Trip report for 1/30 - 2/2, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip report for 1/30 - 2/2, 2015

Postby wilks » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:32 pm

First timers to a Desires resort or any resort of this type. I have been to several all-inclusive resorts throughout Mexico.
We arrived around 10am for check in which went quick and easy. Emanuel spent some time with us going over the resort and a little of what to expect.
They let us use the spa locker to change until room was ready. Of course there was a little initial shock of it all but everything was so well done that went away quickly. We pretty much stayed to ourselves which was fine with everyone. No pressure to do anything. Basically we wanted to enjoy the sun at a place not so up tight. I was able to get into the au-natural dress without to much issue. My wife's timing turned out to be off so she kept her thong on.

Check-in = A
Jarred for Pool/beach loungers = A
Room and maid staff = A
Bar service = A+
Pool and Beach servers = A
Martini Bar and Sushi = A+ (one of our favorite spots of the trip. Wife likes martini's and I like sushi)
Restaurants = A+
Hot Tub = A
Pool = B (really needs to have heater for winter months. Little too cold for most but still very nice to be around. My wife and I liked sitting in the loungers in the shallow part of pool)
Entertainment Staff = A+ (always wanting to keep things going but no big pressure if you want to do nothing)
Beach = B (very nicely laid out but the location gets a lot of seaweed. Pearl should invest in big lawn tractor with attachment to collect seaweed in place of wheel barrels that they use. I have seen this at the Hard Rock in DR which had the same issue. It had five times the beach area with same seaweed problem. They could go over it quickly to pick-up seaweed)
Location = A
Check Out = A
Pool Music = B (can only take some more techno dance music. We did like when they played some modern pop like Maroon 5, Coldplay, etc)

USA-Transfers = A (more timely than a swiss train)

I am not one to give high marks because I truly believe you need to go above and beyond to get an A. I have stayed at the Ritz Cancun which is the only place that compares on food and service. The ritz is very good but boring. Pearl is excellent and as fun as you want it to be. Tastefully done with as much hot sauce as you would like to put on it. Nothing was inappropriate by any of the guest or staff. We will be back for a longer stay. My wife was hesitant on the whole place. She has already recommended Pearl to her best friend that was interested in what she thought.

For the staff that may read this and possibly recognize who we were, Thank you for a wonderful time.
wilks

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl

Re: Trip report for 1/30 - 2/2, 2015

Postby Miacpl30 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:17 pm

How was occupancy?
SDC/Kasidie--miacpl30
Miacpl30
Desire Addict

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 May 2022