1st Trip to Desire...1st time C/O..lots of firsts, Dec 2014

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

1st Trip to Desire...1st time C/O..lots of firsts, Dec 2014

Postby Ghidorah » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:45 pm

We were at Desire Pearl from Dec 3rd to Dec 8th. It was our first trip there. Thoughts:

Bio: We are a mid to late 30s married couple. Hail from the southeast United States. Had never been to a C/O anything not called "our house". We were not lifestylers. Never even dabbled. Didn't know anyone in the lifestyle (as far as we knew about, anyway). We were looking for a good bit of relaxation, an unknown bit of spice and a swim up bar. Maybe even an adventure or two, experience type to be determined. Keep the communication up and go with the flow. That was us.

"Were not lifestylers"...hmm. Past tense on purpose. Let's get back to that "were" part in a bit.

Forum: This place has been a great resource. In trying to figure Desire out before we booked, and in gauging what to expect after we did, this forum was a golden key. Lots of good reading. We tossed out the worst of the OCD whining from the bottom of the curve, ignored the over-the-top Shangri-La slash Eden slash best of the best of the best allelujah raving at top of the curve and figured we would have an accurate read on things using everything in between. Our accurate read on things turned out to be an accurate read on things. And we were very pleased about that. Kudos forum contributors!

Travel: Wish there was direct flight from our city to Cancun, and back again, but that didn't turn out to be the case. Oh well. No complaints. Travel is travel. No need for all the minutiae. It's going to be roughly the same to and from Desire Pearl as it is to and from anywhere that requires a flight, a cab and a passport. Getting a cab was easy. Everyone knows to skip past the airport auto and timeshare hustlers without saying boo and get out into the sun. Which we did. We didn't make prior pick up arrangements. Didn't feel we would need to. And we didn't need to.

Sex: Oh my god. Yes! We...

Just teasing. For the moment. Keeps your attention. Forum post foreplay.

Arrival: Easy check in. We were early. Had to wait for the room. No complaints. When you get someplace before the room is supposed to be ready, why complain that the room isn't ready? Yes, we got the membership sales pitch almost immediately. I hate that kind of thing, even with a bait book of coupons we won't use in the offing. But, they have a job to do. And we had a moment. So, we politely listened to the beautiful saleswoman for a few minutes. We politely declined any next steps or morning coffee meeting appointment. She politely let us off the hook with none of the hard press we've read about others having endured. And it was off to wait for the room over some lunch. It was lunchtime, after all. Saw our first glimpses of all the nakedness at the pool at that point. A diverse array. And a relief that we were finally here. We blushed and smiled at each other, knowing we would be out there very soon.

The Room: We didn't exactly know what kind of room we would get. Our booking was vague about that. When we arrived, we expected that "Master Suite" was just a nice euphemism for "hey, just like every other hotel-stamp resort room evah". We were wrong. So wrong. Wow! So cool! At first we thought the bed was missing. Nope. This is only the anteroom, our bag handler says. With its own bathroom. Interesting. Down the steps...another room. Second bathroom. Fantastic! Getting ready at the same time just got much easier. And...two balconies. Two? Whoa! One rather private, and one right out there for being viewed. Holy awesome! We were already planning on using the right out there for being viewed balcony. When in Rome. Keep the communication up, go with the flow...and let it rip! And we did. Our first morning. The view was beautiful. Every view was beautiful. I'm still smiling about it.

Oh...storage for the suitcases? Nice touch. Much appreciated. Aesthetics, you know. And who was complaining about the paintings in the room not being sexy enough? C'mon. They were nice. A good fit. Have some culture. Not everything has to be libido overt. Just go with it.

Why Am I Writing In This Style?: I don't know. For variation. Variation is good. Right? (wink, wink)

Food: Swingers gotta swing. Foodies gotta bitch. We're not foodies. We like food. We like excellent food. Food is good. It's necessary. But, it's an all-inclusive resort. There is a certain unspoken understanding among all-inclusive vacationers that an all-inclusive is not Paris where food is concerned, is there not? We weren't blown away. We were, however, satisfied. We didn't pick Desire Pearl because of food. It was way down on the priority list after Sex, Meeting Awesome People, Steamy Sex, Hotness, Sensual Sex, Freedom, New Experiences, Pool Drinks, Crazy Hot Monkey Sex and No Kids - Wow, We Actually Can Sleep Late. Excellence Riviera Maya down the way...they got some good food. Better food. Some of the best for an all-inclusive resort. And a heap more restaurants to choose from. Think the foodies on their review sites were happy with that either? Nope. Keeping it simple: avoid the burgers if you like a good burger. No, seriously. But as far as complaints go, that is small potatoes. Otherwise, have at it. Solid fare. Maybe there is some mythical all-inclusive out there, in Paris or Cheboygan or something, that does for resort food what Desire does for...well...desire. I'll take the tasty tasty desire, thank you. Seconds please. With spice. And pool drinks. Scratch that...Jacuzzi Drinks!

The Staff: The staff rocks. Period. The end. The rare miscue was just that. Rare. And not worth the typing. 80 + rooms of guests, all with widely variable levels of service demand and patience. Or impatience. And the staff keeps track and puts in the effort as well as any place I've seen. Much better than most. From the pool activities to the various lesson trainers (I'm looking at you Jess...great job with my wife in the pole dancing class! Wow!), to the barstaff...the entire staff deserves a standing ovation! And tips...where appropriate.

The Trip: Okay, enough with logistics and set-up. How did this trip make us feel? Yes. I know. I completely skipped over the pool and the jacuzzi. And the disco. However, they are not amenities. They don't get a normal resort description. They get interwoven into the experience. They set the tempo of the entire place.

Pool. Jacuzzi. Disco. Jacuzzi.

There's the rhythm.

Breakfast is an option. Lunches are in passing. Dinner a conversational retreat.
To briefly speak in clothes.

Pool. Jacuzzi. Disco. Jacuzzi. The sun comes up. The sun goes down.

We were newbies. The forum was helpful. Take the clothes off at the pool on the first day, the experienced said. Or at the jacuzzi, if you arrive after the crowd has transitioned from cold clear water to hot and bubbling. Suit off! First five minutes. Like a Band-Aid. Forget your insecurities. Be comfortable in your own skin. I did so. After a decadent dose of sunscreen. It worked just as advertised. A brief awkward grin and then I felt secure. Comfortable in my own skin. Rather free. Looking around the pool and the diversity of people on display. Comfortable in their own skin. All shapes and sizes. Some, spectacularly beautiful. Some, not so much. Some, exquisitely fit. Some, not so much. Some, tall. Some, short. Some, hung like horses. Some, not at all. Some endowed with gorgeous breasts. Some, not so much. Some, youthful. Full of vigor and party hungry. Some, much older and at relaxed ease. All the shades of skin color you can see. Comfortable in their own skin. You will be too.

My wife's top made it a half hour. Her bikini bottom lasted a day. (wife edit: the majority of women seemed to keep their bottoms on during the day and then off for the late night Jacuzzi fun) Then it disappeared for the duration. My bathing suit made one more appearance on the last day. Not for the sake of modesty. I just needed a rest from the sun at that point. I don't tan so well. Or, not at all, really. I practically glow in the dark. And it's all fine and good. To future newbies: Whatever your body type or age, go with the flow. And let it rip. Get that goofy smile feeling for a minute or two. Once the blushing settles, relax. Get a drink. Enjoy. There is always good, wholesome (and often bawdy) laughter at the pool. It's all in the fun of people enjoying themselves immensely. But, there is never laughing and pointing. So dispel yourself of those first time fears. There is no need. As my wife and I quickly discovered in meeting other guests, there is no pretension.

As for libidinous habituation, everyone is out to swap with you and your significant other, newbie. Right? Predatory style. Right? Swingers gone crazy. Or, they are out to reject you. As rudely as possible. Over the very insecurity you have the most trouble letting go. Those are the fears. Right? Relax. Your fears are unfounded. I have never in my life been around as gracious and respectful collection of people as I have at Desire Pearl. There is the widest range of comfort zones at play. My wife and I had a lot of conversations prior to the trip. Not having ever known anything like this before, that is quite healthy. We needed and wanted to stretch ourselves beyond what we knew. Even so, we had some distinct boundaries we wanted to maintain. Those boundaries provided a large gray area of uncertainty. Will we? Won't we? Will we be comfortable? Will we not? Will you be comfortable? Will I? With what? We gave ourselves some flexibility to feel it out. See how it went. Stop things if they weren't comfortable. Go with things if we were fine. And then there is the very first question: will we even meet anyone at all?

So, where do you end up coming in as the newbies? Don't worry. The crowd has it own peculiar gravities. Loose cliques tend to coalesce. It starts here and there at the pool. The first handshake. The first hellos. Then, the chatter and flow of the jacuzzi does its work. Movement. Alignment of conversations and attractions, demeanors and personalities. Introductions. Deeper into conversation. Everyone is naked. Pretention is out of town. Personalities are as diverse as body types. We walked in knowing not a soul. We left having made new friends we will keep far beyond our vacation.

Yes. The jacuzzi can and will get wild. You will witness a lot of steamy eroticism. You may even be a part of the steamy eroticism. We enjoyed both the show, and being the show. At first, it surprised us as to what we were doing. Surprise turned into excitement. We held to our boundaries, but we turned that entire gray of flexibility into our playground. We met several wonderful couples. There was a lot of fantastic enjoyment to be had. We didn't know this about ourselves coming in. We came to Desire to see. Curiosity about ourselves and what we both wanted beyond a theoretical conversation. We were not in the lifestyle at all coming in. If you asked me now? Well...(wink, wink). Keep communication up, go with the flow. Back down when you need to. Try things out if you want to. Or, don't do anything at all. Also an option. Be gracious. Be respectful. And have fun.

The disco shows were small, but grand. Some quite sexy. Some quite bawdy. All worth it. And the ladies really make the theme nights. An unexpected highlight was getting to see the attire the women showed off each night. Hot and sexy! (again - wife edit: most women do dress sexy for dinner and then go and change for the disco / theme parties). We had heard the Sin Room was typically empty and everyone would skip it to have their fun at the Jacuzzi. Bah! We did both. It wasn’t empty at all while we were there. Bring it! It’s a cool little retreat of sex with thumping music in the background from the disco. We wanted new experiences. We didn’t want to pass that one up, choosing to have our own little trysts in the posh confines there in teasing ourselves up for the jacuzzi.

I’d like to say we kept to decent bedtimes. We did not. I don’t think there was a night we didn’t outlast the barstaff at the jacuzzi. Time flies when you are having fun. And we could sleep late. Bonus!

Where does this leave us? We are back at home and still on a high from the trip, high-fiving each other over the new and exciting possibilities we have opened ourselves up to. For us, it all worked out. Waking up with giddy with each other every morning we were at Desire Pearl was invigorating for our relationship. Keep the communication up and go with the flow. That’s us. Are we planning to go back? Nah.

Just kidding! After all of the above? Of course we are going back to Desire Pearl! Pool. Jacuzzi. Disco. Jacuzzi. It’s a sexy rhythm!
Ghidorah

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 03 Dec 2014

Re: 1st Trip to Desire...1st time C/O..lots of firsts, Dec 2

Postby miranda2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:11 pm

Wonderful trip report!! You kept me smiling right from the beginning to the end (unfortunately your report ended as I could have read chapters and chapters).

Your report should definitely put newbies many 'concerns and worries' at ease and helpful as to what to expect - or not to expect - and keep their communication and minds open to whatever your Desire vacation has in store for them.

Have you booked your next Desire vacation yet??? :lol:
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Re:1st Trip to Desire...1st time C/O..lots of firsts, Dec 20

Postby Sun&Fun » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:24 pm

Agree on the "wonderful" report comment. Thank you! We experienced a lot of the same this past July on our first trip to a c/o resort. Looking forward to a trip in June and wondering if the second time around will be the same, better, or ???

J & J
Sun&Fun
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 28 Jun 2022

Postby TandD » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:35 pm

And the trip report Oscar goes to...Ghidorah
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby it's all good! » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Ghidorah wrote:Where does this leave us? We are back at home and still on a high from the trip, high-fiving each other over the new and exciting possibilities we have opened ourselves up to. For us, it all worked out. Waking up with giddy with each other every morning we were at Desire Pearl was invigorating for our relationship. Keep the communication up and go with the flow. That’s us. Are we planning to go back? Nah

Exactly..............Great report! :L

Remember, "it's all good, we'll see you in the hot tub!"
it's all good!
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 08 Jan 2017

Postby two4funinpa » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:16 am

Awesome report...be there in 35 days for our first trip. And we are 75% excited and 25% nervous, so this was great. I think we are more nervous about the C/O than we are about the L/S, as we have enjoyed "soft" lifestyle fun, but never frolicked around in the nude (the thought of running around with my junk hanging out still makes me scratch my head, but when in Rome...). Just as your report says and everyone else has expressed, we expect the clothes to melt away. Thanks for posting this.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby thetanman1957 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:46 am

Fantastic and honest trip report! Love it. You know have what is known as Desire fever,welcome to the club. We will be returning for our 10th trip in 34 days and still feel like little kids when we pull up the drive to the resort.
thetanman1957
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 19 Dec 2022

Postby tan44 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:43 am

Thank you for interesting trip report.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

Postby David Donna » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:47 pm

Great review! So glad to hear that you both enjoyed the experience. Your descriptive report should be mandatory reading for anyone considering a trip to the Pearl and are the least bit apprehensive.
David Donna
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

Postby ms208 » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Perhaps the most accurate dead on review of Desire I've read. It's like they read my mind. Went there for the first time for my birthday Dec 15th, was there for 4 days. We live in the frozen north and there hasn't been a day we haven't mentioned how nice it would be to be back there naked and warm! We will be back same time next year.
ms208

We arrive on: 15 Dec 2014

Postby marachuck » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:31 pm

awesome report, brings back memories. good for both of you to go with the flow. it's suppose to snow tonight so your report was taking us back to afternoon JACUZZI!!! Thanks for the report
marachuck
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Jan 2016

Postby Travelcouple89 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:35 am

Thanks so much for the fantastic trip report! You provided an excellent and honest review! Glad you enjoyed yourselves :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby JandsexyJ » Thu May 07, 2015 8:53 pm

That was seriously the best trip report I have read so far. It was super-informative, sexy, hilarious, and (from what I gather) accurate. Made me really look forward to our first trip to DP mid-July. I was honestly disappointed when I realized the post was over, I wanted so much more! It was so fun to read. Thanks so much!

J and J
J and Sexy J
DP Mar 30- April 4 2017
JandsexyJ
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 14 Nov 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: DDN NakedNextDoor

Postby J&J2015 » Tue May 12, 2015 11:19 pm

Three cheers for you. hip hip hurray (x3) that was awesome. Thank you for taking the time to post that.
JandJDesire
July 11-17 - 2015 Desire Pearl
Dec 18-25 - 2015 Desire RM
J&J2015
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 19 Dec 2015
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie, LL

Postby aBrit&aTexan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm

Great report... Pool .. Jacuzzi.. Disco.. Jacuzzi and repeat.. will take that and implement it in June! Can't wait for our second trip!
:UK :US :lol:
Feb 2015, DP June 2015 DP
Feb 2016, DP June 2016 DP
June 2017 DP
June 2018 DP
Nov 2018 DP
Oct 2019 DP
aBrit&aTexan
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 20 Oct 2019