Trip Report 16th - 28th May. 2015

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Trip Report 16th - 28th May. 2015

Postby feverpair2015 » Sun May 17, 2015 5:44 pm

Hi all, I thought I'd post a live trip report for you all, our username would normally be fe repair but it looks like I've forgotten the password. If anyone has any question I'll try my best to answer them. :UK
Day 1 - Saturday
Amstar transfers, quick, efficient, very friendly, would definitely recommend, only took max 30 mins from airport to Pearl and that included 1 previous drop off.
Gerry, very helpful, bringing our bags to the room and giving us quick intro of the resort.
We checked in online, and when we arrived at 6pm on Saturday after being awake for 31 hours we were given a cold towel, some fizz and our room keys, and we had a band fitted to our wrists which I assume is to show the level of guest you are. We did not get any discussion re the sales pitch, it wasn't even mentioned.
We are staying in room 82 which was the room we asked for, first floor room looking directly over the sea at the quite end of the pool, fantastic junior suite and would definitely have again. Water pressure was fine as was wifi cover.
After unpacking, we went off to Aphrodite which was approximately half full at 7.30pm. The meal was very nice, and well presented so overall we were really impressed. The sushi bar must have been full as they were bringing sushi down to Aphrodite.
It was an early night for us after the journey, so off to bed we went, looking forward to the next day.
Desire Pearl 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Desire RM 2017

SDC : feverpair
KIK : feverpair
MeWe : fever pair
feverpair2015
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Re: Trip Report 16th - 28th May. 2015

Postby feverpair2015 » Sun May 17, 2015 6:02 pm

Day 2 - 17th May
Woke up to the sound of the waves, one good thing about having a room near the sea front, and off to breakfast we went at Aphrodite. We were served by Mario, and he was brilliant, funny and informative, and ensured we had everything we needed so Caz had the buffet and I had an omelette. We returned to our room that was no longer dressed from the previous evening with petals, flowers, balloons and a towel sculpture and we had a nose through the minibar. It contains 4 large bottles of water, 2 cans of beer, 2 cans of lilt, 2 cans of coke and 2 cans of diet coke. We decided to not risk the water from the taps even for cleaning teeth and used the bottled water instead. The mini bar gets refilled each day from our current experience and is included in the price.
Vincent sorted us out re sun loungers for the day, and staff were on hand to provide us with drinks if we needed any,
Activities for the day were beach games, wet and sexy aqua gym, beer pong, pool volley and movie soundtrack quiz. Charles and his crew tried there best but some activities were a little difficult to get going such as sexy Aqua gym but to be fair he and his team did a great job with the others.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby tan44 » Sun May 17, 2015 9:56 pm

Thank you for the trip report.
Looking forward for the next 10 days updates.
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby Travelcouple89 » Mon May 18, 2015 7:22 am

Great report thus far. Don't forget your password, we want to hear the rest. :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby feverpair2015 » Mon May 18, 2015 9:25 am

At the end of day 2 we had evening meal at Aphrodite again, this time served by Normando, great character and great service, as people have said before, the staff are great. After the meal we went to get ready for our first evening dressing up, the theme was masquerade and underwear. At the start, Charlie who did the pool activities and his crew got 5 ladies in theme to dance and pole dance and at the end the audience voter their favourite, with the winner getting a free stay at Desire. After the competition, the music went down hill pretty quick with garage, rap etc playing rather than more disco that would have fitted the age group.
We soon left and went to the jacuzzi, now from previous posts we were expecting it to be busy and sexually charged and active, but I would say that there was a maximum of 12 couples, and no one was getting sexual. By 2am after sitting it what felt like rather cool water, we decided to call it a day and return to our room. The pool definitely reds more heat.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby tan44 » Mon May 18, 2015 2:17 pm

Hope the jacuzzi will get busy and active :)
How is the current situation with sea weeds ?
From the cams (Playa del Carmen to Akumal) looks like a lot of them every day ...
Kik : cancunx
tan44
Desire Addict

We are from: Canada

Postby feverpair2015 » Mon May 18, 2015 3:44 pm

tan44 wrote:Hope the jacuzzi will get busy and active :)
From the cams (Playa del Carmen to Akumal) looks like a lot of them every day ...

Lots of seaweed, and cannot see anyone over the last 2 days clearing it, so it lines the whole front of the beach. It doesn't stop you walking up and down the beach, but you have to get over it to get into the ocean, and there is also lots of seaweed in the ocean itself. I have only seen 2 people swimming so far.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon May 18, 2015 4:19 pm

tan44 wrote:Hope the jacuzzi will get busy and active :)

We got home last night after 8 nights. Our room was at the quiet end of the pool. Every morning I saw men hauling wheelbarrows full of seaweed away. They really tried to keep it under control. Another post mentioned that changing tides has really hurt fishing and caused more seaweed.

We saw some jacuzzi activity everyday.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby feverpair2015 » Mon May 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Day 3 - Monday
Breakfast was as usual, I opted for another omelet with cheese. sausage and Bell peppers and very nice it was. Weather is fine and sunny, and the wind appears to have settled a bit. Activities throughout the day were more engaged and included poker and black jack on water, beach games, volley ball, water polo and aquarobics. At 4.30, jacuzzi play time saw a small amount of sexual activity, which is the first I have seen, perhaps this is the shape of things to come. All food continues to be excellent and I will try Pearl for the first time tonight as it is Italian night. Evening theme is Bare as you Dare and hopefully the jacuzzi will be as warm as it was at 4.30 today, whereas yesterday it was actually cold and uncomfortable to sit in for any length of time.
Pearl was great, just like the other restaurant, no need to book either, but if you want a table then arrive before 8pm to be certain. One area of Pearl that I find fantastic is the reception when a live band is on, brilliant.
We also booked two excursions today, one to the temples (Friday) and the other for snorkeling (Wednesday), both booked in house with the resident organizer. I'll report back on what I thought later.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby feverpair2015 » Wed May 20, 2015 7:29 am

Day 4 - Tuesday
Other than doing Yoga with Kia at the end of the peer under the gazebo, today was much like the others. So I thought I'd add some info instead
Seaweed - After spending some time on the beach I did see some effort going into seaweed management. My view on clearing seaweed is that it is exactly that, remove all traces from the beach, but what they actually do is rake the seaweed into a nice neat line that separates the sea from the beach and at no point across the sea front is there a clear gap between sea and beach so you have to tread on the line of seaweed to get to the sea.
Yoga - takes one hour and is hard work, but well worth it.
Sushi - to book a table you use Aphrodite, but be quick as seats are limited, if you are only staying 4 nights I would book immediately..
School Girl themed night - from what we could tell, only three ladies turned out in the theme of the night, and men wore normal clothing.
Pool and fountain at reception - some have said that this should be removed, but it was clean and nice to look at so I do not see the problem.
Mosquitos - in the 4 days we have been here, I have not seen, been bitten or heard any mosquitos, so either they are not here or we are just lucky. Been to many other places on our travels and been bitten a lot, but not here.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby feverpair2015 » Thu May 21, 2015 6:57 am

Day 5 - Wednesday
Just returned from the snorkling excursion, 5 couples in total, all naked for the vast majority of the trip. Set of at 10.30 from the jetty at Pearl and it took around 2 hours to get to the site. Snorkelled over the reef, it was ok but I have seen better reefs, but I guess there is always better, total time at site around 1 hour. We had drinks the whole cruise, alcholic and soft drinks, and we're fed after the snorkelling and then returned to Pearl for 3.30. For us both, we enjoyed the return trip and the company more than the snorkelling itself. Great day out overall and well worth it.
At the moment we just don't seem awake enough to last late into the evening, and we cannot work out why, perhaps it's the travel, the heat or just the amount of sex we are having between the two of us. We even went to sleep today at 8.30pm thinking we could hit the jacuzzi when we woke up, but we didn't wake till 2.45am so it was too late, so off to sleep we went again.
Loving our experience so far. It's a wonderful place.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby Travelcouple89 » Thu May 21, 2015 8:26 pm

Thanks for the great play-by-play reports and updates! We really want to snorkeling or on a nude cruise in July, sounds like a great time. :wink:
Travelcouple89
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 0- 0-2012

Postby feverpair2015 » Fri May 22, 2015 7:16 pm

Day 6 - Thursday
Everything going as previous days, only change is that we went to the Sushi bar, great food, never been to a Sushi restaurant before so was a first for us. If you're coming to Desire, make sure you try it, brilliant, and if you want more food, it just keeps coming if you ask.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby feverpair2015 » Sat May 23, 2015 7:24 am

Day 7 - Friday
Yet another lovely day and we are actually able to stay up later into the evening. Today we were off site for most of it and we visited both Chichen Itza (Mayan temples) and Cenote Ik Kil (beautiful sink hole). Fantastic day out, very hot at the temples but cooling jumping into the sink hole. Food and drink provided all day so if you get the chance, take the tour.
Grill night is my only problem, I cannot seem to find a cut of steak that I like from the list of T-bone, Rib eye or flank. They all are to fatty for my liking but I think that is a problem with me rather than the steak or the way it was cooked. Other than that, the food is as always excellent.
Theme night was All White or Florescent. The theme lends itself well to all because it's easy to achieve but there were still quite a few who struggled to find either anything white or Florescent to wear. Entertainment was a 70s dance group who were very entertaining.
At the jacuzzi we watched the action, and there was some, but still not the level we expected. Action also mainly appears to stay between couples, and I'm still yet to see 2 couples get together. Perhaps this happens in their rooms rather than in the Jacuzzi.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Postby feverpair2015 » Sat May 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Day 8 - Saturday
Another wonderful day in paradise. Today, other than the continued attention of the staff who are brilliant, beyond brilliant if there is such a place, the new thing to report is the foam party. Great fun to be involved in, foam, beach balls, nakedness, jelly shots, music and great entertainment staff. When it comes to sex at the foam party, there were a few couples having sex in the main pool with each other, but other than a couple of body shots on show, there was no lifestyle examples on show.
We are into the lifestyle, but to be honest we chose Pearl because we didn't want our vacation just to be about swapping with others, so for us the vacation has been brilliant so far. From what we have observed and experienced so far, there is very little lifestyle going on, and any examples of PDA is just couples getting frisky, but as I said before, perhaps swapping is happening back in the rooms rather than on show to everyone.
Theme night was great tonight, superheroes or black/red. Within the disco, around 3 people dressed in superhero outfits, but around half went for black/red. The entertainment was great with a circus theme, very talented group, wish I could do a 10th of what they can do.
Lunch was a barbecue and as with everything was lovely.
Dined at Pearl for Mediterranean night and the food was great, and service was excellent.
Roll on tomorrow for another chilled day.
Desire RM 2017

feverpair2015
Desire Lover

Next