Jan1-Jan 5 2015 (I know....we took forever to post this)

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Jan1-Jan 5 2015 (I know....we took forever to post this)

Postby Trifecta » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:37 pm

This post is actually written by my GF who was with me on this trip...I wrote the trip report after our Hedo trip (see the post for info) in May 2014 and it was her turn...So here it is. Its from her perspective, but I can't say I disagree with anything on it. Its part-compare/contrast and part trip report...enjoy!

I promised to write a trip report after our first naked vacation and didn't end up doing that so I am going to use this opportunity to comment on the current trip as well as the previous.
We have been dating for just about a year. Our first trip was to Hedo in May 2014. I had been to a local nude beach at home once, but that had been my only naked experience. My partner had never even considered taking his clothes off in public prior to this trip, let alone any PDA/PDS. He was intrigued by my desire to not only be naked, but my desire to experience each other while other people were around and possible watching. (We are not in the lifestyle and have no current plans to explore the possibility). We (mainly he) did a lot of research beforehand. We read all the forum posts and asked a lot of questions. The openness we experienced on the forums is also the openness you experience with those you meet at the resorts. Overall the people we met online and in person were amazing. No pretenses, no judgment, no stress, just a pure desire to have fun and enjoy the moment. It's probably what I like most about these vacations.

One important thing to keep in mind as you read. We went to Hedo while a very specific group was there. We were not part of that large group, but they basically took over the resort and we were in the minority. I believe that had an effect of the number of people we actually met and spent time with. We went to Desire during swingers month, and although we are not In the lifestyle we met some really nice people that we shared dinner with etc.

About the resorts..... As mentioned we went to Hedo first and about six months later we went to Desire Pearl. Overall, desire pearl is a more upscale resort. The resort itself is nicer, the staff is beyond amazing and the food is much better. The rooms are also larger and a little nicer. The pool is large and well maintained as are the grounds themselves.

The biggest downfall of Desire is the beach. It is covered in this awful seaweed. There is so much of it that it makes swimming and walking on the beach undesirable. One of our favorite things in Hedo was taking long walks in the morning as the area is beautiful. At Desire, the shoreline is so small and that seaweed is such an issue, that long walks are not nearly as nice. In Hedo you can swim in the ocean. The water and beach isn't the best, but definitely better than at Desire.

I found the overall sexual atmospheres of both places very different. At Hedo, you can pretty much have PDA and PDS wherever and whenever, day or night. I rarely saw people in bathing suits, the vast majority were always naked. There were people on the lounge chairs pretty hot and heavy, people on the beach and in the water, people poolside and in the Jacuzzi. It seemed like wherever you looked you saw something happening. Personally, I loved it. I found it to be very erotic. Now, That being said, I was slightly uncomfortable with the singles roaming around. I found them to be rather intrusive at times and would have preferred Desires "couples only" policy.

At Desire Pearl, Sexual acts outside were mainly limited to the Jacuzzi area (which thankfully is quite large) and although some things are happening during the day, most playtime starts in the evening. It was not uncommon to see guests even walking around with their bathing suits on.
Desire does have an awesome sin room. We made our way in there each night and found it to be very exciting. Lots of couples having sex at once, some with multiple partners, but many with just their partners. We all watched each other and often chatted after. It's a place not to be missed at Desire Pearl.

When we go back (which we absolutely will, probably to both resorts at some point), one thing I would like to participate in are the theme nights. I didn't look online beforehand for the list, but everyone who participated seemed to really enjoy it and have fun with it.

From a relationship perspective, many have said it before. If you have a strong, trusting relationship and are just looking for some spice both resorts are great places for that. I walked away from both trips with the feeling that we had done something so personal and private and sensual and sexy. We have inside jokes at home and a secret just for us to share. It brought us closer both emotionally and sexually. :). If you are looking for a relationship repair, beware. I wouldn't suggest this as your venue.
We now have two trips under our belt... And lots more to come :)
Trifecta
Desire Lover

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 24 May 2018

Re: Jan1-Jan 5 2015 (I know....we took forever to post this)

Postby 5kswimmer » Tue May 12, 2015 7:26 am

Trifecta wrote:This post is actually written by my GF who was with me on this trip...I wrote the trip report after our Hedo trip (see the post for info) in May 2014 and it was her turn...So here it is. Its from her perspective, but I can't say I disagree with anything on it. Its part-compare/contrast and part trip report...enjoy!

The biggest downfall of Desire is the beach. It is covered in this awful seaweed. There is so much of it that it makes swimming and walking on the beach undesirable. One of our favorite things in Hedo was taking long walks in the morning as the area is beautiful. At Desire, the shoreline is so small and that seaweed is such an issue, that long walks are not nearly as nice. In Hedo you can swim in the ocean. The water and beach isn't the best, but definitely better than at Desire.

We now have two trips under our belt... And lots more to come :)

In years past the beach at Desire RM has been great for swimming and the beach was raked clean of seaweed every morning. I am surprised that Desire has let it go as this was a big plus for many of us. Thanks for writing your trip report it is very helpful. I think I my change my plans and go to Desire Pearl instead of Desire RM because they have a larger pool - Jim
5kswimmer
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 13 Jun 2015

Postby trubluz » Tue May 12, 2015 11:36 am

In years past the beach at Desire RM has been great for swimming and the beach was raked clean of seaweed every morning. I am surprised that Desire has let it go as this was a big plus for many of us. Thanks for writing your trip report it is very helpful. I think I my change my plans and go to Desire Pearl instead of Desire RM because they have a larger pool - Jim

FYI - The original review is Pearl not RM.
Her curves can be adventurous!
Kasidie: madgerman
SLS: madgerman69
KIK: azmadgerman69
trubluz
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 29 Jun 2018
Swing Site(s) we belong to: Kasidie SLS

Postby Travelcouple89 » Tue May 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Thanks for a great trip report and comparison to Hedo. We love Pearl for many of the reasons you discussed.
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby sailorman » Wed May 13, 2015 11:47 am

Just wanted to say a word about the beach at Pearl: If you don't mind wearing a swimsuit and walking about 200 yards toward Puerto Morales, there are numerous great places to swim. Puerto Morales is about a 15 minute walk and there are really great, inexpensive restaurants and there's a massage tent down the way (Violeta's) that's out of sight and inexpensive. We love Desire but we do love swimming in the ocean!
sailorman
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 04 Jul 1914

Postby aBrit&aTexan » Wed May 13, 2015 3:05 pm

sailorman wrote:Just wanted to say a word about the beach at Pearl: If you don't mind wearing a swimsuit and walking about 200 yards toward Puerto Morales, there are numerous great places to swim. Puerto Morales is about a 15 minute walk and there are really great, inexpensive restaurants and there's a massage tent down the way (Violeta's) that's out of sight and inexpensive. We love Desire but we do love swimming in the ocean!

We can heartily recommend Violeta's massages - a blissful hour of sea breezes and tension-melting massage.. heavenly.. and When you are done pop into My Paradise Beach Club for a mojito or pina colada and a plate of their excellent Ceviche peruana... in my opinion (while not free) they are better than the pool bar at Pearl... We love Puerto Morelos - such a nice town and with a ton of lovely restaurants..
Feb 2015, DP June 2015 DP
Feb 2016, DP June 2016 DP
June 2017 DP
June 2018 DP
Nov 2018 DP
Oct 2019 DP
aBrit&aTexan
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 20 Oct 2019

Postby tikihutguy » Wed May 13, 2015 5:17 pm

trubluz wrote:

I really don't get this.... Been to both resorts and Pearl last August. I really admire the diligence of the great guys that CONSTANTLY rake the beaches to keep them clean and make swimming a great experience :D I've not found anything that was let go. I will, however, look forward to checking this August 8)
tikihutguy
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 18 May 2023

Postby CokeMann » Wed May 13, 2015 10:27 pm

tikihutguy wrote:
trubluz wrote:

I really don't get this.... Been to both resorts and Pearl last August. I really admire the diligence of the great guys that CONSTANTLY rake the beaches to keep them clean and make swimming a great experience :D I've not found anything that was let go. I will, however, look forward to checking this August 8)

Bob and all - we just got back Sunday from our annual Desire RM group trip. It's not thru lack of effort on either Desire resorts efforts - every morning during this trip I've seen the beach cleaned and then within one hour completely re covered with sea weed - and tons more floating as far as you can see.

I spoke to some local fishermen about the change in the Bahia Petempich waters(ie where both Desire resorts are located) and they said that since Christmas they have seen that the local currents and wave patterns have changed dramatically and it's affecting their fishing as well as kicking up vast amounts of sea grass
CokeMann
Site Admin

We are from: Canada

Postby SolDesires » Mon May 18, 2015 12:28 pm

sailorman wrote:Just wanted to say a word about the beach at Pearl: If you don't mind wearing a swimsuit and walking about 200 yards toward Puerto Morales, there are numerous great places to swim. Puerto Morales is about a 15 minute walk and there are really great, inexpensive restaurants and there's a massage tent down the way (Violeta's) that's out of sight and inexpensive. We love Desire but we do love swimming in the ocean!

Thanks for the info...couple of questions...
1. What is the charge for a massage from Violeta's and is it a deep tissue massage or relaxing massage?
2. I've read elsewhere on this forum that you can walk down the beach topless or in a micro see thru bikini...even all the way into town. Does anyone know if that is still the case or if there would be issues? I think that would be fun!
SolDesires
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 10 Jun 2016

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon May 18, 2015 4:02 pm

SolDesires wrote:
sailorman wrote:

Thanks for the info...couple of questions...
1. What is the charge for a massage from Violeta's and is it a deep tissue massage or relaxing massage?
2. I've read elsewhere on this forum that you can walk down the beach topless or in a micro see thru bikini...even all the way into town. Does anyone know if that is still the case or if there would be issues? I think that would be fun!

We just returned from Pearl last night. We walked into town twice during our 8 night stay. I'm not sure if it was Violeta's but, at a large white tent on the beach, we were quoted $35 for an hour. They didn't specify the type. I would say walking the beach topless or see thru probably wouldn't go over well. We saw a lot of what appeared to be local families enjoying the beach.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl