Trip report: Arrival 10/23 - Depart 10/28, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip report: Arrival 10/23 - Depart 10/28, 2014

Postby EroticSailor » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:30 pm

Five nights; four days. Just right for us. This trip report is a judgement-free one! While my trip report won't be as detailed as others, we loved Pearl and will be back. Our previous trips were to Hedo III (once...loved the resort, but not the Vinnies) and RM (twice). We are not lifestylers; but enjoy being part of the fun atmosphere that's created by their open attitudes.

Rudy helped us check in and he was awesome. I wasn't thrilled with room 65, but I'm sure other people would love it. Looked out on the quiet end of the pool, and we could hear the waves at night. After two nights we moved to room 77 which was exactly what we wanted. Rudy and Jerry were awesome helping us move. Once there, we never used the living room, but having two baths was great! Plunge pool was nice; patio was a beautiful place to have coffee in the morning.

I prefer the ambiance of Pearl for dinner, but Aphrodite was very nice. We never had a bad meal, whether breakfast, lunch or evening. I wasn't thrilled with the house wine, so one night we ordered a bottle, but the price was a bit much. We heard that wine is more expensive in Mexico than the U.S. in general. Not sure if that's true, but we also had folks tell us they bring their own wine. This is a minor issue, but one I thought I'd mention. Every waiter that took care of us was amazing and attentive. The service in the restaurants was outstanding.

Victor on the beach and in the pool area was more than accommodating with towels, helping us with a bed and loungers on the beach and by the quiet end of the pool. I can't say enough good things about the service we received from him and Jared.

The activities folks were wonderful as well. Vince was my favorite. After seeing us in the gym, he made sure to ask our names, then chatted with us and hugged me every day. Charlie was great as well. Again, they all gave 110% to making sure we (and every guest) enjoyed ourselves.

We were there at a relatively quiet time, so there wasn't a lot of craziness; but we were happy to see a few instances of belly shots on the bar (pool and hot tub), luge shots, and multi-person PDA's...all of which make Desire a place we enjoy! Thank you to those fun folks!

Best part of our trip was all the people that we met. We met people from Texas who were Polish immigrants with interesting stories; several couples from all over the country; a wonderful couple from Canada and a really great couple from Australia. We enjoyed meals with some of them and we're keeping in touch with some of them.

Sensual massage is recommended. I loved it; my husband liked it. As others have said, he found the "blowing in the ear" a bit odd, but enjoyed most of the rest of the experience. I loved the whole thing.

Do the photo shoot!!! Highly recommended!! I only wanted beach shots, and my husband was in agreement. We also knew we just wanted a few photos, not a whole book. He didn't want to be in any of the shots, but was watching both me and the photographer the whole time. He loved watching her pose me, and was interested in her shutter speed, aperture, etc. He was the best cheerleader! On many of the shots he'd silently indicate "approval" and he was really excited to see the finished product. The two young ladies were fabulous. The photographer was great. She was very professional and very personable. The girl who gave out the fliers and "recruited" folks was cute and cheerful. She did a great job presenting the finished product with no pressure on us. Overall, a totally wonderful experience! Oh...and the photographer has mad, subtle Photoshop skills! PM me for details.

Loved the lobby bar, enjoyed the shows, the disco was fun but not a lot of folks getting into the themes (like I said, it was a quiet week), pool is fabulous, we wish the ocean wasn't so "stirred up" (not the resort's fault...the seaweed was totally under control), foam party was GREAT, the place is so clean, everyone who works there is so cheerful ("Hola!") that I can't say enough good things. We love Desire Pearl and we'll be back!
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 22 Jan 2016

Re: Trip report: Arrival 10/23 - Depart 10/28, 2014

Postby mrconduct » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:04 pm

May I ask what a "vinnie" is?
mrconduct
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 19 Dec 2014

Postby TandD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 pm

mrconduct wrote:May I ask what a "vinnie" is?

Glad I'm not the only one wondering about that...
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby EroticSailor » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:38 pm

mrconduct wrote:May I ask what a "vinnie" is?

Creepy single guys. It had even been mentioned in the guidebook: "The Naked Truth About Hedonism" so we knew we could encounter one or more. It's why we didn't go back to Hedo and went to RM instead.
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

Postby EroticSailor » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:34 pm

One "minus" that I forgot to mention was the pedicure. For $55 I expect a better foot massage than was given; and I expect that the nail tech isn't adding polish remover to the polish two or three times during the pedicure. The polish lasted about two days on my toes; when usually it lasts a month or more.
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

Postby Trifecta » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:23 pm

EroticSailor wrote:Five nights; four days.

Great Trip report!! Thanks.....Just curious how you do five nights and four days.....does day turn into night at DP from all the sex??? :D
Trifecta
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby EroticSailor » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:32 am

Trifecta wrote:
EroticSailor wrote:Five nights; four days.

Great Trip report!! Thanks.....Just curious how you do five nights and four days.....does day turn into night at DP from all the sex??? :D

What makes you think we had sex?!? ; )

Travel days are tricky. Because we got up at 4:30 on Thursday, Thursday evening was a bit of a wash. Tuesday morning was lovely. The four full days were totally fabulous!
EroticSailor
Desire Lover

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl