Quick thoughts from Pearl

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Quick thoughts from Pearl

Postby couplenindy » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:31 pm

We are currently at Pearl. I will type a full report once we are home, but thought I'd share some quick thoughts. We have been to Hedonism, Desire Cabo, Desire RM, and now Desire Pearl...this is where we think Pearl fits in (we are in a basic ocean view room 54 in the Shell grouping):

Desire Pearl has the most in-room storage of any resort we have been to. Our room even has a built in suitcase cabinet! The bathroom has cubbies to store supplies leaving the counter top open. There are plenty of drawers and closet space (bring extra hangers from home!).

Our room has a deep bathtub (almost shoulder height) that is separate from the shower...very nice!

The service here has been wonderful!

Our room is very nice. It is the nicest of the basic rooms we have ever stayed in at the other c/o- LS friendly resorts. There is a lot of tile-work bamboo-rattan that really sets it apart. We have seen a lot of different layouts of the basic ocean view rooms, and they are all equally nice.

Our balcony is private. It is big enough for two to comfortably sit at the provided table. We have a beautiful ocean and pool view through the palms! I love the private balcony for a private nightcap!

We had a Meet-N-Greet for Party Naked Baby on the first day of our trip. Desire put together a wonderful sushi and champagne event for our group with a DJ. The staff introduced themselves. It was classy and made us feel very welcome!

The food has all been wonderful! I think it equals Desire RM and is better than any of the other resorts we have been to. There are less dining options...but I love how you can order from a menu for every meal.

The lobby construction is finished. It is not enclosed – they just added on to make it larger.

The hairdryer is a full size Conair! Not a cheap hotel quality wall-mounted unit! Yay...power!!

There are small touches like nice vases everywhere...classy place!

OK...now just a few things that we don't like as well:

Instead of the nice terry robes at RM...they have strange dress style robes. I don't think they are comfortable...it is huge on me! I am not a fan!

The walkway is too narrow for two people to walk together comfortably due to lattice-work concrete.

The pond is currently empty. An employee told us they were changing the liner after the lobby renovation and then would be refilling it. I know a lot of people don't like the pond...but the empty pond sure isn't very pretty.

The third restaurant (sushi) is not finished yet :(

Overall...I feel like Pearl is the nicest of all the resorts I have been to. It is classy and upscale! There is a fun crazy party this week with Party Naked Baby in the house...so it is the best of both worlds!

Husband is out of the shower...time for dinner at Pearl...YAY...I love my life!!!
couplenindy
Desire Lover

We are from: USA

Re: Quick thoughts from Pearl

Postby David Donna » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Thank you for the up to date report.
David Donna
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby nologic » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Hi...glad to hear you are having a great trip. When will the sushi restaurant be open?
nologic
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Sep 2015

Postby ms914 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:28 pm

Thanks for the update. We are finishing our packing and will be leaving for the airport in about 7 hours! Look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

Mark & Sue
ms914
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 10 Nov 2012

Postby Hughmcs » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:24 pm

Thanks for the post - It appears that you have previously stayed at RM. It would be great if you could post your comparison about both resorts. Thanks in advance
Hughmcs
Desire Fan

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 17 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS/SDC

Postby Jasonky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:10 pm

We were told the lobby would be enclosed and have air conditioning. That's a shame... We still love the place just not the mosquito's.... Thanks for the report!
Jasonky
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby couplenindy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:21 pm

Jasonky wrote:We were told the lobby would be enclosed and have air conditioning. That's a shame... We still love the place just not the mosquito's.... Thanks for the report!

Jason - there is no sign of construction now...maybe they have future plans to enclose it??? I will try to remember to ask.
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby couplenindy » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:13 pm

nologic wrote:Hi...glad to hear you are having a great trip. When will the sushi restaurant be open?

I asked the manager of Aphrodite tonight...he said it was open...but it would only be open on Friday and Saturday nights. It is listed as a sushi and martini bar on the paperwork we received at check-in.
Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby nologic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:47 pm

How the weather? Is it true that the disco is not air conditioned?
nologic
Desire Lover

Postby couplenindy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:54 pm

nologic wrote:How the weather? Is it true that the disco is not air conditioned?

The weather has been perfect. I was worried that low 80s would be too cool...but the sun here is much hotter than I am used to. If you are in the sun, it is HOT! In the shade and it is perfect weather for being naked! Even at night I have not used a jacket. It rained a little last Sunday...but no rain since!! Just beautiful!

The disco is air conditioned! They actually keep it pretty cool in there.
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Postby nologic » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:53 pm

couplenindy wrote:
nologic wrote:How the weather? Is it true that the disco is not air conditioned?

The weather has been perfect. I was worried that low 80s would be too cool...but the sun here is much hotter than I am used to. If you are in the sun, it is HOT! In the shade and it is perfect weather for being naked! Even at night I have not used a jacket. It rained a little last Sunday...but no rain since!! Just beautiful!

The disco is air conditioned! They actually keep it pretty cool in there.

Wow sounds great. Living vicariously...looking forward ourselves...Keep the reports coming with your favorite experiences...I don't know where I got the feeling that there was no AC in the disco and also that the disco was somewhat tame...
nologic
Desire Lover

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl