Newbie Trip Report: Dec 1-Dec 5, 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Newbie Trip Report: Dec 1-Dec 5, 2014

Postby feverpair » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:25 pm

idonotdonot wrote:I'm not sure why so many people are viewing this trip report as negative. It seemed like a totally fair and even trip report to me. It points out the things that are great and the things that are not so great in the authors opinion. He even makes sure to note that others may have a different view of the importance he placed on certain items. It actually seemed like they had a great time and lots of fun. I don't think there is any denying that Desire Pearl can be expensive as the author suggests. This was a detailed report that included pictures. I found it very helpful as we will be first timers as well. It didn't dissuade us or make us regret our decision to go, it just gave us additional information to help set our expectations to help us have a great time.

Thanks for the trip report.

When I commented that it was a negative report perhaps the negative was over emphasised on second glance.

At the outset, the review stated that the OP had a great experience which is great to hear, but from that point onwards we had the following
Pros
1 ) Great experience
2 ) Nice and spacious room
3 ) Mushroom soup and lobster was great
4 ) Great staff
5 ) Massage was a great experience
6 ) Management cared

Cons
1 ) Highlighted that with a little more expense the quality could be better.
2 ) Transfer to the hotel was slow and disorganised.
3 ) Checkin was a disappointment
4 ) Poor views from room
5 ) No assignment of room
6 ) Lack of toiletries in second bathroom
7 ) Bed linen and robes were poor
8 ) Food was a disappointment.
9 ) Wine is not very good or consistent
10 ) Bought own wine due to excessive mark up
11 ) People disappointed by lack of sun loungers
12 ) Pool Temperature was disappointing
13 ) Massage was over priced

So from that we had twice as many negatives as positives, which led me to comment that it was negative. I think as individuals we are very sensitive to negative comments compared to positives.

Like I said, reading it again, the report isn't as negative as it first appeared, but the weighting of the comments didn't help.

We are both really looking forward to our visit in May, and for us, the people are what's important and mixing with others rather than the standard of the rooms etc. Saying that, we like the finer things and as we have never been to a Four Seasons, to us, Desire may fit the bill perfectly.

:UK
feverpair
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 16 May 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Newbie Trip Report: Dec 1-Dec 5, 2014

Postby BeantownNewbs » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:36 pm

I think you nailed it. Although a lot has to do w the weighting of these issues. I pointed out the issues for us. I also said we had a great time and would go back. I think all of my negs have been mentioned by others. There are ways to supplement some of the things we care abt, such as ordering off the menu and bringing our own wines. I even brought a bathrobe which provided protection for the wines, in any case you will have a great time
No Te Salves: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zyrcHSQdVQ
BeantownNewbs
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 01 Dec 2014

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl