First Timers Report: 2/8 - 2/14, 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

First Timers Report: 2/8 - 2/14, 2015

Postby designthings » Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:25 pm

Our report is probably going to read a lot like the other first timers on here. We hadn’t been to any resort like this, but we both decided something like this was exactly what our busy lives and marriage needed. Actually I (he) decided it was and she was a good sport, and after reading the forums together, she was ready to go.

In short it was the best week of our lives. I almost hate to even mention little things that could’ve possibly been better since overall it was truly an amazing experience.

Arrival: we heard so much good about USA transfers, but we actually had to wait quite a while to find the rep - as did about a dozen others all of whom couldn’t locate the USA people at all for a while. But our drivers - both directions were great and we'll probably use them again next time.

Rooms: fine, no complaints. We had the cheapest, ground floor basic room. View was fine, but as others have stated, we were only in there to sleep and while she got ready for dinner/disco.

Food: good; we liked Aphrodite much better for dinner too, it just seemed to us that the combination of food and service was just a little better. Would it be nicer if they had slightly better wines or pricier tequilas? Absolutely, but we did just fine with what they had. We also ordered off the menu at lunch on the advice of those here and were glad we did.

Beach: fine, but we had just left 2 feet of snow behind, so we were a little biased and being on a beach at all was pretty spectacular. We spent most of our days on the beach reading and being together in the relative peace and quiet.

Staff: Fantastic, we both thought the entertainment staff were top notch, we’re big fans of all of them. I especially like how they're appropriately flirty with the opposite sex but still engage those of the same. I’d mention names but I’m terrible with them and only remember a couple so I don't want to leave anyone out.

Other Guests: Most fun people we’ve ever vacationed/partied with.

Atmosphere: This is where the place shines. The staff and guests combined contribute to a place that you just don’t want to leave. We had all sorts of plans to wander the beach, go into town, etc etc. We didn’t leave once. We weren’t lifestylers nor would we have ever considered anything like it, but the vibe and the sexiness there just has a way of fostering a little exploration. We were naked on the first day and by the third day we were part of some pretty rowdy pre-dinner jacuzzi time.

Jacuzzi: Crazy. Our first couple days were a little quiet in the PDA area, but it heated up mid-week and we were swept right up in it. The only area that we felt the service could’ve been a little better is the bar service during pre-dinner jacuzzi. During our week, it was packed in there every day, and there was only one bartender on much of that time. The wait was long most trips up there. Shorter than a regular bar during happy hour? sure, but everything else was fast and great so this seemed out of place. The one guy on (can’t remember his name) was fast and very good, but one bartender can only do so much with a full bar, 2-3 deep waiting.

Disco: Fun, really fun. We read a lot of complaints about the music, though it was fine for us. Did we start to hear the same stuff after the third night. Yes, but it’s good, fun music. It's not the music on my ipod, but it's dance music. She loves to dance and it got her out there…which got me out there. From what I remember of one of the nights, there may have been some of the ladies removing each others’ clothes on the floor and it was very good.

Sleep: Hardly. We outlasted the bartenders at the jacuzzi every night. It actually took us several days to recover from our vacation.

Sex: Yep, it was really good and frequent and has stayed that way back at home.

We will be back, no question. Hopefully within the next 6 months. We may never go anywhere else again. Our marriage is stronger now as a direct result of our week at Pearl; we couldn’t keep our hands off each other on the flight home.

Our advice to people who are wondering if it’s right for them. Try it, but not without letter your partner know exactly what they’re getting into first AND discuss boundaries. For us we arrived at them (boundaries) pretty quickly and our pre-Pearl discussions and real-time communication guided us through, and we couldn’t be happier about everything we experienced.
designthings

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 09 Feb 2015

Re: First Timers Report: 2/8 - 2/14, 2015

Postby highclassinborrowedshoes » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 pm

A great report designthings
Very much our experience too, based on our earlier trips to RM and twice to Pearl.

Pearl can't come soon enough!

BandL :CAN
highclassinborrowedshoes
Desire Fan

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 04 Mar 2017

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl