Play by play...JUST ARRIVED

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Play by play...JUST ARRIVED

Postby CaptainR » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 pm

Princessambergirl I wish you would continue your Play by Play. I'm interested in an opinion of someone that has not been overly impressed with their experience, and I'm sure others are too. And like others have said if we only hear one side of the story how are we supposed to make a comparison, although we have already made our reservations at RM and not Pearl its still good to hear.
We have taken several cruises and talked to people on the ship that were having a terrible time at the same time we were having a wonderful time. So you have to sift thro the story and make your own judgment call. I'm sure we will have a wonderful time on our first visit to RM in October and we are counting down the days, but lets hear the rest of your story please. :arrow:
CaptainR
Desire Devotee

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya

Postby two4funinpa » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:36 pm

I actually like her language. It's entertaining. But from our perspective, we don't get many vacations alone without our kids. So it would have to be terrible for us not to like it. We have fun wherever we are. We go with a good attitude and make it enjoyable. BUT...we love Pearl. We have another trip planned in January, and of all the places we could choose to go in the entire world, we are going to Pearl.

So maybe it's just not for everyone. And sometimes things happen that set you in a negative direction. If I had bad weather and leaky ceilings, I may hate Pearl too. I mean probably not. But those certainly aren't ideal conditions for all they money you spend to go there. There are certainly cheaper options. So...I sort of get it.
SLS - two4funinpanow
KIK - two4funinpa
two4funinpa
Desire Superstar

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 20 Dec 2022
Swing Site(s) we belong to: sls

Postby CaptainR » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:59 pm

We were in St Maarten Last October during Hurricane Gonzalo. We were scheduled to fly out the day it hit. The hotel we were staying at let us leave and go to the airport with out ever mentioning that the storm had turned into a hurricane and changed direction and has headed right towards us. We should have stayed right where we were. On the taxi ride to the airport the driver got a call and they told him the hurricane was a cat 2 and the Gendarnes were closing the roads and we would not be able to return to the French side of the Island to the hotel we were staying at. To make a long story short we ended up staying at a Hotel on the Dutch side with 5 of our friends on the 3rd floor during a cat 2 hurricane with 2 inches of water on the floor, and no electricity for two days. Nothing else to do during the storm but buy some rum and run around the halls like idiots, drunk idiots. The next two days we tried to make plane flight reservations and sight see the damage, oh and drink more rum. Did we have fun, bet your ass we did. Would we do it again...yup. Would sane people do it ...I sure hope not. :lol:
CaptainR
Desire Devotee

Postby normancouple » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:45 am

We were there the end of their trip and had a blast! There the 15th -20th. Weather was great, people were awesome and service was out of this world. It was our third year in a row to go.
normancouple
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 23 Nov 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: AFF

Postby Jasonky » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Thanks for the trip report! Good or bad, it's nice to hear about someone else s experience. We are returning in September for the second time and can't wait!!!! We love all the activities with Marco, Charlie, Liz, Jess, Coco, Vince, etc.... Life is what you make of it!!! Being naked at a resort with other like minded folks is heaven in my eyes! Sorry your trip wasn't all you had hoped for...
Jasonky
Desire Convert

We arrive on: 28 Sep 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: none

Postby tpearson65 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:47 pm

We have been to DRM and Pearl a total of 14 times since '06. We have said it time and time again....the PEOPLE are what make Desire great. Both the staff and even more so the fabulous mix of couples that we have met. We have friends all over the U.S. thanks to Desire. We have been to other "vanilla" resorts and never made the lasting friendships like we have at Desire. Of all the trips to Desire, only ONE goes down as "bad". And that is solely due to the crowd being small and lame. There is sometime expectation that comes with the price tag. But Desire is BY FAR not the priciest in the area. Check out a night at Excellence or Moon Palace....not to mention that you have to stay fully clothed. And who really wants to pay to keep their cloths ON.

Cheers!!
TnC
tpearson65
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 27 Feb 2016
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SDC - TnCTexas

Postby KC_Couple » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:38 pm

I keep checking back to see if there is another chapter to this saga!
KC_Couple
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 31 Jul 2015

Previous

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl