Jan 15 - 20, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Jan 15 - 20, 2015

Postby two4funinpa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:02 am

Will keep it short, because pretty much everything has been said...but everything was over the top great. Just want to echo that.

People - Great. We met so many great people from all walks of life. Never been to a friendlier resort. Made some great new friends, and met some super people we started chatting with on here months ago.

Weather - Not really a Desire issue, but it was great. Warm enough during the day for any water activity. And the night was nice and cool. I felt obligated to mention it because people have said on here it's cold in January. Well it's not. In fact some people we spoke said they came during other times of the year, and prefer January because the heat is not so unbearable.

Food - Good. Some was great.

Rooms - Fine. We were never in it anyway. It was clean, plenty big, overlooked the pool and beach. And ours was a short stumble from the hot tub. Our fridge was always stocked with our favorites. Not sure who did it, or when it was done. It was like magic though. You take something out, and the next time we would go in there, it was restocked.

Pool - Great. There was a quiet end where you could relax. And a noisier end for socializing. Clean, and warm enough. Yes, in January a heated pool would be nice. But it was warm enough to take a dip.

Hot Tub - Well, we spend a lot of time there. Fun, fun, fun. Very fun. Usually some sort of sexual activity happening. And when there wasn't, someone was gearing up for it. And the bar service here was great. Always super accommodating. And the body shots are always entertaining.

Night Club - depending on the night, it was somewhere between OK an really fun. But if you weren't feeling it, you could always leave and make it an early morning the next day. Or go to the hot tub for an hour...or 2...or 5. Did I mention we spent a lot of time at the hot tub.

Beach - we thought it was great. They kept it clean, the water was warm. Plenty of seating. I've read people say it wasn't nice, but we loved it.

Foam party - This was really fun. It burns your eyes a bit, but you don't have to be in it over your head if you don't want. It really gets the party started. And is really cool.

Staff - Terrific. This is where this place really shines. They are beyond terrific. Whatever you need whenever you need it. And they do it with pleasure. They make you feel like they enjoy helping you. And I believe they did. They remembered what you liked and made sure you always had it. One day we decided we just wanted a quick, light lunch on a couch outside the Aphrodite. We grabbed a couple slices of pizza and sat down. Within 30 seconds there they were with our favorite beverages, napkins, and wondering what else they could do to help us. We were liberal tippers because we felt they deserved it. But honestly they made us feel special. We did have one instance where one of the staff members slipped the Mrs. his phone number, but we thought it was funny. That could potentially be problematic for them if this is practice he continues. But he was nice young man.

In fact, and this was our running joke, the only negative thing we found was they didn't have bendy straws. At the foam party we had to lower our drinks below the foam mark to drink them. With a nice bendy straw, we could keep them elevated. So our line was, "if this place only had bendy straws it would be really nice". LOL...

Greatest vacation we ever had. We're barely back 12 hours and we are planning our next trip.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Re: Jan 15 - 20, 2015

Postby twp » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:11 pm

Thanks for the report!
twp
Desire Fan

Postby Gemini Rose » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:22 pm

two4funinpa wrote:So our line was, "if this place only had bendy straws it would be really nice". LOL....

LOL, we used to say that too! But because it's just too hard to lay down and drink with a regular straw :? Now we bring big plastic ones with our mugs.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby partydawg » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:00 pm

Hi, two4funinpa. We were there the 16-20 and could not agree more. We meet so many great people. I don't know if we meet you but I was one of the out going southern boys. We went with some friends from home and were a little worried before we got there, but once we were there the atmosphere and vibe of DP took over. The thing I loved was the party never stops until you want it to. Our friends are still there and come home on Friday. Can't wait to hear what we missed. Great time! Let me know if we meet. PM me if that is a better way to let me know. WOW what a great time.
partydawg
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 16 Jan 2015

Postby two4funinpa » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:56 pm

That's a great way to put it...the party doesn't stop until you want it to. And then sometimes it doesn't even stop then.

I'm sure we crossed paths. We were usually the loud ones in the hot tub doing shots. Did I mention we spent a lot of time in the hot tub?
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Postby Usmcboywonder53 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Thank you, great report. Shame we missed you by a few weeks. Philly people are a blast!
Usmcboywonder53
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Dec 2015

Postby youngmicouple » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:28 am

They need some GD bendy straws and we are willing to keep going back until this travesty is corrected. Great report guys. You rock. It's people like you guys that make this place so great. Same time next year?
Kik 15CamSS1LE
youngmicouple
Desire Devotee

We arrive on: 24 Jan 2023

Postby Trifecta » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:43 am

partydawg wrote:Hi, two4funinpa. We were there the 16-20 and could not agree more. We meet so many great people. I don't know if we meet you.....

I find it difficult to believe you would have forgotten the spectacular pair of breasts depicted in the Avatar.....

But that being said, great trip report!
Trifecta
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Postby two4funinpa » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:33 pm

youngmicouple wrote:They need some GD bendy straws and we are willing to keep going back until this travesty is corrected. Great report guys. You rock. It's people like you guys that make this place so great. Same time next year?

You guys too...great times.

And I told you every year! We started a Cancun Can...it's a can in the kitchen where we put money every week for our trip next year!
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl