Play by play...JUST ARRIVED

Please contribute Desire Pearl Trip reports here

Re: Play by play...JUST ARRIVED

Postby Powderfinger » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:56 am

TandD wrote:
bobsharon79 wrote:It just supports the theory that some people refuse to be happy, regardless of the environment!!!!!

Jesus Christ people - lighten up! The OP pointed out things she liked and things she didn't. Just because she didn't like your favorite resort doesn't mean she refuses to be happy regardless of her environment. How in the hell can you jump to that conclusion!

This whole "I had a great time and therefore if you didn't, there must be something wrong with you" is crazy. Yes, most people who post here rave about the place but it's a self-selecting group and that skews the results. The ones who didn't have a good time, probably don't plan on going back and therefore tend to not come back to the forum to post about it. It's a little like the people who say "We never wore seatbelts as kids and we turned out just fine." Well, yeah but you don't get to hear from the ones who weren't so lucky.

The OP wasn't sure if she would like the place, tried it, and it sounds like she found out she didn't. She did what we *all* tell people to do - try it. You'll never know if you don't try it. Well she did, didn't like it, and is now getting flamed for doing what we told her to do.

I would hope people would be a bit more considerate when people take the time to review their experiences.

:L :L
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We are from: USA
Will be at: Desire Riviera Maya
We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby miranda2 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:35 pm

TandD wrote:
bobsharon79 wrote:It just supports the theory that some people refuse to be happy, regardless of the environment!!!!!

Jesus Christ people - lighten up! The OP pointed out things she liked and things she didn't. Just because she didn't like your favorite resort doesn't mean she refuses to be happy regardless of her environment. How in the hell can you jump to that conclusion!

This whole "I had a great time and therefore if you didn't, there must be something wrong with you" is crazy. Yes, most people who post here rave about the place but it's a self-selecting group and that skews the results. The ones who didn't have a good time, probably don't plan on going back and therefore tend to not come back to the forum to post about it. It's a little like the people who say "We never wore seatbelts as kids and we turned out just fine." Well, yeah but you don't get to hear from the ones who weren't so lucky.

The OP wasn't sure if she would like the place, tried it, and it sounds like she found out she didn't. She did what we *all* tell people to do - try it. You'll never know if you don't try it. Well she did, didn't like it, and is now getting flamed for doing what we told her to do.

I would hope people would be a bit more considerate when people take the time to review their experiences.

I would agree with you on some points and Desire is not for everyone but perhaps a few more details about the princesses negative experiences would enlighten us. Why does she feel the resort is too small? If the vast majority of us have never, ever had bad service then what does the princess consider bad service.

If the ceiling was leaking, did they report that to the front desk? Did maintence come and try to do something about it or did the resort offer to move them to a different room, cuz I can't see the resort wouldn't try to ensure they were happy.

We're glad the princess gave the resort a try - what a good sport. And her experience is hers. No one can take that away from her. It's just not the typical trip report we usually get on here.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We are from: Canada
We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby TandD » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:12 pm

miranda2 wrote: Why does she feel the resort is too small? ...
If the ceiling was leaking, did they report that to the front desk? Did maintence come and try to do something about it or did the resort offer to move them to a different room, cuz I can't see the resort wouldn't try to ensure they were happy.

Agreed, and those are the kinds of responses she should have gotten. Not "I've been 12 times so you're obviously too picky".
TandD
Desire Legend

Will be at: Desire Pearl
We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby Jenyphur » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Wow is all I can say. So my b/f and I were talking this weekend about if we would ever consider going back to Desire. (God forbid if you call it DesireS on this forum lol). I was actually thinking that maybe we would give it another try as our first experience wasn't 'great'. So I decided to check out a few reviews and came across this one. My oh my...we had a similar experience as the OP...we thought it was 'ok' but not anywhere near the service and quality we expected for the price. But the way you all turned on her just because she has a different opinion than yours is absolutely appalling. I agree with TandD, everyone has their own experiences and should be allowed to express them without something being wrong with 'them' or feeling attacked. Come on people, as a whole, you pride yourselves on being open and non judgmental but your actions on here are demonstrating that you are just the opposite.

With all that being said, I would possibly go back but I would have lower expectations this time (based on our past experience)... so I feel our experience would actually be better the second time around. IMO, the food, service, resort ISN'T a 5 star quality but you are paying for the adult/sexy atmosphere and as long as you know that going into to it.

Just my .02 lol

Jen
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-AZHotcouple777

Postby gntatdesire » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:00 pm

Our thoughts are objective credibility was lost in this post...but everybody is entitled to an opinion, factual or otherwise.
Princessambergirl wrote:NIGHT AND DAY 4
I have had another interesting day...haha just kidding. But now u r reading and can't stop, so this is what went down. I didn't sleep worth a shit last night and all I can think about is going home. This place gets pretty small pretty quickly, so I needed a change of pace. We decided to walk down the beach and happened to stumble across a fantastic beach front massage place, 3 twenty dollar bills and hubs and I were happier than 2 pigs in shit for probably one of the best full body massages I have ever had. An hour of relaxing, then a three mile walk and we arrived back to the resort. We did spend a few hours laying on some beach chairs working on our tans. I think if any part of this day were entertaining this would be it..becauseeeeee.....its a public beach and the people watching from my perspective was fantastic, I found the "general public" hilarious!!! the gawks, stares , and uncomfortable laughing amused me for a good while until I was hungry and it was time to have some food at the grill. Ps: the buffet was horrible service was worse. This evening is basically a repeat of last night, the difference being that I'm writing this from my balcony, it's peaceful out here, and I am soooo over this place!!"

And lest we forget the first post of this thread:
Princessambergirl wrote:"i am going to try to give at least one update everyday, as many of you guys know if am nuts...I booked cancelled and booked again..."
When does flirting become foreplay?

No regrets, except why did we wait to have so much fun!
gntatdesire
Desire Addict

Postby Gemini Rose » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:58 pm

My response to this trip report was based on the OP's tone, language and general attitude. Many of her posts before even going to Pearl led me to believe she just wasn't going to enjoy this trip.
Gemini Rose and Cowboy
Gemini Rose
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 11 May 2019

Postby Powderfinger » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:06 am

Jenyphur wrote:Wow is all I can say. So my b/f and I were talking this weekend about if we would ever consider going back to Desire. (God forbid if you call it DesireS on this forum lol). I was actually thinking that maybe we would give it another try as our first experience wasn't 'great'. So I decided to check out a few reviews and came across this one. My oh my...we had a similar experience as the OP...we thought it was 'ok' but not anywhere near the service and quality we expected for the price. But the way you all turned on her just because she has a different opinion than yours is absolutely appalling. I agree with TandD, everyone has their own experiences and should be allowed to express them without something being wrong with 'them' or feeling attacked. Come on people, as a whole, you pride yourselves on being open and non judgmental but your actions on here are demonstrating that you are just the opposite.

With all that being said, I would possibly go back but I would have lower expectations this time (based on our past experience)... so I feel our experience would actually be better the second time around. IMO, the food, service, resort ISN'T a 5 star quality but you are paying for the adult/sexy atmosphere and as long as you know that going into to it.

Just my .02 lol

Jen

Why would you not call the place by its actual name? You know, the name that's plastered all over the forum? So yes, it is a big pet peeve of many here ("lol")

"All"? "All" did not turn on her, as you yourself note in agreeing with TandD, as did others. So, "open and non judgmental but your actions on here are demonstrating that you are just the opposite"...."absolutely appalling".

Everyone has their own trip experiences. In a dozen trips, we've had one outlier. In fact, during that one (at RM), service was so bad, in addition to several shoddy, unkempt areas, that had it been our first trip, I don't know if we'd have ever gone back....and didn't return at our next usual vacation time, and the one after that, we went to Pearl. Then when we did venture back, not only had everything returned back to previously experienced standards, it had improved beyond them. So if you make a return visit, do not be surprised to find things different from your first stay.
RMJan'08,'12,'16,'17Jan/Feb'09,'10,'11Feb'18June'13July'12,'14,'19July/Aug'10,'11,'15,'16,'17,'21Spt'09 Dec'18','19,'20
DPJuly'13July/Aug'18
Powderfinger
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 11 Dec 2023
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS

Postby Jenyphur » Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Because it was simply a MISTAKE to call it DesireS lol,...and this is exactly my point. It seems that once someone doesn't like this place 'many' of the people on here start attacking the posters for SILLY things such as saying the place is too small or calling it DesireS. I get that you love this place and want to protect it as it is probably the best of this type of resort out there but it's like a little high school clique that gangs up on people that have other opinions. If anything, you are turning people OFF to the resort if this is how you represent itself. Try not to be too harsh on people for having a different opinion than your own or for making simple mistakes...aren't we all supposed to be the non judgemental and open minded group? Is that too much to ask reallY?
First time at Pearl Aug 21-27, 2014
Jenyphur
Desire Lover

We arrive on: 21 Aug 2014
Swing Site(s) we belong to: SLS-AZHotcouple777

Postby marachuck » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:39 pm

yes, its wrong to blast someone just because they don't like Desire or didn't have fun. its not for everyone. and frankly, if folks who don't like the resorts and don't go, all the more room for others.

no, what see as odd about these series of posts is the dramatic spin down. from I am really, really not sure, to we're going this will be sooo much fun, to WOW we here and we had fun TO OMG to get me outta here. what happened? but Doesn't this also does happen at Desire. it gets too intense or not intense enough. we all say no one judges but in fact you see people making decisions who to hang out with etc all time. it can be huge social experiment and not all outcomes are fine and dandy. the best advise I've heard is go without major expectations and you will enjoy it. that does not sound like what happened here in four or five days.
marachuck
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 16 Jan 2016

Postby TandD » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:27 pm

It doesn't look like the OP is coming back to explain so it's hard to know exactly what happened. I too was confused on the "about face" from sounding like she loved it, to hating it and just wanting to go home. It seemed like she was taking the leaking ceiling in stride and still enjoying the trip. I suspect though that she was trying to put on a brave face in spite of just not being comfortable with the vibe.

I went back and looked at some of her previous posts and I think she was very unsure of coming here in the first place and her intuition was correct. They were booked and then she cancelled because she had body image concerns. In another post she said "...the thought of public activity freaks me the f**k out". She also said her religious views were a main hold up in making reservations.

Here's my theory; Her husband wanted to go but she wasn't sure. Being a loving wife looking to fan the flames of passion she did her research, got encouragement from the good folks here, stepped out of her comfort zone and convinced herself to give it a try. When she got here though, it wasn't enough. All those thoughts and doubts overwhelmed her and it just didn't work.

Clearly, in the spectrum of people, there are those who know they would hate it here, those that love it here, and those who are somewhere in between. I give her full credit for having the nerve to try it and see where she fell. For anyone else in the same boat of wondering whether to go, I still say it's worth the risk. If you don't like it, well, you've "wasted" a couple of days at a tropical resort and some money but at least you don't have to wonder any more. If you *do* like it though, now you know that too and you've just opened another door in your life.
TandD
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 06 Jun 2019

Postby miranda2 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:21 pm

Don't kid yourself in thinking that most people on here are open and non judgemental. Just read more posts and discussions on here and you will find that the people on here are just people and they have opinions, likes and dislikes, just like everyone you come in contact with in your daily life.
miranda2
Desire Legend

We arrive on: 26 Sep 2018

Postby salnjr4fun » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:38 am

TandD wrote:I went back and looked at some of her previous posts and I think she was very unsure of coming here in the first place and her intuition was correct. They were booked and then she cancelled because she had body image concerns. In another post she said "...the thought of public activity freaks me the f**k out". She also said her religious views were a main hold up in making reservations.

Here's my theory; Her husband wanted to go but she wasn't sure. Being a loving wife looking to fan the flames of passion she did her research, got encouragement from the good folks here, stepped out of her comfort zone and convinced herself to give it a try. When she got here though, it wasn't enough. All those thoughts and doubts overwhelmed her and it just didn't work.

Speculation is tough. If you look back to the posts, it was the husband who made the commented you posted above.
salnjr4fun
Desire Fan

Postby honeycouple » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Ive been to Desire Cabo for the grand opening, DRM and DP. Ive had water on the floor from too much rain, sand from to strong of wind, Food that I didnt care for and ordered something else, condensation leaking from the AC unit onto clothes.... Rain so hard you couldnt hear yourself think, Sat in the Hot Tub during a massive downpour....

BUTT, I never once wanted to leave early or thought I wasn't getting what I paid for. We each make the experience unique by how we handle adversity.

A "BAD" day at Desire is still better then my best day at work!

When the weather doesnt cooperate meet up with people in the hot tub. Its always warm there. Then head in for a long lunch/Dinner, Disco at night and the play room til they kick you out.
Mike and Annalisa
July 19 2014 - Engaged on the Pier
JULY 25 thru August 1 2015 - Honeymoon
Dinner party Sunday July 26, 2015 Desire Pearl. Join us?
honeycouple
Desire Superstar

We arrive on: 25 Jul 2015

Postby Gktpacpl » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:23 pm

Honey..... You're awesome. You get it. Period.
Gktpacpl
Desire Fan

We arrive on: 23 Feb 2017

Postby David Donna » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:13 pm

honeycouple wrote:Disco at night and the play room til they kick you out.

Wait, what? They kick you out!?!? OMG we aren't staying up late enough!

Just kidding....

You have the right attitude Honey.
David Donna
Desire Addict

We arrive on: 25 Oct 2019
Swing Site(s) we belong to: cafe desire

PreviousNext

Return to Trip Reports from Desire Pearl