pm

What an awesome TR. Thanks for taking the time!!! Wow, 2 weeks??? Not sure if we could muster that level of "energy" :bj
vivere
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby K&S4Fun&Sun » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:31 am

We definitely feel the same about the people you meet! We had a wonderful time talking to you both on our final night in the jacuzzi. We still think you should have won the Angels contest that first Sunday! :wink:
Have a great day! Hope to see you in the future.
K & S ~o) :US
K&S4Fun&Sun
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby J&K » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:59 pm

The bugs must be hit and miss. The week before there were none or very little. Might of been bc it was very windy. We also ran into them spraying the lobby several times during our stay so they do try.

Loved the report. Thanks for sharing!
Returning to RM 4/9/22 to 4/15/22. Can’t wait!
J&K
Desire Addict

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 01 Apr 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby couplenindy » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 am

What a great trip report! You have me totally excited for a wonderful trip with my best friend (husband of 23 years) in 11 days!
Thanks!
Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby FunVancouverCouple » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks for the report...would love to hear your thoughts about the massage...wife and I are thinking of doing it dec 13 when we are there
Email is livefree@ hotmail.com
Cheers

Tim
KIK: raincoastcouple
Kasidie: fun_n_style
Upcoming trips
Oct 29 - Nov 3rd 2019
May 16-24 2020
October 31 - Nov 7 2020
FunVancouverCouple
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 13 Jan 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie

Postby BeantownNewbs » Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:21 pm

J&K wrote:The bugs must be hit and miss. The week before there were none or very little. Might of been bc it was very windy. We also ran into them spraying the lobby several times during our stay so they do try.

Loved the report. Thanks for sharing!

We were there last week and didn't experience any problem w mosquitoes/bugs.
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Postby salnjr4fun » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:05 pm

How is it that anyone could book a stay at Desire and not be aware of the fact that there are "theme" nights ? Not that it matters, just curious how that could happen. I doubt anyone on this forum would qualify as that uninformed.
salnjr4fun
Desire Fan

Postby TandD » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:46 pm

salnjr4fun wrote:How is it that anyone could book a stay at Desire and not be aware of the fact that there are "theme" nights ? Not that it matters, just curious how that could happen. I doubt anyone on this forum would qualify as that uninformed.

It's a good question. You'd think that anyone contemplating going to a place like this would do a fair amount of research beforehand to know what they were getting into. But, I took a quick look and if you booked solely through a place like Orbitz for example, and didn't bother to find the Desire web site, you wouldn't necessarily know about the theme nights. Seems odd but I guess it could happen.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl