Fabulous Jan 20 - 30, 2015 Trip

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Fabulous Jan 20 - 30, 2015 Trip

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:35 am

Hi Everyone,

Our second trip to Desire and first trip to stay at Pearl. We could probably sum up our opinion by telling you that we have already booked to return after only one month (in February)!!!
My previous trip report was more philosophic, describing mood, “sin”sations and emotions, so for a change of pace, I’m going to be more clinical. I’ll try to hit the highlights that many forum posters ask about.

Weather in January: It was just to our liking. Warm but not too hot in the daytime. Great sleeping weather. We kept the patio door open and listened to the waves lapping against the shore. What a way to end a wild night… or begin a romantic morning. The last two nights of our 10 night stay were cool, but the restaurants are kept temperate and the Jacuzzi was hot. The pool was brisk and I am spoiled by warm desert weather, but the pool water was comfortable enough to stay in for the Foam Party and an occasional lap swim. Lots of guests played fun games and volleyball in the pool during the day.

Lifestyle: Fun and Hot!!! It was ISM and I would estimate the ratio to be 60/40 swingers to non-swingers, but who is counting. Everyone was having a great time socializing and being sexy. We joined the Yahoo Group before going this time and it was great fun to meet couples we had communicated with us prior to our trip. There was lots of action, but we were surprised more people didn’t make use of the Playroom. We thought it was great and gave it a workout. It is smaller than at RM and because there is no closing door, the disco music is loud in there. So, that just means we had to howl louder. lol Lots of couples participated in the Theme nights and the Disco nightly entertainment was quality with loads of guest participation. (wild and funny and fun) The Jacuzzi was well visited, and there was plenty of action both in the Jacuzzi and on the surrounding beds. We met many fun-loving couples and everyone seemed to be having the time of their lives. Because of the relaxed rules for ISM, there was play around the pool and we loved it. It will be difficult to return this month and have to “behave” while poolside. We loved the sexually charged atmosphere and did our best to contribute to the vibe.

Food:
Aphrodite’s was fantastic. Excellent food and very romantic, off the menu, evening dining with no waiting. The Sushi restaurant was fantastic. Our only complaint is that it is open so few nights a week. On the other hand, we did not enjoy the Pearl Restaurant. The food was cold, bland and the staff seemed frazzled and inept. We informed management and they assured us that the situation would be rectified. We will see on our next trip and report back. The breakfast and lunches at Aphrodite’s were very good and we liked the variety of being able to order a la carte as well as enjoy the buffet. Plus, you can order food out to the beach if you don’t want to dress for lunch. On Friday & Saturday they have a beach grill set up. Just burgers, dogs and chicken, but a nice addition. Impressed that the food at the breakfast buffet was as fresh at the last 10 minutes as it was all morning. We know because we were almost always the last ones in to eat breakfast. Maybe they can extend breakfast to 11:30 am? Those late nights at the Jacuzzi are hard on us! lol

Service: Superior, as always. They know and remember what you like to drink, what you like to eat, where you like to sit, games you like to play, how you like your room serviced, and on, and on, and on. The staff treated us like we were rich or royalty (and believe me we are neither). We had a large group dinner where we were all served the same dessert and without a word, our server grabbed the dessert away from my husband and swiftly exchanged it for another, remembering that he was allergic to Mango. Now that is lifesaving service. If you needed or wanted something special prepared, they went out of their way to accommodate. The staff, be it bar, restaurant, disco, Jacuzzi, pool, room service, housekeeping, spa, or reception is kind, joyful, professional and just downright charming. If I were to name those who gave outstanding service to us, the list would be enormous. And, there are always so many employees behind the scenes that most of us never see but are essential to overall service.

Facilities:
Pearl has beautiful, tropical grounds and is more lush than RM, with larger pool, but smaller beach area. The Jacuzzi is much larger than RM, but the Sin Room (playroom) is much smaller. Fewer rooms but larger and more updated rooms at the Pearl. There were always ample bed and lounge chair space around the pool and on the beach. On days when the surf was higher there was seaweed on the beach, but they work hard to keep up with it and when the seas were calm, it was not a problem. That’s nature and the large volume of seaweed is particularly bad all over the Gulf this year. Everything is sooo clean; pool water, decks, rooms, dishes, flatware and towels. They do a splendid job of keeping up with fluffy towels and soft linens making sure there are plenty available day and night. The rooms are well appointed and the beds and pillows are very comfortable. If there is anything you need, you have but to ask.
Spa and Massages: WOW! There is not enough time or room here to post about the couples’ massage so I will try to post comments under that topic thread, but let me say… you have to try it.

Check-in/Check Out: Quick and pleasant. We found that using their online Express Check-in was very helpful in moving the process along. We arrived before our room was ready, so they stored our bags and we used the Spa to change (and strip down). When our room was ready, they found us. Same when we left. We had to vacate our room long before our flight out, so they stored our bags and we used the Spa to get around.

Note: We used USA Transfer this trip. Reasonable and very prompt, plus nice clean taxi vans with pleasant drivers.

I know this report was a bit sterile, but believe me, our trip was anything but. It was fun, romantic, adventuresome, relaxed, liberating, sensual, invigorating… well you get the idea. It was heavenly. Everyone talks about going back to the “real world”. Well, we think this is the REAL WORLD, where you are free to be yourselves; natural, loving, happy and unassuming. What’s more real than that?
Xhibition Lovers
And you can leave your hat on! XL
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 28 Jun 2017

Re: Fabulous Jan 20 - 30, 2015 Trip

Postby eddieandjojo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:14 am

Awesome report, see you both in three weeks!
eddieandjojo

We arrive on: 28 Mar 2024

Postby Gemini Rose » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:58 am

Great report! After several visits to RM (where we met you in Sept.) we're giving Pearl a whirl May 9-17. We've had a really lousy winter for south Texas and I can't wait to feel that sun!
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby Wildcowboy » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Great job with your report.. We spent the 25-29 and it was fantastic
Wildcowboy

We arrive on: 25 Jan 2015

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Gemini Rose (T & K),
So glad to hear you are going to get back for what I know must be a well deserved Desire vacation. We're going to miss you in May, but we're planning to be back in September at either DP or DRM and hopefully we can make September an annual event. Everybody needs to know that you are a great couple and two of the people who make Desire such a fun and friendly destination.
XL (D & A)
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:17 pm

Wildcowboy,
Don't know if we met you while you were there. Send a PM if you want to describe something we might remember about each other!!! We were the naked ones! XL
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

Postby twp » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:52 pm

We agree with your reporting. We were there January 23rd through the 30th. We were on the bed with the "large group" of friends. GREAT WEEK!! Tom and Di
twp
Desire Fan

Postby Gemini Rose » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:52 pm

Xhibition Lovers wrote:Gemini Rose (T & K),
So glad to hear you are going to get back for what I know must be a well deserved Desire vacation. We're going to miss you in May, but we're planning to be back in September at either DP or DRM and hopefully we can make September an annual event. Everybody needs to know that you are a great couple and two of the people who make Desire such a fun and friendly destination.
XL (D & A)

Aww, thanks for the kind words. I think May is going to be our only Desire trip this year :(
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby Xhibition Lovers » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:11 pm

twp wrote:We agree with your reporting. We were there January 23rd through the 30th. We were on the bed with the "large group" of friends. GREAT WEEK!! Tom and Di

Tom and Di
I'm pretty sure we saw your group on the Jacuzzi bed across the way from us. And yes, you appeared to be having a GREAT time. We enjoyed the show. XL
Xhibition Lovers
Desire Devotee

Postby Al & Kim » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:40 pm

Great report.
You guys sound like fun. Hope to meet you in 3 weeks.
Al & Kim
Desire Devotee

Will be at:  
We arrive on: 13 Dec 2023

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl