May 22 to 30, 2015 report

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

May 22 to 30, 2015 report

Postby Gktpacpl » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:24 pm

As expected, our recent trip was our best ever. AWESOME!!!
Quick history. First trip was September 2012. Became members early 2013. This recent visit was our 11th or 12th trip, all to Pearl. Since we are in Florida, it's a very easy trip, so yeah ......we go a lot.
Anyway, we wanted to give anyone interested a little update to the changes and improvements at the Pearl.
1) I actually saw pictures of the A/C being delivered to the Pearl. YES, the A/C in the lobby could really be just around the corner. "I will believe it when I feel it on my skin". Anyway...cross your fingers that the 5 pounds of weight loss while dancing in the lobby could be a thing of the past.
2) Jared is gone from the pool (which sucks), but Javier and Victor are better than ever. Evaristo is also gone, but Jerry, Rudy, and Hector are way better than he ever was (my opinion only)
3) Food just keeps getting better every trip. 3 years ago I thought it was cruise ship food at best. This trip it was very good.
4) Staff.... They are just plain great!! We really do feel like we are visiting friends not workers when we return.

Anyway, if anyone wants specific feedback on a specific topic, I will be happy to reply to all questions.

G & K
Gktpacpl
Desire Fan

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 23 Feb 2017

Re: May 22 to 30, 2015 report

Postby feverpair2015 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:55 pm

If anything left it's mark on us, is was how wonderful the staff are, the best we have experienced on any vacation. Truly awesome.
Desire Pearl 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Desire RM 2017

SDC : feverpair
KIK : feverpair
MeWe : fever pair
feverpair2015
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Postby miranda2 » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:43 pm

feverpair2015 wrote:If anything left it's mark on us, is was how wonderful the staff are, the best we have experienced on any vacation. Truly awesome.

We completely agree with this!

A bit about the beach staff. The first day or two they saw us coming to the beach, asked if we wanted loungers and were right there with the towels and set us up. The following days, we went to find some loungers on the beach, went to ask for towels and they handed them over to us and we lay them out on our own loungers. I am not complaining in the least and we don't mind setting ourselves up (we don't feel the staff are there as our slaves, running at our beck and call). Just an FYI for anyone who has any expectations. I am sure they would have done it for us if we had asked.

ALL the staff were simply amazing, courteous, polite and couldn't do enough for us during our wonderful week.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby feverpair2015 » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:41 am

Yep, there was a couple of occasions where we asked for them on the beach, each time they ask you to leave something on the lounger to reserve it. One time they still hadn't bothered setting us up, and another couple moved our items onto the sand, and another they just gave us towels to set ourselves up.

If we asked Victor, we were set up with fantastic service, but when Victor wasn't there, it felt like it wasn't quite as professional. All in all, great staff, the best we had experienced anywhere.
Desire Pearl 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
Desire RM 2017

SDC : feverpair
KIK : feverpair
MeWe : fever pair
feverpair2015
Desire Lover

We are from: UK
We arrive on: 05 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl