May 9-17, 2015 - 8 nights

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

May 9-17, 2015 - 8 nights

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon May 18, 2015 10:39 pm

Many trips to DRM and the former DLC (we think 12?). This was our first trip to Pearl. She’s 55, he’s 57. LOVE being at Desire for nudity, fun, sexual freedom and vibe, not LS.

Had a direct, 2 ½ hour flight on Southwest. We travel with only carry on luggage. Made a quick trip through customs (have never gotten the red light!) Used USA Transfers (booked through the link on this forum). We've used them on many trips. The service is excellent. Great price, private, clean, efficient and friendly!

We were at Pearl at 9:15 a.m.! Our check in was smooth and very quick (did the express check in online). Happy to see Pearl had nice string and bead bracelets (YAY, no scrapes and pokes from the plastic type!) We were given a quick informational session about the resort. As soon as it approached “the pitch”, hubby stated we weren't interested and if we changed our mind we’d let them know. That was it, no pressure, end of pitch.

The room wasn't ready (as we expected). Our larger bags were left with the staff and we headed for the pool with our small “immediate need” bag. Two chairs were made ready for us while we went to the breakfast buffet. Back to the chairs, travel clothes were shed and the fun began!

Our room (73) was ready about 1:00. I’m a light sleeper and we got exactly the type room that was requested on the express check in (upper floor, quiet area of the resort). The four, short flights of stairs we did many times a day were part of our daily exercise! Nice, large room, king bed. Body wash, soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotion provided. (Needed by us due carry on liquid rules). It had more of a palm tree view than ocean but that’s not an issue for us.

Junk settled in the room just in time for the foam party. Yay, our trip was Saturday to Sunday so we got to enjoy two! We've been at RM for one on the tennis court and one in the lobby bar. The ones at Pearl, in the pool, were our favorite. The entertainment staff was great at traveling the pool giving “juice” squirts. Jell-O shots were thrown out towards the end. Dipping under the water got rid of any eye burning issues we had.

We left the resort three times. Once, for a clothing optional catamaran trip. It left the pier about 10:30 and returned around 2:30. For $89 per person (+ tip) snorkeling gear, drinks and lunch (ceviche, guac & chips) were provided. Twice, we walked the beach to Puerto Morelos. Stopped at little places for margaritas and ate both times at El Merkadito (excellent lobster fettuccine and fish tacos!).

Days were spent poolside, either lounging or participating in activities. The entertainment crew (Charlie, Marco, Liz, Kia and Vince) did a great job. All are pretty darn nice eye candy :P They invite participation but don’t pressure. We came home with several gifts. Visited the Jacuzzi either late afternoon or sometime during the evening every day. Watch out for that big drop when getting in! People….. PLEASE remove your used towels from the beds and stop using them as storage for your crap. They supply plenty of towels and there are more than enough cubbies for storage.

Went to the lobby and disco every evening for the entertainment. Two of the nights in the lobby were a little uncomfortable, very warm, no breeze and high humidity. Thank goodness for a/c in the disco! Several of the bands were quite good and had people on the dance floor. For the most part, we didn’t care for the music played in the disco. Some nights we stayed at the lobby bar and went in to dance when we liked a song. Had many espresso martinis at the lobby bar!

The food was very good. Didn’t try Pearl. Suki was open 4 nights during our stay (Wednesday through Saturday). It was our favorite and we ate there 3 times (need a reservation). When the breakfast or lunch buffet felt repetitive we ordered from the menu. Several lunches were done outside.

All of the staff was awesome. Never passed a staff member, from gardeners to managers, that didn't give us a comment, nod or smile. We thought Mario was an exceptional waiter for breakfast and lunch. He’s so smiley, friendly, sweet and eager to please. Eby at the pool, oh my gosh, how does she do it?! A couple of days I needed drink suggestions and she introduced me to the Paloma (fresca, tequila and lime juice) and the Pink Paloma (fresca, tequila and grenadine)!

We met many people of all ages, sizes, colors and lifestyle preference.

Our only disappointment was when we couldn't get chairs in the main pool area (even at 7:30a). We were “stuck” at the quiet end of the pool our last two days. Apparently, there were lots of members present that had dibs on the chairs at the active end. Made the most of it and just spent more time in the water. NOT dissing members (and not getting into THAT battle on here) just don’t understand why a chair or bed has to sit completely unused ALL day. :DL

To sum it up, there were things we liked about Pearl and things we like about RM. For us, Pearl outweighs RM a smidge. Unless there’s a huge price difference or availability issue, we’ll choose Pearl.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Re: May 9-17, 2015 - 8 nights

Postby BVandGV » Tue May 19, 2015 8:02 am

Great report, fellow Texans!! We are headed to Desire at the beginning of July - just don't know yet which resort - we bought during the Secret Sale, so we will know around the middle of June which resort we get - either are fine with us - we have been to RM 3 times & visited Pearl for a day once before they started charging. The more reports I read about Pearl, the more I hope we get Pearl, but we already know we love RM & the staff there, so no worries as to what we get. I just love that we can hop on a Southwest flight & now arrive in Cancun in a short time with not having to change planes!!
Berne and Gary
DRM - March 2011, August, 2013, November, 2014
Pearl - July - 2015, 2016
BVandGV
Desire Lover

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 02 Jul 2016

Postby miranda2 » Tue May 19, 2015 10:20 am

Wonderful trip report and thanks for posting! We are looking forward to our arrival at DP in a few short days and your TR adds to our anticipation and excitement. I'm going to have to try a Paloma! :D And we very much agree with you about the lounger situation.

Wish I had known which room to request when we did the express check in, although we will be happy wherever they assign us. :D
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby Gemini Rose » Tue May 19, 2015 12:43 pm

BVandGV wrote:Great report, fellow Texans!! We are headed to Desire at the beginning of July - just don't know yet which resort - we bought during the Secret Sale, so we will know around the middle of June which resort we get - either are fine with us - we have been to RM 3 times & visited Pearl for a day once before they started charging. The more reports I read about Pearl, the more I hope we get Pearl, but we already know we love RM & the staff there, so no worries as to what we get. I just love that we can hop on a Southwest flight & now arrive in Cancun in a short time with not having to change planes!!

I LOVE the non-stop flights! We live in Canyon Lake so we can choose Austin or San Antonio. Also lucky that the hubs flies so much that we use points for him and companion pass for me! :D
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Postby Gemini Rose » Tue May 19, 2015 12:48 pm

miranda2 wrote:Wonderful trip report and thanks for posting! We are looking forward to our arrival at DP in a few short days and your TR adds to our anticipation and excitement. I'm going to have to try a Paloma! :D And we very much agree with you about the lounger situation.

Wish I had known which room to request when we did the express check in, although we will be happy wherever they assign us. :D

Maybe it won't be as full when you're there. The other days we had no issue getting a chair in the 9-ish time frame. When we couldn't get one Friday I asked about paying to reserve one. That's when I was told I couldn't because the resort was full and there were too many members. Enjoy your stay!
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl