A report from our Oct 22 to Nov 03 trip, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

A report from our Oct 22 to Nov 03 trip, 2014

Postby danbo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:36 am

As usual, check in was smooth and easy. The sales pitch is virtually non existent due to complaints. We got our requested room (79 of course) and off we went to start our second visit.
Not much changed since our april visit except some new beds on the beach (south end) and some new lounges around the pool. Victor and Jared are still the go getters and as helpful as ever.
Restaurants and bars still have almost the same great people, especially Rudi, Hector, G and Julio at the bar.
A few new faces on the entertainment staff. Jess and Charlie still there with newcomers Marco (thanks for making the volleyball a shark friendly game), Coco (somewhat crazy), Vince (very cool), and Liz who didn't seem like she was fully recovered from her vacation. Thanks to all for all your energy and enthusiasm.
We again met a great new bunch of people who we will stay in touch with, and we did notice the various shifts in the mood and the vibe (12 nights of viewing) as people came and went. Just before Halloween, a large group came in (60 couples, not sure wether they were Lifestyle Lounge or Luxury Lifestyle). Again there was a great bunch of people in the hot tub and around the pool to meet. We're not in the lifestyle and were never approached with anything other than respect and friendliness.
At this point, we go downhill pretty quick as a result of a total failure of Desire management ability. Here is the scene. In the disco for the evening show, us and some friends are sitting on the stools around the dance floor watching the erotic dancers, when there appeared a guy taking pictures with a big slr type camera (not a phone). Mostly he was shooting the professional dancers so we thought he was with them to do promo shots or something. The show ends and the music starts so people get up to dance in all their sexy outfits. The guy starts taking pictures of the crowd! I saw Charlie over by the door so I went and asked him to get the cameraman out. He checked with security and eventually someone went and had a chat with the camera guy. He insisted he was allowed to film as he was with the lifestyle group at their invitation. Eventually he left and the night resumed with a bit of a damper on things due to not knowing whose picture might en up on what website or Facebook page.
The next morning we approached the guest services manager to express our anger about the photographer. She said they were supposed to announce when they were going to take pictures so people could leave if they chose to. SERIOUSLY??? we can't use the disco because they want take pictures of people in there? Then she said there was nothing to be done because he was with the group, not the hotel. EXCUSE ME??? The hotel can't enforce it's own rules? Anyway she said she would look into it and get back to us. Unkown to us at the time a number of other guests had lodged complaints not just about the cameraman but also about his inappropriate behaviour towards some of the ladies. Turns out he was there by himself, wife was at home.
Next day we were informed the guy was no longer going to be a problem. Wrong. He was around the pool and the hot tub later (no camera) and then got into a spat with a manager (David, food and beverage ) and then a guest who had to tell him to "shut the f**k up" as he was interfering with the El Divo singers. At the suggestion of David, camera guy apologized to the guest and then left.
We saw him around a few times more but eventually the group left and he was no longer an issue except for the way the hotel manager stayed clear of dealing with guest's (some members) complaints regarding his failure to enforce two of the main rules that make desire a safe haven. No Cameras and No Singles (except at times when a single female may stay with a couple).
As things go it's not the end of the world. We hope no one has their life or career effected by unauthorized photos appearing on the net, and that Desire refuses future requests by groups to break the rules. The all mighty dollar will always rule though.
So did he wreck our vacation? Nope. Even dickheads go away eventually and we still had our new friends to hang with, so all is well.
BTW, they opened another play room (beside the spa) to accommodate to the group. Much quieter and more romantic than the one off the disco. It worked well! I believe it was only temporary.
danbo
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Apr 2018

Re: A report from our Oct 22 to Nov 03 trip, 2014

Postby funcpl27 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:56 am

these groups thinking they have a right to take pictures is outrageous enough..... but Desire management allowing them to do AT ALL is completely out of line. PERIOD.
funcpl27
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 27 Jul 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS and Kasadie

Postby bobsharon79 » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:29 pm

Maybe Cokeman can shed some light on this!!!
bobsharon79
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 08 May 2017

Postby Andy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Everytime we go there we always complain about that same issue. There is always somebody using the iphone too much ... Management should enforce the rule. No exceptions.
Andy
Desire Fan

Postby couplenindy » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:44 pm

I totally agree it is disrespectful to take pictures of anyone at any Desire! I did take pictures at Desire Pearl (almost 200...many of which I plan to share in an upcoming trip report) but there was not 1 single person in any of them except my husband and myself by/in our room. I personally do not have a problem with resort photos, but I agree that a group should not be allowed to bring a photographer in with them (especially not a single person). Desire should have stopped this for sure!!

PS - I never even took my camera out if another person was in sight. It is all about respect!!

~Indy
couplenindy
Desire Lover

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl